I own a vista aura quadrajet. I fully agree with you regarding plastic parts quality very flimsy.
I only trust the fiat engine so took it, got my original horn replaced from global tyres ernakulam with two hella horns high tone & low tone. I have got my wiper switch combination changed under warranty.
This is one good thing tata does replace defective ones without much hassles.
@biker can you post the images of vinyl floor cover? did you pasted it on the floor ? I haven't heard of it before but i was thinking about it since long? How much did it cost?
If anyone else knows about it do share. I am not talking about floor mats.
Few things that I would like to highlight/discuss.
- The showroom should have installed centralised locking with remote. They did it for me. My model is Aura Q'Jet.
- Agree on the plastic quality and the panel gaps. However it's a big improvement from Indica V2 and I hear that the interiors & plastics have been improved in the 2012 Vista.
- I suggest you do the 3M - Anti-rust coating. It's very critical for coastal areas and the under-body coating helps to reduce the tyre noise to some extent.
- Yes, they should provide the tachometer in all trims. Wonder if it's available in all trims of the 2012 model.
- I am bit surprised about the A/C issue. Have not faced under-cooling problem in my Vista. Does anyone know about the size of the A/C compressor?