Tata Indica Vista Heads Towards Major Refresh

They should go with bigger wheels and lowered suspension, the car looks great and has decent performance to match, interiors are a real step up as well. Its those 2 ply wheels that make the car look really sad and skinny. No un needed skirts, spoilers and all that crap, just a clean looking car.

They should go with bigger wheels and lowered suspension, the car looks great and has decent performance to match, interiors are a real step up as well. Its those 2 ply wheels that make the car look really sad and skinny. No un needed skirts, spoilers and all that crap, just a clean looking car.
TATA's main USP is Mileage, good ground clearance and spacious interiors for good comfort which no car delivers in this segment. Most of the Indicas and Vistas are sold in the rural areas where there is great respect for the car. Hence tall boy ergonomics apply to these cars and cannot expect sporty performance.

TATA's main USP is Mileage, good ground clearance and spacious interiors for good comfort which no car delivers in this segment. Most of the Indicas and Vistas are sold in the rural areas where there is great respect for the car. Hence tall boy ergonomics apply to these cars and cannot expect sporty performance.
I agree with you, but Tata always engineers their cars to 90% and leave 10% with the chalta hai atitude, same with Mahindra. Tata and Mahindra products quality falls woefully short of accepted international standards. This is one area I hope they can close the gap in.

Tata always engineers their cars to 90% and leave 10% with the chalta hai atitude, same with Mahindra.
Exactly. That's the prime reason City Rover failed miserably and now had been voted as the worst car in the times of automotive history in the UK.

That CHALTA HAI attitude has put the Indica/Indigo, Safari & Scorpio still vulnerable to rattles and failures. Had this been tightened from then they would have had preceedors which would have made international debuts by today.

[sad][sad]

Is it just me, or does the image render shared above by Appu, looks like upgraded GETZ and not Vista. I personally would love to see tatas part away with christmas tail light and instead replace something more rounder...

The main defect with this kind of break lights in the reduced loading area and hence pushing larger dimensions into the boot will be a Hercules task. The USP of the existing tail lights gives a bigger boot door hence easy loading comfort.

Is it just me, or does the image render shared above by Appu, looks like upgraded GETZ and not Vista. I personally would love to see tatas part away with christmas tail light and instead replace something more rounder...

As a Vista owner, I can say the pic which I posted above is 100% Vista.

I too like the existing tail lights. I never find any odd reason to dislike.

The main defect with this kind of break lights in the reduced loading area and hence pushing larger dimensions into the boot will be a Hercules task. The USP of the existing tail lights gives a bigger boot door hence easy loading comfort.
I think you never loaded/Unloaded luggage in Vista/Indica. If you could have done that, you will never say like this[:)]

I completely disagree with your comments here.

Vista's tail lights are thin and long. I never faced any problem while loading and unloading things with my Vista as well as in my Ex- Black Indica.

I fell loading & Un-loading is very easy in Vista when compare to Swift and Getz.

I think you never loaded/Unloaded luggage in Vista/Indica. If you could have done that, you will never say like this[:)]

I completely disagree with your comments here.

Vista's tail lights are thin and long. I never faced any problem while loading and unloading things with my Vista as well as in my Ex- Black Indica.

I fell loading & Un-loading is very easy in Vista when compare to Swift and Getz.
That's what is my point bro. I said loading and unloading in a Vista is easier than a i10 or a Swift because the break lights come in the way of loading luggage.

Our company car is too and Indica Vista 2010.

What about the positioning of the car?

I prefer TATA slots in this way. Keep the existing Vista in LS & LX trims but with 1.2L XETA, (Petrol) 1.4L (Deisel) BS III and IV TATA engines and only one model LX with Fiat Engine.

Introduce this new car with a new name without the Indica badge. Position it in LX, VX and ZX trims with the Fiat engines. This way TATA can keep away the taxi image with the existing car and introduce the new car with a new non-taxi image.

Top Bottom