Tata Indica V2: Technical Problems & Solutions

Hi Friends

This is regarding the problems we face with Tata Indica DLS model. Its a 2009 model, which was running as a Taxi. We bought it for own use as well as for tourist purpose. It has clocked 1,25,000 kms. We are pleased with its mileage. It gives 18 to 22 kmpl constantly during mixed drives. Following are the problems we are facing with this car.

1. The Car's wheel alignment is off almost everytime. It pulls to left or right as it wishes. I know well that Indica needs frequent alignment when compared to other cars in its segment. But i heard that it has to be done once in 5000 kms strictly. But we found that if we take it to Terrains or bumpy roads, its alignment is gone. Please suggest what can be done for this issue.?

2. Another big head ache with this car is its pick up. Usually Indica is under powered with A/C. But this car has very low pick up even without A/C with five persons. It moves like a snail in the highways and i need to stand up in the accelerator during sudden pick ups.[frustration] Its Air filter was changed four times as its recommended to change every 40,000 kms. We found that engine's smoke was normal. Suggestions are most welcome for this issue..

3. Another issue is water leakage inside the doors. During a rainy day, we found that rain water was leaking through the door beeding at driver's door. Hope TATA is teaching to harvest rain water. [roll] We felt ashamed with this issue, as five of them was there in the car and after a big struggle, those water was drained. During rainy days, also Horn does not function properly. Door beedings was changed only few months back.

4. Finally its regarding the formation of Rust at front doors. Its rusted below the window's beeding. Can we give a touch up for this one.?

Your suggestions would me more helpful for us.
Halo Srikanth,
Could you manage to get a copy of Tata indica "Workshop manual"?

Indica dls 2009 switch on and fan start but temreture not up but fan start and close any time
Fan rilly change
Clean a rediater chockup
Main t socket change

Last edited:
Good day. I’m battling with my tata indica 1.4 LSi 2009. Its jerking only when I’m pulling away after stopping and engine light is on.
How much has the car clocked so far? If you have any access to any OBD reader, try connecting and checking what the error code is coming up for the check engine light that is appearing.

I think it is the initial signs of clutch wear i.e., clutch release bearing.

Squeaky sound from alternator belt is a design issue. Every one of us has it. As long as it shows up only for morning starts or when you drive through water, I'd say put up with it.

Coolant leak is serious. Do you have enough levels? Check coolant tank. Have it checked asap

Top Bottom