Tata Indica V2: Technical Problems & Solutions

Re: Tata Indica V2 DLS - List of Problems. Help Required!

Tata Indica V2 Engine Carbon Cleanup

If you need to remove black smoke, improve pickup, reduce fuel consumption, reduce vibrations and have smooth ride do the PHD60 Treatment.

Watch this video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdX8GIR_lFk

This treatment have saved several owners 10s of thousands of Rs.

Last edited:
Instrument cluster getting warm

Hello TAI members,
Recently I have noticed that plastic portion above the AC knob on my indica is warming up. I am not using heater, sometimes the AC.

Please help.

Regards

Guidance for 14 year old Tata Indica DLS

Hi Folks,

I just became a member and putting up my first post.

This is regarding my 14 year old Indica Diesel DLS, 2003 manufacture. Its done only 33,000 Kms till now.
I need your guidance in resolving several of my issues and doubts

1. My service centre person says I should get the timing belt changed. I have read that timing belt is done after 90,000 km running. Also, they are quoting Rs 8000 for doing it.

2. My engine makes a high engine voice when I accelerate to max of a gear limit. For eg at 3rd gear 60kmph is max. So it makes a when I cross 50Kmph on 3rd gear. Is it the issue of engine or belt? Its been 3 years now like this.

3. Its going to complete 15 years next year when its registration expires. Should I try to get it re-registered? If I decide to sell it after its expiry, will the showroom guys take it in exchange?

These are some major issues that are bothering. I would appreciate a lot if someone helps me sort through these.

Re: Guidance for 14 year old Tata Indica DLS

Well on the timing belt, since this is stock timing belt, and that car has not been used much. I believe the timing belt must have reached its expiry date. Hence the request to change. in 14 years in Navi mumbai, even the metal pieces begin to corrode. So you might want to change the timing belt.

IMO since the car is 14 Year old try to sell off now as is and get a new machine as per your budget. In any case the cost of existing car due its age would be very minimal

IMO since the car is 14 Year old try to sell off now as is and get a new machine as per your budget. In any case the cost of existing car due its age would be very minimal
Thanks. But would it not be possible to get it re-registered? I am a bit attached to the car as it was my dad's [roll]

You can always re-register it but it will come with cost. If you have real emotions then I would suggest to keep aside all financial calculations. You can always make this car feel you brand new these days

oil leackage problem from engine

i have tata indica v2, now everything is ok,, but only one problem is there lots of oil leakage from engine. also if drive 200 km. need to fill up 1 ltr. water. mechanic told me to make new engine but i dont want to do expance in this car. what is a optimum solution for this. please reply.

if change the car what about renault kwid?

Re: oil leackage problem from engine

i have tata indica v2, now everything is ok,, but only one problem is there lots of oil leakage from engine. also if drive 200 km. need to fill up 1 ltr. water. mechanic told me to make new engine but i dont want to do expance in this car. what is a optimum solution for this. please reply.

if change the car what about renault kwid?
first how many kms the car has done? engine oil leaking from where? for coolant drying, did you notice any coolant leak when the vechile is parked. Is the coolant overflowing via the overflow tube?

Sir,

The car has done 90000.km. Leakage is from engine.. below the head.. also for coolest there is no leakage. Before this there was problem of radiator fan switch and it's been fix now. So there is no overflow. Also.

Indica problem

I owned tata indica DLS v2 2006 model ran only 65000 kms. I purchased it which is known. I am facing speed problem and engine is getting heat for 8 to 10 kms. Recently diesel pump is repaired. Suddenly car acceleration is slowing down when keeping load. While changing the gear pick up is getting down. Please help me in this issue. Getting irritated while driving like a trainer

Re: Indica problem

I owned tata indica DLS v2 2006 model ran only 65000 kms. I purchased it which is known. I am facing speed problem and engine is getting heat for 8 to 10 kms. Recently diesel pump is repaired. Suddenly car acceleration is slowing down when keeping load. While changing the gear pick up is getting down. Please help me in this issue. Getting irritated while driving like a trainer
First off,Welcome to The Automotive India :)

Your Engine is overheating because it's not properly cooled.

The Cause - Coolant Leakage (Broken Pipes/hose.etc),Dirty Radiator.etc

Solution - Get the Car to a Mechanic and ask him to fully clean the Engine and Engine Bay first.Then ask him to check for Coolant levels.If it is low,Ask him to check for the coolant pipes/hoses for any cracks/leaks and get them fixed right away.Then ask him to flush the whole coolant system and put brand new Coolant.Also ask him to clean the Radiator and the High speed fan.

This should fix your Engine Overheating issue

Re: Indica problem

+ 1 to bharathbigb,

Also check the radiator fan, if fan is not working engine tends to heat obviously.

Tata Indica GLS petrol temp gauge is rising high frequently

Hi Gurus,

I have temp gauge issue in my tata indica car. i bough this car last year OCT-2016

Model:2009
Owner:Third
No of KM ran:109000

I have driven only less than 1500 KM so far. changed battery-Excide recently around 5k. Radiator fan wasn't working when i came from my home town to my father in law house.When i reached his house, there was a smoke form bonnet and observe that the temp gauge is high.. Coolant came out from coolant cap. Finally we went to workshop by pouring water and stopping the car whenever the temp gauge was rises.

The mechanic changed the radiator as it was broken . Now the temp gauge is raising frequently though we drive for 2 Kms.. When the fan ran , it is coming down. We planned to visit temple which is far away 280 Kms (140 up +140 down) .When car reached 9 KMs , the temp gauge raised and coolant came out . Then we called mechanic and he diagnosed the car. It was relay/fuse issue due to radiator fan wasn't running. When relay/fuse issue was fixed, temp wasn't raised

When we visit the same workshop with temp gauge issue, they said that we need to change the ECM board which would cost around 20 thousand rupees and wiring needs to be aligned .Also he said that AC is switched on when the car was stated which need to be looked. He approximately quoted around 29 thousand and we withdraw our decision to fix the issue due to heavy cost. Mechanic said that the issue will persist till we change ECM broad and wiring work.

Yesterday i drove the car nearby my home. Even i haven't reached 2 or 3 Kms , the temp gauge was going to high and it is coming down when the radiator fan ran .

Now i couldn't believe the car for long distance due to this issue. Not sure when coolant will come out and car will stay in the road.

Is it small problem which can be fixed with less cost or do we have to change the ECM board as per mechanic advise.

Thanks,
Vijay

Top Bottom