Tata Indica Gets a New Lease of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
wdeweww.JPG

Tata Motors today announced that the Tata Indica will soon become India's most fuel efficient car with an all new, BS4 compliant, CR4 diesel engine. The car will also have a host of other exciting features.

The new engine packs in 32% increase in power, 65% increase in torque along with a 46% improvement on fuel efficiency. It revs up to 70 PS power @ 4000 RPM and delivers 140 Nm torque at 1800-3000 RPM. The car is now far more peppy, light, responsive and smart.

Besides, improved drivability, the new Tata Indica will offer fresh exterior and interior looks and class defining features.

Source: Tata Motors

Re: Tata Indica to get new lease of life

Well i appreciate this move , two good things!

First is , a more powerful and at the same time fuel efficient car to have for the cabbies!

Secondly it will to an extent free the Vista from the Indica image!

Thread Starter #3

As per Tata, the car will now have improved interiors and exteriors which imo is much needed. With increased power, better fuel efficiency and fresh looks, i am sure Indica will find success among the regular non commercial segment too.

Its a good move technically!

But looks?? are they going to maintain the same trade mark car again! Its more than 10 years we are seeing this model. I am bored atleast.

Re: Tata Indica to Get a New Lease of Life

Probably they're having a New Grille-Bumper combination/face-lift again.
This car still boasts one of the most Uncomfortable Driving ergonomics with Steering Wheel Set too high & inappropriately angled Acclererator Pedal to hurt the knees.
Hope Tata tries to Iron-out this otherwise its takers would be that guys who don't bother about these facts i.e: Taxi-wallas.

350Z

Core Team

By reviving the old Indica yet again in Metro cities, they are only inviting tourism or taxi operators to make a good use of this car. I think out ten, only three from the general public will consider owning the dated model of Indica. Anyways, waiting to know which ‘exciting’ features they are going to be!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its a good move technically!

But looks?? are they going to maintain the same trade mark car again! Its more than 10 years we are seeing this model. I am bored atleast.
Yes, the looks are maintained. Only the wheel arches are removed.

It would come in 5 colours: White, Silver, Burgandy, Orange & Apple Green.
The top-end model will have alloy wheels, music system with USB & Bluetooth connectivity.
And it will have 2 tone interiors.

The best part: Tata claims that this CR4 engine will give Fuel efficiency of 25kmpl !![thumbsup]

Source: A friend in TML [glasses]

Last edited:

Come one guys to maintaim a car in productiom for ten years asks for guts. Like merc and bimers
hats off to tata.
an old time owners will be happy to note.tht they will.never run of spares or upgrade

350Z

Core Team

Come one guys to maintaim a car in productiom for ten years asks for guts. Like merc and bimers hats off to tata. an old time owners will be happy to note.tht they will.never run of spares or upgrade
More than guts, it asks for demand. The Indica is such a popular Indian economy car that people are still preferring, in which the major share being of the taxi operators (Me thinks). Tata Motors is still receiving so much demand for this car that they opted not to phase it out from the market and rather continue to earn profit. As far as the spare parts are concerned, usually these volume players keep them in stock for at least a decade more.

It would come in 5 colours: White, Silver, Burgandy, Orange & Apple Green. The top-end model will have alloy wheels, music system with USB & Bluetooth connectivity.
And it will have 2 tone interiors.The best part: Tata claims that this CR4 engine will give Fuel efficiency of 25kmpl !!

Source: A friend in TML
Thanks for the insider information. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for the info Knightrider! With all those features and the improved FE now , the Indica had just become even more VFM!

AMG

Suspended

Tata Motors have named the new version of the car the Indica eV2. The new CR4 engine employed in the car breaks new ground for Tata in terms of engine performance and efficiency. The new engine is capable of producing 76PS of peak power at 4000rpm and 140Nm of peak torque in a very usable rpm band of 1800-3000rpm. The company claims a fuel efficiency of mind-boggling 25kmpl (ARAI certified), making the eV2 the most fuel efficient car in the country.

Tata-Indica-eV2-interior.jpg

indica ev2

There is news about indica ev2 everywhere.

when was it launched.

couple of days back saw a maroon colour indica , with "indica V2" badge in rear .
it was the first time i am seeing the indica with that badge in boot door

Then after that saw the news of ev2 everywhere.

googling it shows it has better engine tuned to previous indica.
has a crdi diesel feed.
hope it has a turbo too and is priced lower and have maximum fuel efficiency.

Any exact details. need to check them out soon at tata dealership here.

Looks wise its same , minus the wheel arches and skirt that v2 had[thumbsup]

Have a auto -drive assist , explained as it helps in hill climbing , time taken by new drivers to adjust to clutch during stop and start in a inclined way

has 70ps and 140 nm torque at 1400 rpm itself. , way better than old indica? roughly a 10 bhp increase and i remember old indica has a torque of 85nm?

Last edited:

Dear Akash
Looking forward to a detailed test drive!-confused by the Tata Strategy-Have a good new platform in the Vista with a TDI (still BS3) available for sale and they put a newer engine (CR4) in the "old" indica and sell it for higher cost!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom