Tata Hexa Review & Pictures: Herculean Hexa

Thread Starter #31
Let me have this pleasure to thank Vipul & Vibhor for making the review live. I had been eagerly waiting for it. This one sets an entirely new benchmark in Official Review(s) writing. Highly detailed one! Now, I can sleep in peace today.
Thanks a lot for kind words akash, routine is indeed taking a hard toll on me these days, things should normalize in a couple of weeks though.

Tata's misinterpretation of the wise saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' to if it broke and reported even then don't fix it is simply amazing.
Dunno why, I just can't disagree on this specific line. But yes, drive it to believe it, Hexa is a lot more than just an Aria with changed clothes and character.

Who knows, Even I may buy Hexa as my next car
That will be a wise choice I believe, its priced right and Tata is working very hard in terms of customer support too.

New HEXA prices updated on Tata Hexa
Below is the comparison of previous and present Ex Showroom prices in Goa

View attachment 232047
thanks a lot for sharing updated prices.

Good review !! But one small feedback- calling Crysta "Chinese design" is in poor taste
Here comes the personal perception into play, even new Fortuner looks Chinese to my eyes, I am an Endy type guys you know. But yes, I do completely agree with you over that fact that Crysta is a very functional, well equipped and decent vehicle with huge capabilities.

On reading this review i have a thought-despite having near perfect SUVs in Land-rover and all the assistance from them, how come they got the ergonomics of the third seat wrong.
One way it's thoughtful too, no third row occupants in the 7 seat Hexa can deboard the car on right hand/traffic side. But they have royally messed up in the 6 seat version.

I hope i am wrong,but it looks like we will be at the 1-1.5K mark sales for a while to come-the recent price hike will pinch the Hex more than the XUV-it was just beginning to get some grip in the market [cry]
Same is my opinion, after the price cut, Hexa closed the gap with XUV, which has again widened now.

Nice and detailed review. Does xta has TCS ?
Nopes, and it gets tail happy too on loose surface.

Great to know the issue was resolved. TML is indeed changing.
I must accept that TML guys have worked really hard in that case, they sent engineers not once, but thrice the car was inspected by Tata engineers and they even drove on hilly terrain just to make sure that every kind of terrain is covered and nullify all the chances of reappearance. In other words, Tata spent more money in satisfying the customer than probably the profit they earned on the car, Mr. Rai is now very happy with his car and is even proud to tell others his Tata story.

One small and funny incident though:
One day on a phone call, when Mr. Rai visited the T.A.S.S. second time after the complaint was made, he was surprised to discover the presence of some Tata sales and service officials too along with engineers for inspecting his car. He told me in the night over phone "Arey yaar last time toh bas paani diya tha, aaj toh inhone mujhe lunch bhi karwaya aur woh bhi keh keh ke (Last time they offered only water, today they even got me lunch too and that also with requests)". :biggrin:

In other words, Tata spent more money in satisfying the customer than probably the profit they earned on the car, Mr. Rai is now very happy with his car and is even proud to tell others his Tata story.
If he can convince another buyer with his story, that is a gain for TML right[;)]

Features, fit 'n finish of interiors. No apparent cost cutting.

With chrome peeling off and other loose plastics, why does all reviews say interior is good? Even in my 6yr old polo the chrome interior is still new.

Another Excellent review by TSI Vipul. Clear and crisp. In your previous reviews you had also done the review about mileage figures with respect to different driving modes. Why is it missing here ? Anyways excellent presentation as to how a review should be. [clap]

Very much detailed review!Thumbs up

SCOOP-
Meanwhile some recap on Tata Hexa AT data:

PUNCH Powerglide and TATA Motors Limited, a relationship founded on confidence and cooperation

''Since 2012, TATA and PUNCH Powerglide teams have been working closely on the integration of the 6L50 transmission into various platforms, the Hexa SUV is the very last-born with a diesel 2.2L motor coupled with PUNCH 6-speed automatic.

PUNCH Powerglide looks forward to continuing this partnership and supporting its client TATA in its current and future developments.''
AT1.jpg

AT2.jpg

Also TataMotors seems like importing 2 types of AT boxes from the French OEM , one with RWD, and another with AWD ! No updated import datas that of 2017 available !

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSY - 6L50 AWD (580927000102)
AWD.jpg
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSY - 6L50 RWD (580927000101)
RWD.jpg

Very much detailed review!Thumbs up

SCOOP-
Meanwhile some recap on Tata Hexa AT data:

View attachment 233134

View attachment 233135

Also TataMotors seems like importing 2 types of AT boxes from the French OEM , one with RWD, and another with AWD ! No updated import datas that of 2017 available !

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSY - 6L50 AWD (580927000102)
View attachment 233137
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSY - 6L50 RWD (580927000101)
View attachment 233136
So they have option of AWD in Automatic transmission. Maybe TML is waiting Hexa to get good response in the market which it is already getting. Soon will have XTA 4x4 option available in Hexa.

Here are the HEXA Sept sales figures/dispatches as compared to its peers.

Toyota Crysta - 6323
Mahidra XUV -3343
JEEP COMPASS - 2151
TATA HEXA -1245

Source: Auto Punditz

Its seems Tata hexa will be coming in Exclusive brown shade.
Now to me it seems it could be the same Urban Bronze that we have for Storme or may be the Copper Dazzle that we have on Tigor. Either of the shades will definitely looks great on Hexa.
Personally i would want to see Hexa in Astern black and a dark shade of Green.

courtesy: TBHP member RavenAvi

Here are the HEXA Sept sales figures/dispatches as compared to its peers.

Toyota Crysta - 6323
Mahidra XUV -3343
JEEP COMPASS - 2151
TATA HEXA -1245

Source: Auto Punditz
Looks like again HEXA is on blackfoot in Sept month in sales numbers[frustration]. Others are getting very much better sales than HEXA. Looking at HEXA as a product it is definitely a better product from TML stable. Still it is getting sales less than 2K a month. Production issues should have been solved till now.

TML definitely needs to work on their Brand Goodwill.

So here are the pics of the brown hexa
View attachment 233523

View attachment 233524

Source : TBHP member RavenAvi
A good looking HEXA got a new color. Hope it will be available before Diwali. I really love the front side of HEXA, it looks like a product made by International company rather than TML vehicle.

Check out the video to see how sweet its handling is, especially the change of direction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sYq-USMkM
It will be awesome to see, They are testing competition SUV's in the segment in same manner & HEXA proves it's stability among all of them. Like the below video where they tested most of the SUV's competing with each other in the segment where HEXA shows its stability and control over others. Though XUV5OO is not there in the Test vehicle's. [frustration]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHditEJ7FfM

I remember some MOOSE Test is done outside India to show how stable the SUV is while doing sudden Turns.

Last edited:

Top Bottom