Tata Hexa Review & Pictures: Herculean Hexa

Thread Starter #91
Selling 1400 cars just once or twice is not enough, they need to maintain the momentum and keep the marketing teams on their heels. Once they manage to average 1500 units per month, slowly and steadily the marketing push can be removed.

Sales.PNG

From the above sales chart, a few conclusions I can reach are:

• It's the Crysta that drives the segment sales mainly, look at how segment total varies with sales of Crysta
  • There is a kind of pattern between XUV and Hexa sales where they mostly move up and down together, Crysta seems to be uneffected
  • There is no proof of the fact that Hexa sales are eating up XUV numbers, else there would have been an opposite sales pattern between Hexa and XUV
  • Average sales for Hexa stand at 1,111 units per month, for XUV at 2,160 units per month and for Crysta at 6,164 units per month.
  • The overall segment is still moving up and is having an average sales of 9,436 units per month
  • Overall market share stands at:
    • Hexa: 11.78%
    • Innova Crysta: 65.32%
    • Mahindra XUV: 22.89%
We all know Mahindra, don't we? They have prepared a new XUV and the aggression in their sales and marketing is hidden to none. I don't know about others but I believe that Tata needs to fasten their belts and I believe that next 6 months will be interesting in terms of sales.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
SUV Owners United League (SOUL) members all set for the Mountain Trail from Tawang, Guwahati

Image 1.jpg
To celebrate the first anniversary of the Tata Hexa, Tata Motors has specially curated an iconic North East drive experience - Mountain Trail, Tawang; for its SUV Owners United League (SOUL) members, covering 1056 km

Image 2.jpg
Mr. Nakul Gupta – General Manager, UV, Marketing, Tata Motors and Mr. Prashant Shekhar, Regional Manager East – 3, Tata Motors, flagging off a fleet of new generation SUVs all set for the Mountain Trail, Tawang from Guwahati​

Regards

Akash

Selling 1400 cars just once or twice is not enough, they need to maintain the momentum and keep the marketing teams on their heels. Once they manage to average 1500 units per month, slowly and steadily the marketing push can be removed.

View attachment 243698

From the above sales chart, a few conclusions I can reach are:

• It's the Crysta that drives the segment sales mainly, look at how segment total varies with sales of Crysta
  • There is a kind of pattern between XUV and Hexa sales where they mostly move up and down together, Crysta seems to be uneffected
  • There is no proof of the fact that Hexa sales are eating up XUV numbers, else there would have been an opposite sales pattern between Hexa and XUV
  • Average sales for Hexa stand at 1,111 units per month, for XUV at 2,160 units per month and for Crysta at 6,164 units per month.
  • The overall segment is still moving up and is having an average sales of 9,436 units per month
  • Overall market share stands at:
    • Hexa: 11.78%
    • Innova Crysta: 65.32%
    • Mahindra XUV: 22.89%
We all know Mahindra, don't we? They have prepared a new XUV and the aggression in their sales and marketing is hidden to none. I don't know about others but I believe that Tata needs to fasten their belts and I believe that next 6 months will be interesting in terms of sales.

My concern is same as yours. HEXA from day one selling at less than 1000 numbers and all of the TML lovers clap for these figures when others are dealing with 3000-5000 odd numbers every month. I guess only two times sales gone more than 1000 rest every month its lesser than 1000. I am following TML as well as Mahindra on Tweeter, TML is marketing HEXA like no one and despite that sales is lower than expected. I was expecting 1500-2000 units per month for HEXA as it is a benchmark product in terms of Ride & Handling in the segment.

Now Sales for April 2018 is out, thanks to AutoPanditz.

INNOVA CRYSTA- 7055 (selling like a Boss),
Jeep COMPASS- 1908 (Steady figures every month),
XUV5OO- 2995 [clap],
HEXA- 818 (again less than 1000 [frustration])

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata Motors SOUL culminates its ‘Iconic Ladakh Drive, Mountain Trail, August 2018’

Drives to Ladakh, the paradise of driving enthusiasts

Image.jpeg

Mumbai August 11, 2018: Tata Motors SOUL (SUV Owners United League) enthralled its SUV enthusiasts for the second time this year with its ‘Iconic Ladakh Drive, Mountain Trail, August 2018’. To explore the unexplored destinations, this trail drove through the scintillating landscapes of Himachal Pradesh starting from Chandigarh to the Land of the mystic Lamas – Ladakh. The drive to Leh was designed to give the Safari and Hexa owners an experience of a lifetime, where these adventure seekers got a chance to drive through a 1300 kilometer stretch across plains and rugged snow-capped mountains.

Post its commencement on 3rd August from Chandigarh, the SOUL convoy of 12 Tata SUVs and 32 people traversed through few of the highest mountain passes in the country like the majestic Rohtang Pass, the gateway to Ladakh, the Baralachha pass which is at an altitude of 16,000 ft, Nakee La at 16500 ft, and Lachungla at 16600ft. This 10 day drive journey concluded at Khardung La, a pass situated at 18,380 ft above the sea level. With an exceptional combination of design, comfort and off-road and on-road capabilities, the Tata Motors trail of SUVs drove seamlessly through some of the highest motorable roads and passes in the world.

This expedition was curated to provide Tata SOUL members with an opportunity to rekindle their spirit of adventure, in the company of like-minded people and cover some of the toughest terrains in the country. This drive gave them a chance to visit some of the most pristine and unexplored areas, from lush green valleys to snow-capped mountains. The members also enjoyed the unparalleled beauty of Pangong Tso and a camping night under the stars in the Himalayas. To make the experience even more enriching, there were activities like white water rafting in the Zanskar river and cooking lessons of the local culinary delicacies.

SOUL is a special program from Tata Motors that brings together the Tata Motors SUV owners through adventurous drives traversing across some of the most breath-taking landscapes. Since its inception in 2012, the community has grown to more than 10,000 proud members. The SOUL program also provides exclusive offers to customers on Tata Motors Genuine Accessories, extended warranty and insurance, which enhances the ownership experience of their Tata SUV.

About Tata Motors

Tata Motors Limited (BSE: TATAMOTORS), a USD 45 billion organisation, is a leading global automobile manufacturer of cars, utility vehicles, buses, trucks and defence vehicles. Part of the USD 100 billion Tata group, Tata Motors is India’s largest and the only OEM offering extensive range of integrated, smart and e-mobility solutions. Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa, and Indonesia through a strong global network of 76 subsidiary and associate companies, including Jaguar Land Rover in the UK and Tata Daewoo in South Korea.

With a focus on engineering and tech enabled automotive solutions catering to the future of mobility, Tata Motors is India’s market leader in commercial vehicles and amongst the top four in the passenger vehicles market. With ‘Connecting Aspirations’ at the core of its brand promise, the company’s innovation efforts are focused to develop pioneering technologies that are sustainable as well as suited to evolving aspirations of the market and the customers. Tata Motors strives to bring new products that fire the imagination of GenNext customers, fueled by state of the art design and R&D centers located in India, the UK, Italy and Korea. Internationally, Tata commercial and passenger vehicles are marketed in countries, spread across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia, South America, Australia, CIS, and Russia.
Regards

Akash

I am in the market for a seven seater. I love the hexa and after test driving the auto I liked it better than the crysta auto. Now I am in a fix which to buy. Friends and family say crysta as it's reliable. The only thing that goes in favour is reliability for Toyota and tales of its Innova clocking more than Lakhs of kms. And added to it the resale value. My problems are compounded by the fact that hexa sell s only 800 units on an average. I just don't understand why they don't advertise. And also y they don't expand their dealership s. I am hesitating to go for the hexa because what if they stop the production of this model once 7x comes into the market. So could you guide me on this.

Good decision[clap], I own XMA since 1.5 years and I bet you will never regret your decision.
Thanks. Another query. Have you gone for any extra fittings. I plan to change to alloy and place a reverse camera. The sales executive told me that the screen has to be attached separately on the dashboard,(that In my opinion might not look good). He said It cannot be mated to the AV unit of the hexa. How effective is the manual ac unit of the vehicle. Do you miss not having an auto ac

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Another query... Have u gone for any extra fittings. I plan to change to alloy and place a reverse camera. The sales executive told me that the screen has to be attached separately on the dashboard,(that In my opinion might not look good). He said It cannot be mated to the AV unit of the hexa. How effective is the manual ac unit of the vehicle. Do you miss not having an auto ac
Reverse camera, can be in various forms,
1. that integrates with exisiting AV, but as SA said, it will not so option ruled out, also not suggested since it may void the warranty if the wires are cut.
2. small screen that sits in the area where windshield meets the dashboard. Its small and not obstructive.
3. Fit it on your IRVM, inside rear view mirror. So it will have reflective surface as well as embedded screen which activated on engaging reverse gear. Addon utility.
4. sensor based, so you only get alarm and indication where the obstruction is.

I have the sensor based without camera for my storme and works just fine. but are viewing screen would be an added advantage.

What ever you do DONOT cut wires anywhere.

Wish you all the beast on the mammoth "HEXA" Wish you millions of happy (s)miles.

I have placed the order for a hexa XMA. I insisted upon an August make. But the dealer tell s me that he is unable to provide one because as per the company they have July stock to clear. How does one verify the info given by the dealer. He said he got it as a mail. I have asked him to fwd that to me. Hope he does and does not hide behind any confidentiality terms.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have placed the order for a hexa XMA. I insisted upon an August make. But the dealer tell s me that he is unable to provide one because as per the company they have July stock to clear. How does one verify the info given by the dealer. He said he got it as a mail. I have asked him to fwd that to me. Hope he does and does not hide behind any confidentiality terms.
Is there any other Tata dealer in your area or only this one to whom you have booked the car?. In case there is another dealer, then you can tell this guy either to get an August make or cancel the booking. Or you may tell him that you will wait for the August make (provided you are not in urgent to get the car)

Some sort of negative tricks may sometime work out in our favour - think and try it.[roll]

Hai , well I actually put myself in a position where my hands are tied. Two weeks back I sold them my city idtech as exchange. So now I am left with no vehicle for my commute :-(

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hai , well I actually put myself in a position where my hands are tied. Two weeks back I sold them my city idtech as exchange. So now I am left with no vehicle for my commute :-(
Oh.. you already handed over your car to them - that's the catch.!

Wish, you should have made arrangements as such you will deliver the old car against getting the new car..

Top Bottom