Tata Harrier XZ: Ownership Review

Great Drive. and great details. you were here. That's great but we missed the chance to make it memorable. next time whenever you are here i waana say Amrish puri stuff " AAO KABHI HAVELI PE"....hahaha, Jokes apart but i think if you posted here prior to trip i surely be at kalka to welcome you, at least a meetup or catch up for lunch or dinner may happen. Anyways there always is a next time buddy.

Thread Starter #32
Great Drive. and great details. you were here. That's great but we missed the chance to make it memorable. next time whenever you are here i waana say Amrish puri stuff " AAO KABHI HAVELI PE"....hahaha, Jokes apart but i think if you posted here prior to trip i surely be at kalka to welcome you, at least a meetup or catch up for lunch or dinner may happen. Anyways there always is a next time buddy.
Thanks so much and appreciate your warmness. Would definitely let you know if I happen to be that side again. On same note, I would be very happy to welcome you if you ever happen to be in Pune. Good to see such forums creating bonding between unknowns, we seriously need more of this now a days :)

Surely@umalkars, we all are bonded together by the way other thinks wired, and that is love and passion for cars nd machines. Yes if it happen to me to be in Pune you will be the first one whom ill be meeting there, and again invitation for you to be here as this time you explored the himachal which was already explored by many people, next time i will help you to see the unexplored himachal and you surely love it. Hope to see u soon. Take care.

Though late to the party, have a wonderful time with your new Harrier. How is Harrier doing. I guess its now around 6 months with your Harrier, and Am sure you would have around 10K on the ODO. How has been your association with Harrier?

Thread Starter #37
An update after a long time .. completed 12k recently. No issues so far yet, going good. The stability and comfort in Harrier is matchless on highways. Mileage is also consistent, 18+ kmpl on highways as per TF2TF method and in city it's around 13-15 with AC all time. Hoping to continue enjoying drives in my Harrier.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
An update after a long time .. completed 12k recently. No issues so far yet, going good. The stability and comfort in Harrier is matchless on highways. Mileage is also consistent, 18+ kmpl on highways as per TF2TF method and in city it's around 13-15 with AC all time. Hoping to continue enjoying drives in my Harrier.
Excellent mileage on such a large beast. Beyond expectations.

My Harrier completed 10000 km in its 8th month.
Agree with you on Mileage. I too calculate by Tankful to Tankful method.
Stability and ride quality on bad roads are exceptional.

Thread Starter #42
My Harrier too competed 10,000 Kms in 7 months. Oh boy I cannot ask more from a monster of this size to deliver 25kmpl. It gives me 12kmpl in Chennai City and 17kmpl on highways.
Yes, the mileage / average of Harrier exceeds the expectations.

Thread Starter #43
Just an update - drove from Pune to Kanha (MP) via Nagpur and following was the route taken and the road conditions.

Started from Pune around 10pm on 24th and reached Shegaon around 7am on 25th.
Route taken - Pune - Aurangabad - Jalna - Deolgaonraja - Chikhli - Khamgaon - Shegaon.

Pune to Jalna - 4 lane good condition
Jalna to Chikhli - 2/4 lane - work in progress but still good and recommended if anyone intends to travel via this route
Chikhli to Khamgaon to Shegaon - cement road, good condition

Started from Shegaon around 4pm on 25th and reached Nagpur around 10pm the same day.
Route taken - Shegaon - Balapur - Murtizapur - Amravati - Nagpur

Shegaon to Balapur - very less distance but excellent road
Balapur to Amravati - work in progress for 4 lane road, only single side operational, moderate traffic but you can still do 60-80+ kmph
Amravati to Nagpur - 4 lane, excellent road

Started from Nagpur around 6am on 26th and reached Kanha around noon the same day.
Route taken - Nagpur - Mansar - Seoni - Kanha

Nagpur to Seoni - excellent road though work in progress at few places
Seoni onwards - single but good road with very less traffic, you can do 80+ kmph

Total distance: 1044 km, guess around 50 km of over all bad patches in the entire journey.

Travelling to Bhedaghat tomorrow, stay for a day and then return journey to Pune.

Attachments

Hi hope so you are having great experience with your harrier,I am planning to buy harrier 2020.i need some guidance from you regarding harrier.i am a young doctor I daily drive around 85 km in Delhi NCR.i almost face heavy traffic daily.for around 5 km.so I want to know whether Harrier will be suitable for me as I will be driving mostly in City traffic will the mileage be an issue ,and maintenance cost etc will it be a value for money car or shall I go for a low maintenance car low EcoSport or TATA Nexon as Harrier be a little big I Guess but love the Harrier

Thread Starter #45
Hi hope so you are having great experience with your harrier,I am planning to buy harrier 2020.i need some guidance from you regarding harrier.i am a young doctor I daily drive around 85 km in Delhi NCR.i almost face heavy traffic daily.for around 5 km.so I want to know whether Harrier will be suitable for me as I will be driving mostly in City traffic will the mileage be an issue ,and maintenance cost etc will it be a value for money car or shall I go for a low maintenance car low EcoSport or TATA Nexon as Harrier be a little big I Guess but love the Harrier
Good to hear that you are thinking about buying Harrier. I completed almost 17k km. without any issues except for minor glitches in infotainment which are ignorable. Frankly Harrier or any SUV for that matter are no fun driving in the city. They are best on highways, I never enjoy driving Harrier in city traffic. Mileage would definitely be not that good in city though it's much better for Harrier as compared to others. If your inclination is towards a huge vehicle then Harrier is definitely an option to consider, it does have road presence, but otherwise even Nexon or Ecosport are good. Cannot comment on maintenance cost of Harrier as so far I had no issues.

I would still recommend to talk to few Harrier owners in the area and then decide.

Top Bottom