Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

New addition to the family. We brought home my son's new Harrier XZ+ today. Now, we have two Tata cars at home. Nexon has the company of Harrier! But, who knows, there may be two Harriers too in future! [:D][clap]

View attachment 284390
View attachment 284391
Liked those DRL's. They look more angrier than in any harrier in dark.

Munch more happy miles with it. And Waiting for your ownership review.

Today, I drove my son's Harrier Bangalore>Shravanabelagola>Bangalore for about 280 km. I really enjoyed driving Harrier in cruise control on the highway in all 3 modes, eco, city and sport. I love Harrier. The only thing that bothers me is its minimum ground clearance [laden] of 150 mm as against my Nexon's 184 mm [laden], both as per owner's manual. Keeping my fingers crossed.
1610888702445.jpg
1610888702442.jpg
1610888702440.jpg
1610888702438.jpg
1610888702436.jpg
1610888702434.jpg
1610888702432.jpg
1610888702425.jpg

Congratulations sir for the new Harrier. Looking forward to see an in-depth review on it from your side. As such Harrier is a very capable & robust car. Wishing you many more miles on this new beast.

Congratulations Ravi Sir for new Harrier in family.
As I have recently started driving one AMT in family (primarily in city and on some highways), would like to request some more details on your experience on mountains.
How was AMT behaving in hilly roads? especially during downhill, in manual mode, Did engine braking work as expected?
Any special care you need to take? other than shifting to M or may be Sports mode?
Thanks.

Congratulations sir for the new Harrier. Wishing you many more miles on this new beast.
Thanks a lot for the wishes.
Congratulations Ravi Sir for new Harrier in family.
Thank you very much for the wishes.
How was AMT behaving in hilly roads? especially during downhill, in manual mode, Did engine braking work as expected?
I drove on the mountains in manual mode only. Yes, the engine braking was available in the manual mode. I did not feel any problem. Even if I forgot to shift to manual mode while climbing hills, my wife used to remind me to shift to manual mode! [:)]
Any special care you need to take? other than shifting to M or may be Sports mode?
The default mode for manual is sport. For sudden accelerator inputs, the ECU gets confused in the auto mode. So, I am always gentle on the accelerator inputs. Even for overtaking in sport mode, gradual acceleration does the job easily without downshifting in the auto mode. Somehow, I am accustomed to AMT now without much head-nodding or jerks.

Buddies,

Can anyone please share the safety ratings of Harrier in ncap?

Regards
Akash
As far I know harrier or safari has not been tested at ncap. I am anticipating that they might have tested Safari at ncap and may reveal the details on 22 Feb. One of the many launches done for safari. Like name reveal, car reveal, now the price reveal happening on 22nd. Probably there might be ncap rating reveal as well.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
As far I know harrier or safari has not been tested at ncap. I am anticipating that they might have tested Safari at ncap and may reveal the details on 22 Feb.
I am quite sure too of it bro. Seeing the way the Harrier holds up in crashes, if its tested at NCAP, it will be atleast a 4 star for sure. If its 5 then again a success story will be written.

One of the many launches done for safari. Like name reveal, car reveal, now the price reveal happening on 22nd. Probably there might be ncap rating reveal as well.
I am a bit confused here. If Safari starts around 15L Base version and goes till say 22L then which one will be a better option, i.e mid variant Harrier (XT Dark Edition) or a mid variant Safari?

Regards
Akash

Enjoyed driving my son's Harrier XZ+ DT Bangalore>Chennai on 16-17/02 and Chennai>Bangalore today [20/02]. Left Chennai Porur Shell at 00:35 hours and reached Bangalore Lalbagh Shell at 05:20 hours for refuelling. Reached home by 05:45 hours. Got irritated by the nagging warning chime at 80 kmph and continuous chime at 120 kmph, made mandatory by GoI. My 2018 BS4 Nexon doesn't have this irritating warning, thank god. I sorely miss cruise control in my Nexon. Got the company of drizzle upto Vellore.
1613784651816.jpg
1613784651832.jpg
1613784651826.jpg
1613784651835.jpg

I am quite sure too of it bro. Seeing the way the Harrier holds up in crashes, if its tested at NCAP, it will be atleast a 4 star for sure. If its 5 then again a success story will be written.

I am a bit confused here. If Safari starts around 15L Base version and goes till say 22L then which one will be a better option, i.e mid variant Harrier (XT Dark Edition) or a mid variant Safari?

Regards
Akash
Well i dont think Safari Dark or Camo edition will be launched as yet. they would take the OTR price in Innova territory. So while you will have Safari with sunroof, automatic variants ie XZ, XZA, XZ+ XZA+ variants with 6/7 seater options, Harrier will don the dual tone, #Dark, # Camo variants so there will be distinct differentiation between both these cars. If any one wants the Black of green colour, its Harrier and any one wants 7 seats its safari.

Again based on the what XZ or XT varaint of safari offers it would be need to be seen. IF mid variant safari also has the famous sunroof, All Disc brakes with safety tech, and the dark colour shade, grey or bliue i would pick Safari by head, but my heart is on black colour so i might be tempted to opt for Harrier. However i would want to wait a bit for the Safari refresh. Personally i dont want my safari to look like Harrier.

That car looks so smassshiing . So one blue and one red car at your home. Lovely collection. Hope your son has fantastic ownership experience with this new beast

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My dear budds, XT+ Dark Edition booked today. Since it's a limited edition so allocation and arrival could earlier i.e Around mid of April 2021. However, I will be purchasing it in May-2021 as decided. Hopefully, I made the right choice in between Safari & Harrier by choosing the latter. Now, requesting again to photoshop users to post a picture of Black Harrier with Red DRLs. I seriously want to have a look at it.

Regards
Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Heartiest congrats, Akash. Harrier looks stunning in Black. Here’s a quick attempt to make DRLs Red as requested.

Drive Safe,​
350Z
Thanks Bhai. You were a big reason for me to decide on the Harrier. After taking opinions of @bhvm @vikyjoshi @J.Ravi and others I was almost decided on Safari but at back of my mind, Black Harrier was still there. So with mom's consent and approval we went in for that.

Coming to the Red DRLs, if you remember, we had discussed on this the day I got the Tigor. It has that Vampire / Dracula effect[cheers][glasses] Getting the basic idea, I am now going to get the DRLs Red.

I feel, 3 years down the line, shall exchange Nexon for Safari. Seeing Tata's prompt attempt on updating the existing line up of models, in 3 years, Safari would also be updated with more features and visual updates.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom