Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

+1 to Vinodji @Nanofreak

Another thing I may want to add is Harrier is a SUV where as Hexa is more of a MUV, though Hexa is on firmer Ladder on Frame Chassis, so there bound to be more of body roll in cornering. Harrier being new will have a fresh new feeling with more young and fresh appeal than Hexa.

My preference was Hexa until I experienced the Harrier not the test drive ones, but dark edition my colleague got last month. I am now feeling Harrier is shade better than hexa.

Now that harrier has all the missing features waiting to see what new excuses people will come up with for not buying this one
In the other forum I always see the term niggles in every post of the harrier thread, I'm not aware of any niggles that are present in harrier other than few pictures of panel gaps taken at weird angles. Is there any real niggles like the gearbox failures or engine problems that are common in the new people's favourite. From what I understand harrier is far more reliable than seltos and still keep hearing about niggles, please let me know what are those niggles
Anyway I don't think this additional features would help harrier because people won't buy a tata full of 'niggles' @25 Lakh they will choose 'reliable' * seltos with bulletproof reliability on critical components like gearbox and engine.

Now that harrier has all the missing features waiting to see what new excuses people will come up with for not buying this one
In the other forum I always see the term niggles in every post of the harrier thread, I'm not aware of any niggles that are present in harrier other than few pictures of panel gaps taken at weird angles. Is there any real niggles like the gearbox failures or engine problems that are common in the new people's favourite. From what I understand harrier is far more reliable than seltos and still keep hearing about niggles, please let me know what are those niggles
Anyway I don't think this additional features would help harrier because people won't buy a tata full of 'niggles' @25 Lakh they will choose 'reliable' * seltos with bulletproof reliability on critical components like gearbox and engine.
Why oh why did you post this post?
I will start ranting on the mentality of the people. they don't want to spend 25Lacs on a car that has now virtually every thing, and then will complain, 25Lacs for 5 seats is atrocious. What, you want 13 seats go get a winger, or spend 25 lacs and get a 44 seater bus from TML or Ashokleyland. Simply don't understand what do these people want, fully loaded feature rich car for cost less than Brezza? its best to ignore such people since, they will be the first to hue and cry on first appearance of minor issue in the car.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, there are some people always find 'niggles' even if they were shown a perfect machine. And some always stand for what brand/model they have and go up to the extreme that model which they owning is the best in the market (though the machine have known niggles, the guys will not accept the fact).

We have to live among those guys who always find niggles in all other cars than what they like. Intelligent will see the technical specifications/features and expert reviews and should never go after such reports of niggles and so on..

I own a Tata Car and I know how strong it is, so no doubt about any Tata Cars durability. And as far as feature list is concerned, the Harrierr comes with handsome features. So, those who want a big car with tons of features look Harrier and then compare with others.

I haven't driven Hexa, but comparing ride quality of the 2.
1. Hexa rides on a ladder-on-frame chassis, whereas Harrier is a monoqork shell.
2. Hexa is a 7 seater, Harrier a 5 seater, does your friend need those 2 extra seats regularly?
3. Hexa AT is the old generation, whereas Harrier AT is the next gen 8 speed from Hyundai.
TD both when available I'm sure, Harrier AT will be the winner here.
Hope this helps.
Sir Harrier automatic is 6 speed from Tucson. I wonder where you got the info on 8 speed! Until I drive the Harrier AT, Hexa AT is the best AT I've even driven under 36L

I haven't driven Hexa, but comparing ride quality of the 2.
1. Hexa rides on a ladder-on-frame chassis, whereas Harrier is a monoqork shell.
True. Hexa is running on old platform but even though its old Hexa rides like a charm. Have seen many reviews where people praised Hexa over Ride quality and even I took test ride and totally blown away with ride quality.
2. Hexa is a 7 seater, Harrier a 5 seater, does your friend need those 2 extra seats regularly?
As I mentioned my friend loves Harrier and Hexa is not even on the list. It was query from my side. He is happy with Harrier Only!
3. Hexa AT is the old generation, whereas Harrier AT is the next gen 8 speed from Hyundai.
I heard its 6 Speed Tuscon’s Gearbox so its not 8 speed. Of course it will be better than Hexa’s Gearbox.

TD both when available I'm sure, Harrier AT will be the winner here.
Hope this helps.
Lets see, I might go and take another ride with him in coming two days in Manual Harrier so will post my comparision on Hexa and Harrier in ride quality.

Why do you think it's a better gearbox?
Is it because it's a hyundai
Hexa gearbox is the best below 30 Lakhs, sad that gearbox can't be fitted to harrier.

I guess prices are too much. OTR for XZA+ DT is in range of ₹ 24-25 lacs. My friend might cancel it and stick to seltos even though he wants Harrier so badly. Cannot Justify this much cost for a 5 seater vehicle.

View attachment 269170
I guess prices are too much. OTR for XZA+ DT is in range of ₹ 24-25 lacs. My friend might cancel it and stick to seltos even though he wants Harrier so badly. Cannot Justify this much cost for a 5 seater vehicle.
Seltos and Harrier are cars of 2 different segments, cannot compare, them,
- Space wise
- Power wise
- Foot print wise
- Road presence wise

By the way, there are 5 seaters which cost more than crore and two seater cars as well costing crore. so That analogy is a bit skewed.
However, its his money and he is free to take car of his choice.

On another fact, my colleague was interested in between Harrier, Seltos and Hector. Seltos though as lost of features to offer, Harrier is no less loaded. There. are lot of intangible pluses associated with Harrier. One being bad ass head turner. If the owner doesn't get second look from strangers and enquiries then I will eat my hat (just figuratively speaking, I don't mean to eat it ;) )
Coming back to the point, Let your friend test drive both the cars and then decide, just based on paper numbers let him not make a decision.

View attachment 269170

Seltos and Harrier are cars of 2 different segments, cannot compare, them,
- Space wise
- Power wise
- Foot print wise
- Road presence wise

By the way, there are 5 seaters which cost more than crore and two seater cars as well costing crore. so That analogy is a bit skewed.
However, its his money and he is free to take car of his choice.

On another fact, my colleague was interested in between Harrier, Seltos and Hector. Seltos though as lost of features to offer, Harrier is no less loaded. There. are lot of intangible pluses associated with Harrier. One being bad ass head turner. If the owner doesn't get second look from strangers and enquiries then I will eat my hat (just figuratively speaking, I don't mean to eat it ;) )
Coming back to the point, Let your friend test drive both the cars and then decide, just based on paper numbers let him not make a decision.
Yes both are different vehicle’s. Seltos is like Hatchback even though company try to put it as SUV where Harrier is a SUV. Engine is another department where Harrier shines and Seltos remain on second place.
He drove both and loved Harrier but again we are human and we don’t do comparision on the basis of class instead we do it on the basis of our needs. He doesn’t need a 7-8 seater vehicle so Crysta was out of list first place.
He love Harrier from day one but again AT was not a part of Harrier from day one. Now its available but pricing goes to OTR ₹ 24 lacs. I know he can opt for HZA model which will save few bucks but he wants top of the line model with unnecessary features like Panoramic Sunroof etc.
Lets see if he cancels the booking or buys Harrier. My fingers are crossed for Harrier though I like Seltos also.
Frankly I cannot think of cost of G R A V I T A S XZA variant [lol]. ₹ 30-33 lacs? At least!
P.S.- TML sales guy asked him to not to cancel Seltos Booking. I guess even they knew prices will be high and also they don’t have single rupee information about when delivery will start. My friend wants vehicle to be delivered on first week of March.

Seltos and creta vs harrier is like swift vs baleno, harrier comes in tuson, tiguan segment, tata should advertise this, show how much better harrier is compared to it's true rivals, but the problem is people who can afford 25 Lakh cars are not much, even if they are able to afford it they might want to buy a German or if they can't stretch, innova. that's why even hyundai fails to sell above 20 Lakh priced cars.
But harrier is extremely vfm for what it offers, a platform derived from a 60 Lakh car, Fiat engine, hyundai gearbox, stunning design and presence, panoramic sunroof. Hope some brave people who can afford it buy it. People buying Ferrari must feel cheated because seltos has five seats. Seltos has gearbox problems, and heated rear ac Hehe,

Last edited:
TaMo can't be asking for silly money for Gravitas, which will have just 1 seat extra, considering the middle row with captain seats.
Prices will start around 14L for XE and around 21L for XZA+.
Beyond this TATA will be looking down the barrel.

Top Bottom