Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Hi DJD, see if you can put front sensors, that will help you drive car better. Have a four sensor set up where you put 2 close to the sides and 2 in front. that way you will be able to judge while taking tight turns.

Hi DJD, see if you can put front sensors, that will help you drive car better. Have a four sensor set up where you put 2 close to the sides and 2 in front. that way you will be able to judge while taking tight turns.
Actually i asked for the front parking sensors to the dealer. But the dealer informed that TML is bringing one improved version of the front parking sensor and they asked me to wait for that. However i am not sure whether it is true or not

Actually i asked for the front parking sensors to the dealer. But the dealer informed that TML is bringing one improved version of the front parking sensor and they asked me to wait for that. However i am not sure whether it is true or not
well if the sensors would have following :
1. if the delay is sensing is minimal, then it would be great, since for reverse sensors since we are reversing at really slow speeds, the lag in sensing could be ok, but for front it has been as good as instant with no lag at all. That would be great to have.
2. If there will be a switch provided to turn on turn off sensors that would be welcome addition else in bumper to bumper traffic you would get not stop beeping sound. \
3. if they can integrate with Harrier ICE then it would be cherry on the cake.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Front parking sensor/camera - recently I have fitted Blaupunkt touchscreen on my Tigor (removed the OEM Harmon system). Initially, I have finalised the touchscreen only and asked them to use the reverse camera which already fitted on the car (connected to the Dashcam/IRVM). Whilst installing, the technician called me to say that that camera PIN is not suitable or connectable to the touchscreen (for touchscreen they need 2 separate PIN to connect whereas in the Dashcam only one PIN is provided for power and vision).

As such I have to buy another camera for touchscreen and in the meantime. I have asked them whether the old cam can be fixed as a front parking camera for which they said not possible. Next day, I went there (dealer's place) personally and talked to a couple of guys in the accessory department and the technician and from their answers, I felt that they were not sure how to fix it or where to connect it etc. (they have not fixed any front camera/sensors to any car so far).

Anyway, the old camera is still with me and hope in the future (after you managed to fix a front sensor on your car or Tata comes with front sensors/camera with any of their new launches), I will also try to fix it on my car (to use as a front camera).!

Hi friends,

I am strictly following the run in as per the owners manual. However the following para from the manual is confusing me:

1574246465095.png

What does "while cruising full-throttle acceleration" mean?
can anyone please clarify.

thanks in advance.

Hi friends,

I am strictly following the run in as per the owners manual. However the following para from the manual is confusing me:

View attachment 266388
What does "while cruising full-throttle acceleration" mean?
can anyone please clarify.

thanks in advance.
What I feel is giving full throttle on higher gears where in the speeds is within permissible limits, which means that full throttle will not last for more than few minutes is acceptable but going full throttle on low gears like 1st 2nd or 3rd gear will be detrimental

You are advised to open the throttle in top 2 gears basically. If you are in a highway and in top gear, then hold the throttle open as long as possible to stay well within the speed limits.

I think this routine is bull crap. Why is it applicable only for manual cars and not automatics?
Also worth noting, after the run-in period earlier they changed the engine oil. BUT now they dont. Oil change is done only at 20000 kms. If run-in is done to get the clearances right, then there should be an oil change post run-in as there will be metal dust in the oil filter which will reduce the efficiency of it.

I think, its an age old procedure which isnt necessary now, but no harm in continuing it as you'll get to know the character of the engine.

Last edited:
A question to harrier owners.
Does anyone notice change in steering response with sport mode? i seems there is some change. When i do 100 kmph in city mode the steering feels light. But if I do the same speed in sport mode the steering weighs up nicely. Mine is Oct'19 make.

A question to harrier owners.
Does anyone notice change in steering response with sport mode? i seems there is some change. When i do 100 kmph in city mode the steering feels light. But if I do the same speed in sport mode the steering weighs up nicely. Mine is Oct'19 make.
Yes, I felt that always its well connected steering depends on modes mine is Feb 2019 manufactured.

Update on my harrier XT:
2500km in the ODO and 1st service done

Thinks i like about my Harrier:
1. Practical spacious and comfortable cabin.
2. Did a 700 km run in single day, Trichy-Chennai-Trichy. Absolutely comfortable ride. No tiredness at all.
3. Even though XT does not have sub-woofer, the audio quality is fantastic.
4. Sport mode: In sport mode character of the whole vehicle changes. It becomes quick and agile.
5. Superb brakes.
6. Nice handling. I am really surprised that vehicle of this size can handle so well. I am not at all missing the handling of my previous ecosport.
7. Fuel efficiency: 16kmpl in city and 19-20 kmpl on highway (vehicle speed was 90-110 kmph) in “city” mode. What more i can ask from a 2ltr engine. In “sport” mode while doing 120 kph I got 17 kmpl. All these figures are from MID.
8. Look of the vehicle and road presence. During my ecosport days i used to admire the look and presence of jeep compass. Now when i look at compass while driving my harrier on road, the compass looks small.

Things i don't like/Things that can be improved:
1. Engine noise at lower gear.
2. Low speed (30 – 40 kmph) ride.
3. A pillar blind spot. Design of the ORVM needs to be changed ASAP.
4. Initial niggles: Audio touch screen issue, driver side door speaker vibration. Both are rectified.
5. Gear box can be further refined.

Update on my harrier XT:
2500km in the ODO and 1st service done

Thinks i like about my Harrier:
1. Practical spacious and comfortable cabin.
2. Did a 700 km run in single day, Trichy-Chennai-Trichy. Absolutely comfortable ride. No tiredness at all.
3. Even though XT does not have sub-woofer, the audio quality is fantastic.
4. Sport mode: In sport mode character of the whole vehicle changes. It becomes quick and agile.
5. Superb brakes.
6. Nice handling. I am really surprised that vehicle of this size can handle so well. I am not at all missing the handling of my previous ecosport.
7. Fuel efficiency: 16kmpl in city and 19-20 kmpl on highway (vehicle speed was 90-110 kmph) in “city” mode. What more i can ask from a 2ltr engine. In “sport” mode while doing 120 kph I got 17 kmpl. All these figures are from MID.
8. Look of the vehicle and road presence. During my ecosport days i used to admire the look and presence of jeep compass. Now when i look at compass while driving my harrier on road, the compass looks small.

Things i don't like/Things that can be improved:
1. Engine noise at lower gear.
2. Low speed (30 – 40 kmph) ride.
3. A pillar blind spot. Design of the ORVM needs to be changed ASAP.
4. Initial niggles: Audio touch screen issue, driver side door speaker vibration. Both are rectified.
5. Gear box can be further refined.
Now The Mileage that you are getting is very good. even if MID has a error of 2 kmpl even then mileage of 14 in City and 18 on highway is marvelous for big car as this.
Engine noise, is that very intrusive?
with regards to blind spot, probably when new harrier launches, probably with new mirror set up you can exchange for the new mirrors. Until then will need to live with it. Nothing much can be done here.

Top Bottom