Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier BS6 to get 5 BIG updates

Tata Harrier, the all-new mid-size SUV that was launched in the Indian market last year is all set to receive a number of updates. Tata has officially started releasing teaser videos highlights the features of the upcoming Tata Harrier. The BS6 compliant Tata Harrier will be revealed at the 2020 Auto Expo. Here are all the features that will be offered with the all-new Tata Harrier.

To start with, the new upcoming Tata Harrier will get an updated engine. It will continue to be powered by the same 2.0-litre that powers the current version of the Harrier. However, it will become cleaner to meet BS6 emission compliance. Also, the 2.0-litre Multijet engine powering the Harrier will now deliver 170 PS instead of 140 PS. The maximum torque of 350 Nm will continue to remain the same.

The second biggest update that will be available with the new Harrier is the automatic transmission.

There are other important feature updates too. The new upcoming Tata Harrier will get a panoramic sunroof. It will be the second car in the segment to offer a panoramic sunroof after the MG Hector. Currently, the Harrier offers a dealership-level installation of the sunroof.

Read:

3 main areas where Harrier lacked have been filled,
Power - 170HP
Sunroof - they have now provided panoramic sunroof. Which is great addition
Automatic Transmission - Hyundai sourced AT
Electronic seat adjustment which was also a demand from few sections of people.
And Smashing red color.

I guess it has every thing in its armory to take renewed charge at competition.

I think now the sales of harrier should shoot up.

Can anybody tell what for the marked cover is given. Same is available in my XT also. Even same cover is available in A pillar also.
View attachment 268956
Well that seems to me like a dummy but similar such protrusion in top end aria, had indication of the airbags. Now with so much of information on ice and instruments cluster, probably that is not being used. They may use it for may be internal camera for highly connected car feature which may probably come in year or two in future. Wild wild guess.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Motors confirms Harrier power upgrade to 170 horses – Video

tata-harrier-bs6-launch-price.jpg

Tata had displayed the H5X concept at the 2018 Auto Expo, which later evolved into the Tata Harrier. Launched in Jan 2019, Harrier is by far one of the best designed SUVs in India. Now, approximately a year later, Tata is scheduled to bring in an updated Tata Harrier at the 2020 Auto Expo.

The refreshed version of the mid-sized SUV will be packing in new features and an updated BS6 compliant diesel mill. In a latest teaser, 3 days ahead of the Auto Expo, Tata has confirmed that the 2020 Harrier will be having a diesel motor which will be dishing out 170 hp, up from the current 140 PS (~140hp) which is on offer.

Overall updates on the Harrier will include changes both on the outside and inside. For example, Tata will bring in new dual-tone red and black paint scheme with larger 18-inch alloys. Mechanically too there will be multiple upgrades available on the 2020 Harrier. Since its launch, customers had complained of lack of an Automatic Transmission option on this full-sized SUV. This feedback has been taken up by Tata Motors and the 2020 model will be getting an AT option.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Motors Opens Bookings For The BS6 Harrier Diesel Automatic

Tata Motors has announced the commencement of bookings for its Harrier BS6 range. The booking amount for the car is ₹ 30,000 and all dealers are currently taking bookings for it. The company has also introduced an automatic transmission on the Harrier. The all-new Harrier range will now offer more power than before. There will be 168 bhp on offer on the next generation Kryotec170 Diesel engine. Tata is also offering a panoramic Sunroof on the SUV.

Harrier will now also be available with a new top- of the- line XZ+/ XZA+ trim, which consists of a host of exciting features like Panoramic Sunroof, 6- way Powered Driver Seat with adjustable lumbar support, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirrors and Two-Tone Diamond-Cut R17 alloys making it an irresistible package for the Harrier customers.

Read:

+++

Video:

Last edited:
My Friend has booked Harrier HZA+ Red black in Dombivali Thane, Mumbai. Showroom guy told him that it is first booking for that Harrier 2.0. I will call it 2.0 as its not Facelift but feature lift for Harrier. Hope pricing will be good as he is having budget of ₹ 22 lacs max.

I have one question for you guys. Which one has better ride quality? Hexa HTA or Harrier HZ (as Automatic not yet driven by anyone on this forum). I think its Hexa wins here but need your opinions.

My Friend has booked Harrier HZA+ Red black in Dombivali Thane, Mumbai. Showroom guy told him that it is first booking for that Harrier 2.0. I will call it 2.0 as its not Facelift but feature lift for Harrier. Hope pricing will be good as he is having budget of ₹ 22 lacs max.

I have one question for you guys. Which one has better ride quality? Hexa HTA or Harrier HZ (as Automatic not yet driven by anyone on this forum). I think its Hexa wins here but need your opinions.
I haven't driven Hexa, but comparing ride quality of the 2.
1. Hexa rides on a ladder-on-frame chassis, whereas Harrier is a monoqork shell.
2. Hexa is a 7 seater, Harrier a 5 seater, does your friend need those 2 extra seats regularly?
3. Hexa AT is the old generation, whereas Harrier AT is the next gen 8 speed from Hyundai.
TD both when available I'm sure, Harrier AT will be the winner here.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom