Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier Beats Mahindra XUV500, Jeep compass In May 2019 Sales

Tata Harrier has beat Jeep Compass and Mahindra XUV500 once again as 1,779 units were sold in May 2019 against 1,195 and 977 units respectively of the other two. Despite getting hammered by Mahindra in overall sales, Tata managed to get the better of Compass and XUV500 with the Harrier last month with a comprehensive lead.

download (3).png

Read:

TD'ed the Harrier, 6/8km, my impressions:-
1. Driver's cockpit felt cramped.
2. Couldn't find the correct driving dynamics viz-a-viz clutch padel and the seat adjuster (spoilt I suppose by the superb cabin layout of the Nexon)
3. Stalled the car 3 times (Nexon to blame, quite used to the AMT)
4. Looks a beast on road.
5. HU is responsive, huge boot.
6. Horn is a mew, can shout louder.
7. Haven't driven it's peer's Compass or XUV, so can't compare.

Have heard lot about the knees touching the side fairing which should have been worked better by Tata.
2. Couldn't find the correct driving dynamics viz-a-viz clutch padel and the seat adjuster (spoilt I suppose by the superb cabin layout of the Nexon)
3. Stalled the car 3 times (Nexon to blame, quite used to the AMT)
How was your overall experience with the 2.0 engine? Response, pickup, linear delivery?
4. Looks a beast on road.
Oh thats something tata have worked brilliantly on harrier and this looks fabulous.
5. HU is responsive, huge boot.
7. Haven't driven it's peer's Compass or XUV, so can't compare.
Share your overall experience and how much miles was your Td car with? Hows the cockpit handbrake usage?
Few questions asked on bold above.

Horn is feeble inside the Car.
Outside it is loud enough to attract the attention of even a Corporation Dumper or a Tipper trying to cross the road at a distance.

Feeling cramped at cockpit first time is a notion because of our familiarity and feel at home with the current ride.
When I did a test drive of Nexon last year, felt same because I was used to Manza too much and felt at home in that.
(Knees touching the side fairing is not an issue once you are familiar with the Car and make right adjustment of seating position/height and steering (either tilt and/or telescopic movement)

After 4900 Km, I feel quiet comfortable with the driving seat and cabin.
During a long trip of 2200 km (round trip) it was very much comfortable and drive was smooth. In one stretch of 400 km, we did not stop even once.

Hello Sir, I hope you adjusted the steering for reach as well as height. The steering and the driver seat has a pretty long range of adjustment. It does take some time but I feel you will get the correct driving position the next time you check it out. My brother who is 6"1 was having trouble finding the right driving position but he eventually did. He has pretty long legs compared to relatively short arms.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier dual tone colour options officially launched

tata-harrier-range-rover-evoque.jpg

With Tata Motors offering dual tone colour options with their popular cars like Tiago, Nexon and Hexa; it was surprising that Harrier was only offered in monotone colour options. But not anymore.

After about six months of launch, Tata Motors has finally added dual tone colour options to Harrier line-up. The dual tone Harrier is on offer with Orcus White and Calisto Copper colour options. Apart from the addition of dual tone colour option, there are no other changes.

tata-harrier-orange-black-dual-tone-price-rs-20k-1.jpg

Read:

Tata Harrier dual tone colour options officially launched

View attachment 260852

With Tata Motors offering dual tone colour options with their popular cars like Tiago, Nexon and Hexa; it was surprising that Harrier was only offered in monotone colour options. But not anymore.

After about six months of launch, Tata Motors has finally added dual tone colour options to Harrier line-up. The dual tone Harrier is on offer with Orcus White and Calisto Copper colour options. Apart from the addition of dual tone colour option, there are no other changes.

View attachment 260853

Read:
Why not they add a black alloy wheel as standard. The same report quotes Hector will undercut the Harrier by 2 lakhs in prcing. [confused]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier will be as powerful as Compass soon: Here is how!

Tata-Harrier-21.jpg

Tata launched the Harrier with only a single engine and transmission combination. But soon, we may get to see a new combination and the Harrier becoming as powerful as the Jeep Compass. Currently, the Tata Harrier gets a 140 PS engine while the Jeep Compass diesel gets a maximum power of 170 PS. It is quite interesting as both the cars are powered by the exact same engine. Tata’s 2.0-litre KRYOTEC diesel engine that powers the all-new Harrier is sourced from Fiat. In fact, it is the same Multijet diesel engine that powers the Jeep Compass diesel in the Indian market.

But the big news here is the Tata Harrier’s power increase. With the new BS6 engine, Tata will also offer the full potential of 170 PS with the 2.0-litre diesel engine on the Harrier just like the Jeep Compass. The same engine powers the MG Hector, which also gets the same 170 PS – 350 Nm output like the Jeep Compass. This will put the Tata Harrier at par with the Jeep Compass and MG Hector while it will become more powerful than the Mahindra XUV500.

Read:

So with 170bhp engine price may again increase upto 1lakhs.
I see the future of harrier bit dull because of mg hector[cry].
Tata should respond quickly and add some features and increase warranty periods.
I don't think that by just having extensive fancy features, Harrier can be beaten by this Chinese newcomer. Harrier has its own strengths such as better ride and handling, way better comfort and interior quality and has good enough capabilities off road with those modes and chassis. These are not available with the Hector on any variants.
Yes, the Harrier desperately needs more equipment such as sunroof, auto transmission and all discs with all independent suspension with 18 inch wheels. I strongly believe the XZ+ variant, (if there's such a variant in pipeline) will have what it takes to pip the All fancy Hector in every way.

IMG_20190629_215858.jpg
IMG_20190629_215914.jpg

Now what?
Any tweak to styling in bumper and headlamps and adding it as new top variant! Kind of ST line(ford) or R line(vw) !!
Atleast this time they are responding to a new entrant in market quicky. But let'sts wait and see what's in their store.

Personally i would like to see redesigned/updated tata logo. Compared to MG's logo tata's emblem lacks that premium look . Change of emblem will surely boost image of the brand . With mg ,kia establishing in india tata should surely consider redesigning the emblem, so that average buyer's perception towards tata brand may change. Im not telling tata's perception didnt changed. It changed but changing drastically slow.. a much premium emblem can boost brand image quite fastly. Also they should execute their said plan for premium .showrooms.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier hits the taxi circuit

image (3).png

Well, cab operators in India have already begun opting for the recently launched Tata Harrier SUV. The first such Tata Harrier cab was spied in Rajasthan. The SUV in question is a XM variant, which is one trim above the base XE model. The Tata Harrier with yellow plates was spotted in Rajasthan, and a quick registration details check reveals that it belongs to Orix, which is a big cab company that offers both chauffeur driven and self driven cars, ranging from the humble Toyota Etios to high-end offerings such as the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes Benz E-Class. The Harrier is also likely to be inducted into self-drive car fleets such as ZoomCar and Drivezy in the coming months as it’s not uncommon for cars priced between Rs. 15-20 lakhs to be offered by these compoanies. In fact, the Mahindra XUV500, which is priced similar to the Harrier, is already being offered by ZoomCar.

Read:

Top Bottom