Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

What is TML logistics department doing , 20 days gone from official launch and many dealerships are still dry , they neither have a demo vehicle ,nor any concrete information about the deliveries,what a goof up after creating so wide spread buzz around the vehicle ,excellent work by marketing team they are just fading it away ,while two contenders namely MG HECTOR and KIA SP are slowly creating the talk , unwanted delay might let the prospective buyers cancel or delay their purchase for other launches , please wake up TATA before its too late
Tata motor is plagued with lazy morons that must be flocked to get work done. Go to TATA showroom, nobody is bothered whether car getting sold or not. I had to change showroom just because SA was not doing his job properly.

Why TATA had to open so many Concord Motors (TATA motors subsidiary) outlets? Because nobody want to invest with TATA.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata motor is plagued with lazy morons that must be flocked to get work done. Go to TATA showroom, nobody is bothered whether car getting sold or not. I had to change showroom just because SA was not doing his job properly.

Why TATA had to open so many Concord Motors (TATA motors subsidiary) outlets? Because nobody want to invest with TATA
I think only few dealers/SA are behaving badly or not attending customers needs, etc. but heard that many dealers have really changed recently.

My SA was very cooperative, even he was willing to bring the Test car to my home. Then, few times he came to my home to collect/deliver documents. He came along with me to the RTO (Registration formalities). I never had this good experience from any other car dealers in the past. (Importantly, this same Dealer is controlling 2 districts having 5 showrooms for Tata Cars i.e. monopoly, but still their employee attitude and supportive nature are very good and appreciable).

Got update from dealer (Roshan Motors, Jaipur). They are pushing accessories worth 50K with each car, making them mandatory (along with 8.5K illegal handling charges). They are ready to cancel booking if I do not opt for accessories. I sent a mail to customer care, as well as tweeted them. Waiting for the response now. I do not want to cancel the booking. Out of the below accessories I was ready to take 2-3 items but this was not expected. Earlier communications did not had any such indications.
High amount of bookings are not helping customers.
Below are the accessories (some of them are totally worthless for me, like car cover or inflator):
1549971887164.png

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would say MOST of these are totally useless.
Mobile charger worth 3.7k? What the heck!

It is sad that Even Roof rails are not the part of standard vehicle. I wonder if these 'Accessory' Roof rails are actually Strong and functional like say My Safari Roof rails.

Got update from dealer (Roshan Motors, Jaipur). They are pushing accessories worth 50K with each car, making them mandatory (along with 8.5K illegal handling charges). They are ready to cancel booking if I do not opt for accessories. I sent a mail to customer care, as well as tweeted them. Waiting for the response now. I do not want to cancel the booking. Out of the below accessories I was ready to take 2-3 items but this was not expected. Earlier communications did not had any such indications.
High amount of bookings are not helping customers.
Below are the accessories (some of them are totally worthless for me, like car cover or inflator):
This is a usual tactics of the dealers across the automotive companies. Show patience and ask them to give in writing that this is mandatory. I am sure they will chicken out.
And, if they give it in writing attach that and email it directly to TML. Telling from my experience, their team is pretty responsive they wouldn't want to keep customers unhappy.
Good luck with your purchase.

-PK

Update on forced accessories - post twitter/mail, got call from dealer. He was pretty upset about it, and is ready for no forced accessories. Now white colour is not available (which was earlier), and he will "let me know" when the gray colour is allocated to me. Looks like my car will be delayed by few "extra" days:stupid:.

Update on forced accessories - post twitter/mail, got call from dealer. He was pretty upset about it, and is ready for no forced accessories. Now white colour is not available (which was earlier), and he will "let me know" when the gray colour is allocated to me. Looks like my car will be delayed by few "extra" days:stupid:.
These dealers (some of them) try to take advantage of the customers enthusiasm for having it first. When my brother booked a Nexon before official launch, the sales guy called him post launch and asked him to pay the amount in advance to get the car allotted. We asked him to provide the VIN before we could make any payment, but the sales guy refused. So, we mailed TATA with our booking details and also sent them a copy of our booking amount receipt. Soon we got calls from TATA and the dealer (management) apologizing for unprofessional behavior by the sales guy. TATA also gave us the potential delivery date. A week before the delivery date, the sales guy gave us the VIN and then booking was completed. And payment done at the time of delivery, not advance.

In your case, the dealer has a kitted out white car with those accessories mounted. So, hez trying to get a potential enthusiastic customer to buy it off him. Harriers deliveries are in waiting for about 3 months. So, send your booking details to the TATA and ask them for a possible date of delivery.

And the worst is that they charge for Air Freshner and Number Plate on a 13L car - feel like laughing. When I bought my Tigor, I got these two things free, then why on the Harrier ?[surprise]
Honda is baap of all cost cutting. I received my friend's Honda City car recently as hes not much confident with driving. To my suprise, the DTE showed only 18km! which means if nearest Petrol pumps were closed hypothetically then we needed to tow our brand new car! On top of that the air freshner was just a paper which would last for only couple of days if used genuinely. And worst of all, on a 12.25L car (after discounts and my fruitful negotiations), free servicing is only for 6month! Even my Tiago or even Alto has 1yr free servicing!! [frustration]

Accessories sale is a big Game plan which is well executed by the showroom as they get great margin (approx 30-40%) on the accessories. Hence with every car that gets out from the showroom, they want to ensure they get the maximum buck out of the customer. Quite unethical by making accessories mandatory.

Accessories sale is a big Game plan which is well executed by the showroom as they get great margin (approx 30-40%) on the accessories. Hence with every car that gets out from the showroom, they want to ensure they get the maximum buck out of the customer. Quite unethical by making accessories mandatory.
Another big scam is underbody coat, teflon treatment, engine coating etc etc. My advice is do not take any of this. It is of no use and only mental satisfaction. For accessories also try to bargain only for the free accessories. Allow some cooling period and then decide which accessory is important.

Handling charges are illegal. Firmly say no to them. I got it back after I read on FB that it is illegal.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Top 10 Standard Features In Tata Harrier Explained In Detail

Tata-Harrier-officially-revealed-12-696x464.jpg

1. Dual Function DRLs with Turn Indicators

2. Projector Headlamps

3. Tilt and Telescopic Steering

4. Dual Airbags

5. ABS with EBD

6. Rear Parking Sensors

7. Perimetric Alarm System

8. Central Locking And Power Windows

9. Kryotec 2.0 L Turbocharged Diesel Engine

10. Efficiency

Details:

Hi Friends... Has anybody aware of the Turning Radius of Harrier? I was trying to search online, but couldn't. Your inputs are really helpful as one of my friend is seriously considering this.

Thanks..

Finally got to see the beauty in the flesh , first thing that comes in my mind is huge , surely has the road presence ,overall a very nice package
Its major pit fall according to me is the size , as its huge it can,t be considered as only vehicle in the family ,you just can,t imagine to take it take it anywhere in the city esp in small cities where the size of lanes are just narrow , it will be a great vehicle to be taken out on highways and may be on the streets of a metro,
In my city the XZ is costing 19.90 L and XT is 18.6 L on road ,somehow i.m not convinced ( can,t debate ) with its pricing, more with XT ,still not able to see interior of XT XM XE in flesh so can,t comment

Top Bottom