Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

I think they will have to price XE which is barebones without any ICE but does have 2 Airbags, ABS, around 10L on road. That being said, it will give immense opportunity for people for get aftermarket ICE will all Jazz.
Few things I felt should have been a standard offering were , rear defogger, remote central lock, Child sear anchor points.
If you make the car bare bones, then the premiumness of the car is gone. So removing the ICE will be disastrous will make the car look too cheap. Also tax at 28% GST will not permit TATA to price it below 12 Lakhs. Also it will be devoid of Central locking, rear defogger etc as they all will build up the drop of ocean.

bhvm

Honoured Member
This is overall a Great competition to creta and decent option who wants something different than xuv. Good going Tata! Good luck!

the pricing is out - starting with base.
XE - 12.69L
XM - 13.75L
XT - 14.95L
XZ - 16.25L.

Pricing on expected lines as I have guessed, time to see how the market reacts. I expect a very positive response as you don't get terrain response,hill hold- hill resent and other top class features in the Creta which is priced higher than Harrier.

I just happened to read in one of the tweet, Harrier has 3 months waiting period. Also read in TBHP that they are manufacturing 50 harriers a day which translates to 1500 Harrier a month. This implies they have around 5000 odd booking for the Harrier. Now I would not say this is low or great number, I can say its decent number for a Tata car costing close to 20L for a 5 seater. People are ready to plonk in big 20 on a Tata now. Just hope that it continues to sustain the numbers.

I just happened to read in one of the tweet, Harrier has 3 months waiting period. Also read in TBHP that they are manufacturing 50 harriers a day which translates to 1500 Harrier a month. This implies they have around 5000 odd booking for the Harrier. Now I would not say this is low or great number, I can say its decent number for a Tata car costing close to 20L for a 5 seater. People are ready to plonk in big 20 on a Tata now. Just hope that it continues to sustain the numbers.
that is what i said in my previous post that they have around 3800 bookings ,now the cancellation data will be out later ( likely cause ) 1. no automatic 2. some might consider it costly 3. XZ is priced right while others seem to be on higher side ( XT is just 1.3 L cheaper ) considering the features
regards

Compared XT and XZ and the things you get for 1.3 L are striking
1. Bi xenon HID projectors
2 . Cornering function on fog lamps
3. Naapa leather seats
4. Artificial wooden dash
5. Better and bigger AVN plus MID
6. Better music system
7. 4 more airbags
8. Rear sear arm rest with 60;40 split
9. Terrain modes
10. Hill start assist
11. ESP with TC
12. Brake assist
13. Corner stability
14. Brake disc wipe
So either the XT is grossly overpriced or XZ is simply value for money . For the given features the price difference should be in range of 2-2.5 L not merely 1.3 L

3. Naapa leather seats
6. Better music system
7. 4 more airbags
9. Terrain modes
10. Hill start assist
11. ESP with TC
12. Brake assist
13. Corner stability
14. Brake disc wipe
So either the XT is grossly overpriced or XZ is simply value for money . For the given features the price difference should be in range of 2-2.5 L not merely 1.3 L
So basically Tata are making XZ as value for money, and will compel people to go for the Top Variants only. as you see with all Tata cars majority of the variants sold are the top variants.

3. Naapa leather seats
6. Better music system
7. 4 more airbags
9. Terrain modes
10. Hill start assist
11. ESP with TC
12. Brake assist
13. Corner stability
14. Brake disc wipe
This is a common practice to push base model and top end sales. Even you look a Creta, the highest selling are Base E+ and Top end Automatic and Manual. Rest all models, you need to order specifically. They are not available directly until it is cancelled after an order.

From the responses across various forums, getting a feeling that pricing is Good but not great. May be 75% believe pricing is spot on and the rest is still not ok with it. That is partly due to confused placement of product - large 5 seater against compact Creta, 5 seater v 7 seater XUV with more features. Hope Harrier will sell with its own set of virtues and give TML the much needed lifeline.

So we get some unofficial number, numbers from sources, Autocar says, car has received 16000 booking as of Dec 2018. Now this is pretty decent (if not great number) And if number of bookings lost due to no AT available are minimal then I would be delighted to see this car doing close to 5k units a month.
however, tatas are maintaining super silence when enquired about the booking orders, Mayank Pareek very deftly avoided these questions when being asked. Same with other Tata officials who are pretty active on the social media.
Source:
Tata Harrier waiting period up to three months

I feel the pricing is spot on.It is slightly higher than Creta Diesel, but much better equipped. The base version may face competition from the Creta as the base Creta has many more features as compared to the Harrier. The Creta base version however, comes with the 1.4 engine, and also is the top seller for Creta.
The top end of the Harrier has undercut the base version of the Jeep. While its quite close to the XUV in terms of pricing, I am sure Harrier will compel the buyers to consider it , and many would be impressed with the ride quality of the Harrier
Jeep has been marketed as a premium product and a premium brand and the different tune, would keep Jeep sales unaffected in my opinion.
One car which may have a major impact would be the Hexa, as buyers for Hexa who do not need the third row, may find the Harrier a better package.

Last edited:
Have been following the launch of Harrier for quiet a while now, I personally feel its a bit over priced, especially the mid variant... when someone wants to spend close to 18 lakhs OTR, what will stop them from going for a Jeep of the 7 seater XUV or the Sub roofed/ Automatic Creta ???
What this will do is, kill the Hexa brand once and for all...
As many of them said, it will compel users to consider it, but you walk into a TATA showroom and then a Jeep or a world of SUV showroom, the decision making process which be impacted and that i am afraid might not work well for TATA.. after all it's a TATA no matter how premium it may feel

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier waiting period soars to 3 months

harrier-side-Copy-1.jpg

Tata Harrier has been finally launched in the Indian market priced between Rs. 12.69 lakh and Rs. 16.25 lakhs, ex-showroom, Mumbai. Tata started taking bookings for the all-new Harrier from October 2018 and the number of bookings has already crossed 16,000 units. The deliveries of the SUV begin today but if you’re planning to book the vehicle today, you will have to wait for a long time to get your hands on the Harrier.

Read:

I will, but for the single white colour ofcourse a roof wrap in copper or orange [;)]

What comes as OE
Tata Harrier XE
  • Dual airbags
  • ABS with EBD
  • Parking sensors
  • Speed sensitive door locks
  • Seatbelt reminder
  • Central locking
  • Projector headlamps
  • LED DRLs
  • LED tail-lamps
  • 16-inch steel wheels
  • Power adjustable wing mirrors
  • 4-inch MID
  • Manual AC
  • Four-way adjustable driver’s seat
  • Puddle lamps
  • Tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel
  • Rear AC vents
  • Power windows
  • (Just get a decent floating touchscreen HU with speakers)
  • (For an OTR price of 13/14k, i would give an arm and leg)
I think I got the OTR price for the XE @14L approx, not a bad guess.

Top Bottom