Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

I think it is incorrect to assume and unnecessarily be negative about an upcoming car
It is really not necessary. Tata hasn't spoken of the pre-bookings even in their previous launches. Maybe we'll get to know about it at the launch itself.

Niggles can be present in any car of any brand. It is just that how much are we willing to accept. It doesn't seem correct to single out the niggles of only TML cars. Even Nexon has couple of niggles but on the whole its a VFM and safe car. Let us not forget, its a machine at the end of the day and no machine can be 100% accurate/niggle free. Niggles can happen in a 5 L rupee car and even in a 50 L rupee car. So far, in all their launches, TML has done a good effort as far as product's over all packaging is concerned.

If in this price band, I compare Compass Vs Harrier, then the latter wins as Harrier does offer better package and appeal than Compass and if people can accept a good product from a relatively new brand(read=jeep) then I do hope Harrier also will get a good response from the buyers. Compass was launched in the starting price of 14.XX L in 2017 and since then has been doing decent numbers so presently to make the scene more competitive, TML should launch the Harrier under cutting the Compass by a good 1L and make the top spec priced under 20L on road.

Looking at their recent launches, doesn't look like that TML will disappoint the buyers or vice-versa. 23rd is yet another day for TML to further prove their efforts.

Regards

Akash
Thanks for reply ,I feel honored
1. For assuming or having intuition its my personal opinion however if its incorrect i,m sorry .
2. As far as pre bookings are concerned i read about 3800 odd bookings at some other forum and also the fact that even before launch dealers are trying to convert them into confirmed purchase is also happening ( personally i got the call )which has never happened with my previous 4 pre bookings namely fluidic verna,ford ecosport,creta and honda wrv
3. Yes i agree that niggles can happen with any machine but then all niggles are bound for criticism ,and more premium the product more will be the criticism .
4 .Regarding comparison of compass and harrier by removing panoramic sunroof price will fall by 1L , again reducing engine power by 30 bhp and also taking a bit of refinement will bring the price dawn by 1 L , considering the localization factor of 65 vs 85 percent price will fall by 50000-1L ,now for brand/bragging factor (geep/tata) another 1.5-2.0 L is slashed ,for dual zone acc vs single zone ,18 inch alloy vs 17 inch, power seat adjust with memory function vs manual, ECM IRVM vs day and night IRVM ,sliding armrest ,vs fixed, more premium nappa leather seats , electric parking button vs manual a buyer gets more style and space, brake assist, corner stability, disk brake wiping , so on comparing geep limited plus vs harrier xz what should be the price of xz while geep is around 21 L ex showroom .for me the figures i see it in the range of 15- 16 L ex showroom and further i rest my case
P.S- The numbers of compass are currently in range of 1000-1500 and huge discounts are on offer ( about 50000-1 L ) if tata wants to sell around 1000 /month of harrier then the pricing seems to be ok
regards

Everyone is under the assumption that the Harrier will be priced at 20L. But did they specifically mention the variants? No.
The Top end Auto XZA or XZ+ Variant may cost 20L. But as of now we have only the manual XZ. So I am sure TATA will price the Top manual at 18L on road to spring a surprise. Keep waiting. I am sure TATA motors will cause a stir in the market.

Everyone is under the assumption that the Harrier will be priced at 20L. But did they specifically mention the variants? No.
The Top end Auto XZA or XZ+ Variant may cost 20L. But as of now we have only the manual XZ. So I am sure TATA will price the Top manual at 18L on road to spring a surprise. Keep waiting. I am sure TATA motors will cause a stir in the market.
Exactly my thoughts when i booked but it is not like that as tata tweeted a price range of 16-21 L on road so their might be xza and xz+ variants in the pipe line but the base model xe is fixed at 16 L and considering the current lineup according to the features on offer xm should be around 17 L, and xt around 18-18.5 L ,that makes xz to be priced around 20-21 L ON ROAD .Still I,m waiting for official prices on 23 and wish that the tweet price was just to gauge the buyers response and tata take market by storm by your ( also mine ) estimated price

There is no confirmation that XE is fixed at 16L. TATA might throw a bomb shell by throwing an introductory price similar or less to the base 1.6 Creta SX manual priced at 13.3 ex-showroom. So both Creta 1.6 and Harrier are taxed in the same tax bracket due to the diesel engine capacity 1.5-1.99L.

Also received a call from Malik Cars Hyderabad TATA dealer that the car is on display in the car showroom. Also got a message from TATA motors that the car is launching on 23rd and will get a special collector's item a scale model of Harrier.

Tata Harrier, the New Benchmark in SUV is launching on 23 Jan. Book before launch and receive priority delivery and a special collector's item. Miss Call 7574890000

Last edited:
There is no confirmation that XE is fixed at 16L. TATA might throw a bomb shell by throwing an introductory price similar or less to the base 1.6 Creta SX manual priced at 13.3 ex-showroom. So both Creta 1.6 and Harrier are taxed in the same tax bracket due to the diesel engine capacity 1.5-1.99L.

Also received a call from Malik Cars Hyderabad TATA dealer that the car is on display in the car showroom. Also got a message from TATA motors that the car is launching on 23rd and will get a special collector's item a scale model of Harrier.

Tata Harrier, the New Benchmark in SUV is launching on 23 Jan. Book before launch and receive priority delivery and a special collector's item. Miss Call 7574890000
Even if they give a introductory price of 13.3 ex showroom for xe (base model )it translates to 16L on road ,as of creta 1.6 sx ,I hope you were referring to XE prices only while if they were for XT or ,XZ variants its going to be a shock/earthquake for the SUV market like xuv500 and ecosport did in 2011/2013 . Lets hope for the best .
regards

Yes. I was referring to the base model XE. I am sure if TATA gives an introductory ex-showroom price of 12.7 -12.99, then they can challenge CRETA as Harrier has many better features in comparisons to CRETA but thought looses on certain features like powered driver seat and Sun roof. The USP should be a bigger luxury look and sheer driving pleasure that lacks in CRETA. This comment is because I am an owner of CRETA.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier starts arriving at dealer yard ahead of launch this week

tata-harrier-dealer-arrives-test-drive-colours-launch-2.jpg

Tata Motors has been actively testing the Harrier 5 seater SUV, over the past many months. Finally, the car is ready for launch. Launch date is just around the corner, on 23rd January 2019. Ahead of that, the SUV has started arriving at dealer yards, who will start deliveries on the same date.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier SUV SPIED in different colours as launch impends [Video]

Tata’s much-awaited premium SUV Harrier is just a few days away from its launch and is well appreciated by the Indian Market. The car is based on OMEGA architecture which is derived from the Land Rover’s D8 architecture which makes the car solid and rigid. The Harrier has begun reaching Tata dealerships across the country. Here’s a video from a Tata dealer stockyard that shows the SUV in different colours.

Read:

Tata Harrier starts arriving at dealer yard ahead of launch this week

View attachment 254468

Tata Motors has been actively testing the Harrier 5 seater SUV, over the past many months. Finally, the car is ready for launch. Launch date is just around the corner, on 23rd January 2019. Ahead of that, the SUV has started arriving at dealer yards, who will start deliveries on the same date.

Read:
Photoshopped. See the rear fog lamps also in grey shade.[frustration]

So what do you expect to be the approx. introductory price of base XE model ex-showroom Delhi?

My guess is 12.49 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

So what do you expect to be the approx. introductory price of base XE model ex-showroom Delhi?
IMG_20190123_064116.jpg
IMG_20190123_064105.jpg
IMG_20190123_064058.jpg
IMG_20190123_064053.jpg
IMG_20190123_064047.jpg

My guess is 12.49 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi
12.49 will be really aggressive pricing undercutting Creta SX by roughly 1 lakh. My guess is 13.49 - on par with Creta SX pricing.

Most of the Twitter photos are using the scale model. Unique, thoughtful and maybe cost effective as well[cheers]
IMG_20190123_064236.jpg
IMG_20190123_064201.jpg
IMG_20190123_064131.jpg
IMG_20190123_064126.jpg
IMG_20190123_064121.jpg

I think they will have to price XE which is barebones without any ICE but does have 2 Airbags, ABS, around 10L on road. That being said, it will give immense opportunity for people for get aftermarket ICE will all Jazz.
Few things I felt should have been a standard offering were , rear defogger, remote central lock, Child sear anchor points.

My guess is , for sale of 3-5 thousand /month

1. XE - 10.99 L 2. XM - 11.99 L 3. XT - 13.25 L 4. XZ - 15.5 L

For sales of 1.5-3 thousand /month

1. XE - 11.9 L 2. XM - 12.99 L 3. XT - 14.25 L 4. XZ - 16.25 L

For sale of 1000/month

1. XE - 12.99 L 2 XM - 13.99 L 3. XT - 15.5 L 4. XZ - 18 L

Anything below than first line (starting price XE below 10.99 L ) it will have a waiting period of 1 year , for first line of prices waiting period will be for 6 months ,pricing in 2 line range will make it readily available , pricing of 3 line will give dealers some hard times ,and any thing above that it is DOA

Any ways BEST OF LUCK TO TATA and HARRIER

Top Bottom