Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

There are still pricier bits in Harrier,
the visteon ice, is available in the leagues of Mercs,
the harman systems not available in any of the so called mass premium cars in India.
The JLR front suspension taken up as it is.
rear suspension worked upon by lotus engineering
All the safety tech used does cost money
Nappa seat covers

Now show me a car in India which has the above basic features and costing under 20L OTR

With regards to 18 inches whats the price of tires with 18 inch? AFAIK each tyre costs 16K changing 4 tyres will set you back by 60K. People will again crib on this aspect. 16 inches are tried and tested and various options available for the consumer to choose from. Again Discovery is fit on bolt, so for people who can invest can directly purchase the discovery wheels and put it.

Had it been branded JLR urban discovery, you would not get this at 30L but around 50L on road.
Thanks for your reply
Sir viesteon ice is pricier Agree ,but it has faults as currently not having apple car play . as far as reviewers say (H SORABZI autocar india ) in his video review that most of the reviewers found problems with it and they have to restart it .so to an average buyer like me will consider it something as IPHONE 6S,which is most premier brand but technically much inferior then galaxy note 9 and also cheap ,
As far as harman system is concerned its available in humble tiago so premium is gone ( i hope tiago is not a premium offering )
Regarding the suspension system i do agree on both points and that is the basic confusion that if tata want to make a premium offering why not take it as whole (although sharing platform reduces price ) rather then heavily modifying it probably to cut costs ,then using Lotus (premium company ) to increase price ,removing aluminium bits to decrease price ,confused
All safety tech cost money AGREED so XM, XEand XT shoul be value for money (also nappa leather ) as they have none of them ( basic minimum present in all 3 in the league of nexon )
but as the tweet price suggest even the XE will cost 16 lacks
Now every car has its bits of unique features and they cannot be priced as no one else have them example is 360 degree camera on kicks no car even upto 25 lacks have it so can kicks be priced at 21 lacks on road and considered value for money ?sure it will be kicked off , likewise i20 asta first gen had many segment first features like 6 airbags,sunroof,start/stop button,leather seat covers ,AVN ,5 star rating on crash test ,so if it was priced in range of 15 lacks would it have succeeded ,no chance
On comparing it with rivals creta,xuv500and compass it lacks sunroof,powered seats, and most importantly brand value (at-least with hyundai and jeep )
With regards to rim size the tata,s own HEXA have a bigger rim and tyres ,dual tone alloys and their premium offering is cost cutting on rims and tyres ,isnt it confusing
Lastly urban disco was a lighter note (mentioned )still a person who will buy it at 50 L would not be wise as disco sport is around 53L on road Delhi and with year end offer deal can be negotiated at around 50L or even less so why buy a urban disco with tata DNA when you can buy the pure breed at the same price (this is on a LIGHTER NOTE )

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier Starts Reaching Dealerships Ahead of January 23 Launch

The Harrier can be booked for the initial token of Rs. 30,000 and considering the buzz created over a year, it is expected to make a huge mark in the segment. Competing against the likes of top-end Hyundai Creta, upcoming Nissan Kicks, Mahindra XUV500 and Jeep Compass to some extent, the Harrier can now be only had with five-seater layout.

Tata-Harrier-officially-revealed-13-640x393.jpg

Tata Harrier dispatch has commenced in India ahead of its market debut; expected to throw a tough competition in the segment

Read:

Thanks for your reply
Sir viesteon ice is pricier Agree ,but it has faults as currently not having apple car play . as far as reviewers say (H SORABZI autocar india ) in his video review that most of the reviewers found problems with it and t (this is on a LIGHTER NOTE )
Sir, Ap harrier ko chor kuch or khareed lijiye......but Bechari Harrier ko baksh dijiye (please take this on a lighter note) [:D][cheers]

Thanks for reply
sir the pricing difference between LR products and tata should be compared as difference between Audi and V W both from same parent ,so their is no point in charging premium esp after removing the pricier bits .On the lighter side give harrier the name of urban discovery with JLR brand and i.ll be the first one to buy it even at 30 lack on road (also consider it a steal )
Yes i agree that all big three have single tone alloy ,but what i was trying to say that a stylish product as harrier definitely looks better with diamond cut alloys (as multiple rendering on net and H5X concept suggest ) and most reviewer felt that 18 inched rim would have suited it more (disco sport 18 is a direct fit )
yes i do agree the customization options would be available ( even if not by tata any one can get them done himself ) but the extra cost on an already premium priced (my opinion ) is not justified thanks
So does that mean, the same product with a LR badge - you will but it eyes closed at a 50% premium. We enthusiasts should not accept a product just by the brand name. If that was the case, Tiago and Nexon would have been a disaster in sales. If the product is good accept that.

Sir, Ap harrier ko chor kuch or khareed lijiye......but Bechari Harrier ko baksh dijiye (please take this on a lighter note) [:D][cheers]
thanks it is a nice advice indeed

So does that mean, the same product with a LR badge - you will but it eyes closed at a 50% premium. We enthusiasts should not accept a product just by the brand name. If that was the case, Tiago and Nexon would have been a disaster in sales. If the product is good accept that.
Thanks for reply ,the point you,ve raised was mentioned by me as lighter note . and on a serious note many (not just me ) will buy a tata product on LR badge at 50-60 percent premium (just for the brag factor ) eyes and even mind closed .
Yes no auto lover should buy /accept a product on brand name TOTALLY AGREE .but that is the whole point that why do tata consider harrier as premium product just on the basis of modified D8 disco sport platform .
As for tiago and nexon both are successful as they are good products ACCEPTED and they are selling well, but one important factor in their success is the reason that they offer more value for money (more car per car ) from their competition ,imagine tiago priced over i 10 grand and swift (at premium) its sales will certainly dip ,for example Hexa a very good product also fairly well priced is failing to make an impact over xuv 500 .
thanks

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier SUV: New TVC released ahead of launch

The Tata Harrier is one of the most anticipated car launches of 2019. The SUV will be launched on the 23rd of January, 2019, on the same day as the new Maruti WagonR. In the run up to the launch, Tata Motors has been conducting various online and offline activities to build buzz around its new flagship SUV. Here’s a new TVC that takes you through a quick tour of what the Tata Harrier will offer.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier spied testing in Italy ahead of India launch

tata-harrier-spied-europe-italy-turin-launch-2-750x430.jpg

To be launched in India on 23rd January, the new Tata Harrier has now been spied testing in Europe for the first time. The first spy shots of the Harrier from Europe, were clicked in the city of Turin, in Italy.

tata-harrier-spied-europe-italy-turin-launch-1-750x430.jpg

tata-harrier-spied-europe-italy-turin-launch-4-750x430.jpg

tata-harrier-spied-europe-italy-turin-launch-3-750x430.jpg

Read:

Which colour is the best for Harrier.
1. Calisto Copper
2. Telesto Grey
3. Thermisto Gold
Not considering white and Silver.
Planning to book XZ

View attachment 253471 View attachment 253472 View attachment 253473
If the gold color looks as dark as this as in image then its Gold, followed by grey. Copper will be too common a color. With This dark shade of Gold, you can gloss black the roof and the car will look smashing. All the best on your purchase of Harrier.

I have not seen the car in real but from pictures for me its Calisto Copper at first, then Thermisto Gold.
Booked XZ with Calisto Copper
Thermisto Gold is the second option

If the gold color looks as dark as this as in image then its Gold, followed by grey. Copper will be too common a color. With This dark shade of Gold, you can gloss black the roof and the car will look smashing. All the best on your purchase of Harrier.
You are right. Thermisto Gold looks dark in picture but would like to see it in real before finalising.
As per Tata Customer care, changing colour after launch is possible.

Booked XZ with Calisto Copper
Thermisto Gold is the second option

You are right. Thermisto Gold looks dark in picture but would like to see it in real before finalising.
As per Tata Customer care, changing colour after launch is possible.
Congrats @autosafari for your booking. Fingers crossed on the pricing details. What's your expectation on this one ?

Somehow, as an auto enthusiast. I am not very kicked about Harrier. It does have a few gizmos here and there, but so do others like XUV and the Compass. I would have loved it if it had at least AWD (if not 4x4)with automatic transmission. Right now, it just looks like an overgrown super hatch in the league of WRV, Ecosport and Creta. I mean, Tata has had a rich legacy of all-terrain vehicles. For many years, the Safari practically defined an Indian SUV(quality niggles notwithstanding). Now that TML has crossed the quality perception obstacle, why have they (kind of ) restrained themselves with this model ? Doesn't make sense, at least as an enthusiast. The regular Joe will love the HIDs and the MID and AA/ACP of course, but then if you want. to please him/her just go all the way there too and get a sunroof.

Top Bottom