Tata Bolt vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio

Tata Bolt vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio

• Total voters
Tata Bolt is really a gem of car but in Bangalore I have never seen one. May be I have seen one but it may be a Vista as well. The exterior killed the sales of Bolt. Tata was never known for good mileage cars as well. No offence but IMO even I don't like the outdated Vista exterior

Celerio on the other hand does not have a killer looks but it's not bad as well. Along with MASS, higher mileage and K10 engine is a better buy in my opinion as the looks does matter to me.

But TATA Bolt is a segment above Celerio and can't be compared. But even taking Grand i10/Swift/Liva/Brio I would have never prefered Bolt rather would have gone for Zest which is way better than Bolt and VFM.
Interesting that one can digest the breadbox looks of Maruti Wagon R, Eon, I-10 for years together , even Celerio to some extent, but cannot digest the much sleeker profile of the Bolt and its "outdated" predecessor Indica Vista.

My wife pick was celerio when we decided to upgrade our santro. Celerio was final decision to purchase but one day we saw tata zest and took TD and fall in love with zest and immediately turned our decision in favour of zest.

My wife pick was celerio when we decided to upgrade our santro. Celerio was final decision to purchase but one day we saw tata zest and took TD and fall in love with zest and immediately turned our decision in favour of zest.
Please opt for ABS.The braking in watery conditions are nightmarish.

Please opt for ABS.The braking in watery conditions are nightmarish.
Thank for your suggestion. I brought Zest XM RT which have ABS. Personally I don't like airbags ( I don't want to discuss why I don't like airbags because it associated with accident of my son when he was age of 3 years. My reason not to like airbags is totally personal so members of TAI please don't think that I am against airbags )

Last edited:
Congrats. I would say it is a sane choice. I feel TATA Motors rediscovered how to make cars with Zest. This is why I keep insisting on a TD. Very few listen, very few. Some newbies take friends for TD and end up buying what the friend wants [frustration].

Coming back to the thread topic, for those who dreamed of owning a Maruti, Celerio it is. For all others, it is the Bolt, I would say.

They are from different segment altogether.

The Space, comfort, dynamics, refinement, features, interior quality bolt has on offer is way ahead of Celerio.

Unfortunately bolt is not doing well in the market as it resembles Vista's outer shell, but that does not mean Bolt is any way inferior than Swift, Punto, Sail -HB.

I really love the raod presence of bolt.

The Bolt and Zest are fine cars, marred by TML's legacy and lethargy. It really doesnt help that TML is running around like a headless chicken, with no credible successor to Karl Slym. Evidently, there is a post for an MD, but TML doesnt seem to want one ?? Sounds a bit ridiculous.
I know for a fact that the whole HorizonNext strategy had TML on its toes.

The cars are not really comparable. Bolt is way ahead of Celerio in all departments except in 3 cases..
1. Rear look - still cannot shake off the Indica body language
2. Tata service (compared to MS)
3. Fuel economy

In all other cases Bolt is way ahead and a much better buy in the long term.

As usual the sales figures don't normally translate to the verdict in Auto forums. This cas is no different.

May 2015 sales of Maruti's Celerio stands at 8078 while Tata's Bolt is at 458[confused]

Thread Starter #55
Bolt with such a sales figure is a market dud for sure and Tata is paying for there lethargic attitude of not modifying the exteriors of bolt to differentiate it from Indica. I don't think bolt can ever come back.

Voted for bolt on the account of following points:-
1. 1.3 Quadrajet diesel engine and 1.2 Turbo Revotron petrol engine car ahead in terms of performance.
2. More space in terms of rear and front legroom.
3. Interiors are better in design, looks upmarket and more feature rich.
4. Superior road precense, and more mature design.
5. Superior build quality.

Top Bottom