Tata Bolt vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio

Tata Bolt vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio

• Total voters
I would choose Bolt over Celerio, the interiors are wonderful. Also Tata cars are known for massive space inside so it will be another added advantage for Bolt more over TASS is improving slowly and in coming times we can see a lot of changes.

Thread Starter #17
Hello TAI, Tata launched the website for bolt and zest

www.tatamotorsbolt.com and www.tatamotorszest.com

i just registered there and got a call back in 5 minutes. I like the way they respond. They confirmed that both bolt and zest will be available in showrooms soon after launch. If tata does that, I'm sure tata will son hit back to the auto industry.

Guys can we add other Sub 4 meter sedans for the Polls in this thread, like Hyundai Xcent, Dzire, Amaze and ford's compact sedan. Lets see which one of these emerges as a winner.

Tata cars are the best for space, comfort, maintenance cost, ownership cost and above all lowest price to buy, in an essence VFM. Tata bolt should not be a deviation from that. However, I'll never buy (if I am planning to buy) Tata Bolt till it's proven for quite some time since who knows I might come to the newspapers saying "Bolt on Fire" (refer "Nano on Fire").

Well, the Celerio is clearly a segment lower than the premium Bolt!
So why is this inappropriate poll being conducted?
Instead, a poll between all upcoming and currently selling compact sedans would make much more sense. Also a poll between all these premium hatchbacks including Bolt.

After owning Tata car since few years, and seeing the amount of troubles it has given with frequent breakdowns, engine overhauls, unrefined engine, bad ASS, etc, I'll think twice about owning a Tata car. Bolt also looks too much like Indica, if you ignore the blackened B- and C- pillars and headlight type.

Bolt

Indica

Maruti cars have been more refined and reliable overall with better ASS. Celerio could have been better if it looked like A-wind concept with same alloys. Sad that Maruti toned down design and made it conservative.

Test drive pending for both! When is Bolt expected to hit the showrooms?

Last edited:
The silhouette may be the same as both are based on same body shell. Tata has also upgraded their quality and service.

I love the Tata's-period.
But, have a feeling we all know what will happen if there is a toss-up between the Celerio and the Bolt. The C will be bolting and the Bolt-well possibly cruising or more likely going a bit slow. Why do i say this? TML cannot price the Bolt lower than the current Vista Petrol or perhaps even the diesel. I feel it will be close to its competitors. Though its big in space and maybe more technology now,its what happens after that that will scare away people. I dont think the Bolt is product enough for people to ignore TMLs past and 'just' buy. I could be wrong.
But if anything may succeed it will be a very competitively priced Zest or even the power steering Nano (again if this is priced close to the Eon or Alto sales will not take off as TML hope!)

Thread Starter #28
i started this thread to compare the AMT versions of celerio and bolt. Though bolt is a segment higher people might choose celerio who is really in need of an Automatic i guess. Pricing bolt is going to make the bread and butter for Tata.
Celerio VXI AMT will be 4.9L ex showroom as per autocar. Whats your guess for bolt AMT? More than 5.5L ex showroom will make bolt a flop, since its new engine is yet to be proven and FE figures are not known. So i feel comparing bolt with celerio AMT will be in mind of a common man willing to buy an AMT. Or prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Prices for Maruti Celerio Manual LXi – Rs 3.90 lakh VXi – Rs 4.20 lakh ZXi – Rs 4.50 lakh ZXi (O) – Rs 4.96 lakh Automatic LXi – Rs 4.29 lakh VXi – Rs 4.59 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi)

Top Bottom