Tata Bolt Review and Test Drive

Tata Motors showcased the Bolt Sport - a performance version of the commuter hatchback at the 2015 Geneva motor show.
This car will be powered by the same 1.2 liter Revotron petrol motor but produces 120 BHP (vs 89 BHP) and maximum torque of 17.33 kgm, as a result of ECU mapping and a high-flow exhaust system. Power is transmitted to the wheels by Fiat's C501 gearbox (that powers the Bolt diesel). It also features stiffer suspension and has a sportier stance. The car comes with disc brakes on all four wheels, ABS, dual front airbags, Corner Stability Control and 205 section tyres.
The exterior design too has been suitably modified to match the 'Sport' moniker. The front features a new racier bumper with skirts and a large, inverted hexagonal air dam. The side profile flaunts 17" wheels, air-vents on the front fenders as well as side skirts. The rear of the car features a re-designed bumper with a diffuser and twin exhausts. The tail lamps appear to be mildly smoked too.
Changes to the interiors are a lot more subtle with red inserts to the all black theme. The air-con vents and the gear lever wear these red highlights. The steering wheel, seats, handbrake and gear cladding are wrapped in black leather with red stitching. The aluminum pedals are also new. The Bolt also features an electric sunroof. The Harman developed infotainment system is carried forward from the regular hatchback.

Attachments

This is I got on TBHP.
How he can get this figures? 25KMPL for petrol engine ----just wow[clap]

bolt mileage tbhp.JPG

Owner also posted some tricks to improve mileage.

1) Ensure tyre pressure is maintained as per manufacturer recommended
2) After I turn on engine I ensure to idle for 30 seconds and then drive the car
3) It's ok to rev up on the highway to achieve good speed i.e (good throttle response =continues motion) but in city traffic sedate driving is good for car's health.
4) Quickly shifting gears to highest gears does much of the trick but ensure there is no lag in the power

In addition to this, I used a trick that always drive in such manner that INST FE shown is always high, you can definitely get good FE figures.

zest inst fe.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for posting my review from teambhp, anyways I was planning to do that.[;)]

Yeah also I agree to your trick of INST FE , one can expect greater mileage on Highways mate and its a very good point.
These modes are not gimmicks but really worth and work well.

Next time when you go for any trip observe DTE before and after journey and which mode was used more.
Let me present you my one of my ECO drive mode experience from

Old Alwal till Vemukawada ( 136kms).

1) DTE initial = 300km

After 66 kms of drive with 100% AC on DTE was 260kms and average mileage was 22km/litre and speed 60 to 70 km/hour. So 66+260= 326km ( more the initial DTE figure ).

But driving in city mode would affect DTE. and drop to 210kms and city mode DTE would drop to 180kms mate. Power comes with a price.

Please test it mate.[:D]

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Tata Bolt Could Be Discontinued in India!
Since its launch in January 2015, a total of 17,035 units of the Tata Bolt have been sold which is about two months sales of the Hyundai Elite i20 or the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.

Link

Top Bottom