- Sep 7, 2014
- Delhi-NCR/ Mumbai
Tata Bolt Review: Tata Bolt price tag is between Rs.4.45 – 7.00 Lakh (Ex.showroom, Delhi). It officially launched in India on 22nd Jan 2015.
Buddies, Here's the 1st Test Drive Review For TATA BOLT for T.A.I.
So, finally got hold of the Test Drive Vehicle of the soon-launching TATA BOLT today at the Delhi Dealership i.e Concord Motors. I have driven the TATA BOLT XT (Petrol) with Revotron Engine.
Colors Offered in TATA BOLT are same as TATA Zest and projector headlamps are "Not" standard in all variants.
Here is the list of Variants with features:
Base Variant is the BOLT XE with following features:
* Air conditioning
* Power Steering
* Body Color Bumper and Door Handles
* Turn indicators integrated in ORVMs
Above XE is the XM, It Includes:
All features of XE + All Power Windows, Harman Music System, ABS+EBD and CSC, Rear and Front Fog Lamps.
Then after XM comes XMS
This includes all features of XM + Driver side seat height adjuster + Dual Front Airbags.
Finally, comes XT; which is fully loaded! It includes all features of XMS + Harman Touchscreen, Rear Wiper, Defogger, GPS, Video Playback, Voice Command, Automatic Climate Control and 15 inch Alloys.
The pricing of the car is yet to be disclosed. Official literature will be given after launch.
What I Liked:
* Minimal Cabin Noise
* On acceleration the sound remains modulated.
* Corner Stability is awesome.
* Good Ground Clearance.
* Immobilizer Function.
* The Drive Modes i.e CITY, ECO and Sports. I drove in all 3 of them.
- CITY: The Vehicle will start in CITY mode that gives a pleasant feel of driving. Calm and Composed ride.
- ECO: The car felt average in this mode, it is the mode which shall give maximum FE. Since its designed for extracting best FE so don't expect it to fly on roads.
- Sport: An all together high performance mode. One can definitely feel the thrust of acceleration when the car is in this mode. In this mode, one can't think that BOLT is inspired from Vista etc.
* The power steering is light so there wont be any fatigue while driving.
* Braking is also precise thanks to ABS+EBD and CSC.
* Wipers have good cleaning radius.
* ORVM has good viewing space and internally adjustable.
What could be Better!
* The rear suspension, feels jerky when the car is driven over a small pothole.
* At speed bumps too if the car crosses over them between 20-30 km/h the jerk can be felt.
* The door fabric in all variants could be better.
* Absence of Driver Airbag in XE and XM variant.
* Just a 10 km round-trip test drive given.
* Horn could have been better.
My Opinion: Overall, its a positive effort by TATA to break the Indica image with BOLT. This car is much ahead of its earlier cousins i.e Indica and Vista. I just hope, that this car should not get into commercial segment else all efforts to change the perceptions will be of no use.
Hope you all like this feedback and post your views and queries.
286 KB Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator: