Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

IMG_20191122_121907.jpg
IMG_20191122_121836.jpg
IMG_20191122_121938.jpg
IMG_20191122_120206.jpg
IMG_20191122_121755.jpg

In ads, they have shown 360 parking aid cameras and 12k ops( optical parking sensor) which is usually given for autoparking systems.
It think the platform is package protected for various advanced driver assistance systems(ADAS) as mentioned by Guenter Butschek himself in an interview. But front camera was not seen on altroz during geneva auto expo; So these features may come in later stages of product lifecycle.

Fast forward to 10:15 to hear about tata boss confirming about ADAS. He mentions it as active assistance system.

Passive Safety Systems play a role in limiting/containing the damage/injuries caused to driver, passengers and pedestrians in the event of a crash/accident. Airbags, Seatbelts, Whiplash Protection System etc. are common Passive Safety Systems deployed in vehicles these days.

Active Safety Systems as the term suggests play a preventive role in mitigating crashes and accidents by providing advance warning or by providing the driver with additional assistance in steering/controlling the vehicle. Head-Up Display (HUD), Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Driver Monitoring System (DMS), Blind Spot Detection (BSD) and Night Vision System (NVS) are common Active Safety Systems. Passive Safety Systems play a role in limiting/containing the damage/injuries caused to driver, passengers and pedestrians in the event of a crash/accident.

It may have 360° camera but won't have a proper automatic.
The Base model should come with basic ice and all other variants should have a touch screen system
Tata will make feature loaded top variant and there won't be a proper auto transmission even on that.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz premium hatchback: 2 new teasers released ahead of January 2020 launch

Tata had announced that they will be launching the Altroz premium hatchback in January 2020, but the exact date is not revealed so far. Tata Motors has now officially released two teaser videos on their Youtube channel for the upcoming Altroz hatchback.

The First teaser shows the front end of the upcoming Altroz. It does not show how exactly the Altroz would look like, instead they highlighted the outlines of the car. After this a text pops up on the screen that says ‘Be mesmerized by gold’ which indicates the premiumness of the Altroz. It could also be an indication to he gold like paint job available on the Altroz. It has been spotted in that gold like paint scheme many times.

Second teaser video is also the same except it shows the outline of the car from the rear. It also shows a text that says ‘fall in love with the gold’.

Read:

First Altroz rolled out on production line.
altroz1.jpg

one question is the that whitelight under the T logo? is it just a reflection? or camera?

I don't see any front sensors on the car so does that mean that it has not front sensors and driver assistance system not provided in Altroz I must be wrong here and missing to see them in this pic.

First Altroz rolled out on production line.
View attachment 266537
one question is the that whitelight under the T logo? is it just a reflection? or camera?

I don't see any front sensors on the car so does that mean that it has not front sensors and driver assistance system not provided in Altroz I must be wrong here and missing to see them in this pic.
Its just a reflection.
Im also sad ,not to see the front camera and side mirror mounted camera BUT there is rain sensor.
May be this isnt the top end variant. Or hoping tata motors will provide it as option.

Last edited:
I think everyone is comparing Altroz or pitching it against i20 whereas it will be in the range of Swift and Nios
Actually when it comes anything from Tata stable we ask for a lower price than anything in the market.

So in my opinion, I maybe wrong but it's a Nios or swift competition price and feature wise not upcoming i20 which might/will move further up the ladder when it comes to pricing
And hey, I think it will be only car with a 1.5L diesel mill in the segment if am not mistaken.

Well it's going to be a wide price range and it's main competitor will be swift
While the turbo and diesel variants will take on i20 and baleno
As far as features are concerned it will be up there with the best, only feature next i20 will be having as extra will be the sunroof. But i20 will be too expensive this time

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz Pre-Bookings Start At Dealer Level; Launch In January 2020

kgf8206g_tata-altroz_650x400_05_March_19.jpg

With the new Tata Altroz premium hatchback all set to be launched in India in January 2020, selected dealers have started accepting pre-bookings for the car. While dealers in Mumbai and Delhi are currently accepting bookings for the car at ₹ 25,000, Tata showrooms in Chennai will commence bookings from December 4, for a token of ₹ 21,000, which is when the official bookings are claimed to start. Furthermore, a source in the know has told us that the company has sent out a pre-booking advisory to all its dealers asking them to start generating interest before it's ready to start the official bookings.

Read:

Top Bottom