Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Honestly, I just hope they dont put a great design with a underpowered 3 cyl low torque engine under the hood. Nice design lines coupled with strong power/torque for excellent city drivability is now a need (not a good feel any more). Lets see

Btw re the above pics, I felt most existing Tata hatches never had space constraint in the back seat for 3

Last edited:
High chances that people will treat this as a blown up Tiago - (Front styling, rear spoiler extensions, side profile etc) rather than an all new car vis a vis Grand i10 v i20. Not sure whether that is a good thing or bad thing. TML always had that burden of designing cars looking way to similar in the past.

I hear through unconfirmed contacts that Tata has asked marketing for this to be pushed out further #altroz. Anyone hear anything from your credible contacts?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz to be launched with only manual gearboxes: Automatics to come later

Altroz_1-2.jpg

Tata has been working behind the curtains since some tie to revamp its model lineup along with launching several new models. The company has invested heavily in new platforms, powertrains as well as transmissions that will enable it to create world-class vehicles. The manufacturer has worked on the aesthetics front also and the new wave of its vehicles, including the Harrier, is quite good looking to say the least. The next vehicle to be launched by Tata in India is the Altroz premium hatchback which is expected to be here by the Diwali festive season. Now, a few sources suggest that Tata might not launch the Maruti Baleno challenger with an automatic transmission initially.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz hatchback spied at Magnetic Hill in Leh, Ladakh

tata-altroz-magnetic-hill-le-ladakh-1.jpg

Expected to be launched next month, Tata Altroz will test its mettle in the highly competitive premium hatchback segment. It will take on rivals such as Maruti Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz. Altroz was unveiled at Geneva Motor Show earlier this year and it is said to be one of the best designed cars by Tata Motors.

Read:

Exterior looks great, right proportioned vehicle. I dislike some part of interior but it's not a deal breaker.
We need to see engine/grerbox options and driving dynamics.
Don't understand all this camouflage after showcasing the vehicle in public.
Their website launch was biggest turnoff; I hope they launches the vehicle immediately after media drives.

Top Bottom