Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Re: Tata X451 Premium Hatchback To Rival Hyundai Elite i20

OT but important question:

@DJ Bro:
Man you work for some design studio?
Those renders are damn awesome and really really balanced too; Tweet then to TML marketing team and higher management; maybe we will get to see such masculine cars in future from their stable (Or maybe some other designer get 'inspired' from them and someone else launches similar ones)

Rear profile of both awaited BTW :stupid:

OT but important question:

@DJ Bro:
Man you work for some design studio?
Those renders are damn awesome and really really balanced too; Tweet then to TML marketing team and higher management; maybe we will get to see such masculine cars in future from their stable (Or maybe some other designer get 'inspired' from them and someone else launches similar ones)

Rear profile of both awaited BTW :stupid:
Thank you for your complements guys, but I'm just a 21 year old guy going to complete his Engineering course and has a little bit of Music and Automobile designing skills.[lol]
It's basically a pencil sketch colored and edited on photoshop.
Yeah surely will tweet to Tata Motors. [;)]

Ready rendering!
Bolt X with dual tone roof color option.
Like i said earlier, these are awesome! May this be the new bolt, it will beat everything else in the market. Awesome editing plus creativity results in something like this.

More details on the X451 - an ambitious project from TATA. MPV projects code-named X601 and X602 (The duo is targeted at the utilitarian market and will essentially replace the Sumo and the Movus) and upcoming SUVs Q501 and Q502 - on the other hand will lie on the other end of Tata’s price spectrum and will be positioned above the Safari and Hexa as more premium offerings.

All offerings will be between the time frame 2017 - 2020

Tatas-new-hatchback-1.jpg
Unlike the Bolt, which was a rehashed Vista, the X451 is a ground-up design. As seen in our artist’s impression of the car, the X451 will have a design language similar to the Nexon. Inspired from the upcoming compact crossover, the X451 will wear sleek headlamps with projector beam-lamps and low-set fog lights. An additional panel between these lighting elements is likely to house daytime-running lights or turn blinkers or both. Compared to the Bolt or the Tiago, the X451 will get a more aggressive face to go with the premium positioning of the car.
Tatas-new-hatchback.jpg

TATA plan

Last edited:

Why manufacture a car as a competitor? Create a segment and competition? Why are you following some other manufacturers when public don't look at you as an alternative?
Designs of Indica and Nano might have gone old,so does your brains too? Forgot your roots of creating segments like indigo Marina which were far above the period of time?
Indigo CS was created by you and now you are fighting among your peers?

Come back with a brand new Sumo in a hunk style, create the extended saloon like Indigo Marina.

Tata failed in two aspects
1. Lack of new designs
2. Inefficient A.S.S.
If Tata can rectify both, they will get non stop success stories.
I would love to see a turbojet petrol engine with good power delivery. Give us a new design and new powerful engine, the sales will increase.

Thread Starter #38

Tata X451 Development Speed Up

Tata Motors has been working on a new micro SUV concept, codenamed X451, that would rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100 and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ignis. The company has fast tracked its efforts for the same after the success of its Tiago hatchback.

Based on the astounding success of the Tiago, Tata Motors has fast tracked development of a new micro SUV concept, which has been codenamed X451. The concept was conceived back in 2013 under the name of Dolphin, and Tata now aims to put the SUV into production by 2017-18. The micro SUV will be a blend of a rugged SUV like body paired with the internals and features of a hatchback.

Tata has just floated a request-for-quotation among suppliers in the month of June. The fast track comes after Tata’s recent launch, the Tiago has been consistently selling over 3000 units every month. This success has proved to be quite a morale boost for the manufacturer who was struggling in the past with its passenger vehicles. The Tiago’s success can be seen evidently, as Tata has recorded a 22% rise in passenger vehicle sales, and 100% increase in hatchback sales as compared to June 2015.

The company initially aims to produce close to 25-30,000 units of the micro SUV, which will be targeted at the urban youth. The vehicle will boast of an SUV like stance and car like features, and will directly rival the Mahindra KUV100, which has been a lone wolf in the segment currently. It will also rival the upcoming Maruti Ignis which is expected to be launched this festive season. Besides this, the X451 will also pull customers from premium hatchbacks like the Baleno and the Hyundai i20, and from compact SUVs like the Maruti Vitara Brezza.

Tata Motors already seem to be on a hot streak with a plethora of launches scheduled in the upcoming years. It is also developing an all new modular platform called the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP). Further, Tata Motors has also been testing an electric variant of the Nano and seems to be looking for complete domination of the passenger market with a product in every segment.

Tata X451 Development Sped Up

– Tata has fast tracked its work on a new micro SUV concept
– The new micro SUV will lock horns against the Mahindra KUV100 and the upcoming Maruti Ignis
– The concept, codenamed X451, will most likely be put into production by 2017-18

Last edited:

I feel that the car (if launched) by tata may look pretty much like Shoeb kalania has designed. Why I am saying this is because the render for Tiago done by the same guy looks pretty much the production design. So I have high hopes that this car would look just like what has been rendered.
attaching the tiago render for reference.
Tata-Kite-front-render-IAB.jpg

Source : IAB

A pic of a Tata car concept underpinned with X0 platform. Any guess which one is this?
This was supposed to be a manza long back or sorry if it's a recent ans new concept.
I guess the name was Prima or Magna

It is the Prima concept and it was based on X1 platform of Vista.
By the way, where did you get this pic?

This was shown in Geneva long back. And Mr Tata then said that design is already out of date to get it to production.

It was a full size clay model? May be, as the interiors were not displayed at all. And these pics were from the TATA website I guess. Remember seeing it there.

Yes. it is the remake model of X0 platform - prima Car concept however I got unconfirmed news that this was the starting point of Kite twins and we might see X451 concept following this base taking ques from it barring the headlight design & cluster.

Top Bottom