Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Well, I had chance to drive the altroz, one thing i can say is the ride height is low for this vehicle apart from that the MID cluster looks pretty awesome and the engine is punchy and responds well to driver demand.
Did you drive diesel or petrol?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz Spotted Without Any Camouflage

6u8h5kl8_tata-altroz_625x300_27_May_19.jpg

Tata Motors is all set to launch the Altroz premium hatchback in the country this year. It was at the 2019 Geneva Motorshow that the company announced the name of its premium hatchback and now it's gearing up to launch the car in India. The 2019 Altroz seen here comes in the same yellowish-gold shade that we saw on the show car in Geneva, and by the looks of it, this will be the car's key colour option and it looks like the company has started shooting the production version for a commercial already, so, yes, we assume that the launch of the car is just a few months away. Visually, the car appears to be identical to the Tata Altroz unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, which could mean that the India-spec model will be similar to the global-spec Altroz. The model seen here appears to be the top-spec variant, and it seems to come with LED lightings like - LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, electrically operable ORVMs with turn lights, and LED taillamps.

21vps218_tata-altroz_625x300_27_May_19.jpg

Read:

View attachment 260238

Tata Motors is all set to launch the Altroz premium hatchback in the country this year. It was at the 2019 Geneva Motorshow that the company announced the name of its premium hatchback and now it's gearing up to launch the car in India. The 2019 Altroz seen here comes in the same yellowish-gold shade that we saw on the show car in Geneva, and by the looks of it, this will be the car's key colour option and it looks like the company has started shooting the production version for a commercial already, so, yes, we assume that the launch of the car is just a few months away. Visually, the car appears to be identical to the Tata Altroz unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, which could mean that the India-spec model will be similar to the global-spec Altroz. The model seen here appears to be the top-spec variant, and it seems to come with LED lightings like - LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, electrically operable ORVMs with turn lights, and LED taillamps.

View attachment 260239

Read:
Thanks @Nairrk for the pictures, looks nice and wide, I'm sure H2X will have a nice stance looking at the width and height of Altroz.

View attachment 260238

View attachment 260239

Read:
This deserves a Dual clutch automatic transmission. Hope tata will provide it

I Drove diesel variant, it has same engine as Nexon but down rated
How is the driveability of diesel engine. Pls shed some details about driveability, refinement and power delivery of engine and dynamics of the car.
Also how is the shift quality of gearbox.

Well, I had chance to drive the altroz, one thing i can say is the ride height is low for this vehicle apart from that the MID cluster looks pretty awesome and the engine is punchy and responds well to driver demand.
@roxzan welcome to TAI, do let us know your credentials, as you seem to just come on this thread and fly off the handle.
Altroz is a good 6/8months away from launch, how and why you got to drive a non production ready car?
Hope you get the drift.
Regards
Vinod

All I think off is every company is giving a soectacular competition for Maruti. As we very well know Altroz will score easily more or less 4 stars if not more. If it's well priced it can give Baleno, i 20 a run for it's money. But somewhere at the back of my head the moment I hear Tata I scare for A.S.S Hope they do something to turn that around

@Britto people will always find reasons for not choosing what they don't want. ASS of tata is not bad and even if it is on par with Toyota most people won't buy a tata.
Car is the second biggest investment and people want something which can assure them a minimum resale value tata even if it is better than similarly priced maruti won't give you a better resale value since people who haven't even seen a tata will say it's not good and their service is bad because their father in law's uncle had an indica and they have had bad experiences. All companies except maruti, hyundai/kia and Toyota better shut shop you are wasting your time and money in India. Many companies have started to see the future of this market and left more will follow.
As far as this car is concerned it would have been a success but economic conditions are really bad, sad for tata. They too should understand the market and stop investing. You won't be able to recover your investment from this market and you don't have any big market elsewhere so move on tata.

@Britto people will always find reasons for not choosing what they don't want. ASS of tata is not bad and even if it is on par with Toyota most people won't buy a tata.
Car is the second biggest investment and people want something which can assure them a minimum resale value tata even if it is better than similarly priced maruti won't give you a better resale value since people who haven't even seen a tata will say it's not good and their service is bad because their father in law's uncle had an indica and they have had bad experiences. All companies except maruti, hyundai/kia and Toyota better shut shop you are wasting your time and money in India. Many companies have started to see the future of this market and left more will follow.
As far as this car is concerned it would have been a success but economic conditions are really bad, sad for tata. They too should understand the market and stop investing. You won't be able to recover your investment from this market and you don't have any big market elsewhere so move on tata.
Well, I can understand your frustration, your genuine love and appreciation for their products, ask me, i own one of their flagships when it was available.
But you rightly said about the uncles indica story.. you are spot on, a car is a big investment in India, especially considering the tax structure, but have they done enough to change this perception?
My answer is no, the dealerships are thick skinned in many places still. Their marketing team is still playing test cricket, when the crowd is unfortunately eyeing t20. I mean look at the way they launched hexa and harrier. Don't they even have the guts to launch it in some eyecatching colours atleast. Once it fails, they can sell it in white and grey. Sure, but why play defensive at launch itself.
Have they spruced up the dealerships for launches like these. Look at the way MG is going about its hector launch. Look at the XUV brilliant choice of colours.
But i would differ with your suggestion of not going overseas because of continued disappointment here in India, I suggest TATA to aggressively market your products in other developing and even developed countries where you don't have the baggage of an uncle's indica. Your products are truly worldclass now and they deserve to succeed. But don't listen to your marketing team. [cheers]

Lowe Lintas will oversee the launch of Tata Motors’ new hatch and build its communication for a number of media platforms

Talking about the appointment of Lowe Lintas as the creative agency, S N Barman, Vice President (Sales, Marketing & Customer Support, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit), Tata Motors said, “We are delighted to associate with Lowe Lintas and welcome them onboard as our creative partner for the much awaited Tata Altroz. Their idea and understanding of brand Altroz has been in sync with what we want to communicate since day one. With its market introduction just around the corner, there is a lot in store for the brand in the coming months. We look forward to a fruitful relationship and are confident that they will up the ante and bring a valuable contribution to our brand across platforms.”

Lowe Lintas will oversee the launch of Tata Motors’ new hatch, and will build its communication for a number of media platforms.

Commenting on the win, Virat Tandon, Group CEO, MullenLowe Lintas Group said, “For decades now, we have been successfully driving brands belonging to the Tata Group across multiple categories. I am delighted to be chosen as part of the Tata Motors family as their agency to launch the newest premium hatchback car, Altroz. Its advanced concept and the entire product package make Altroz a winner. We are glad that our strategy and hyperbundled communication package resonated with the client as one that will provide the best launch platform for the Altroz in the highly competitive premium hatchback category.”
Source

Top Bottom