Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Re: Tata X451 Premium Hatchback To Rival Hyundai Elite i20

The concept looks good (similar to Nexon) but TML needs to launch the new vehicles as soon as possible to capture the sales number.
That is the Nexon. The new car is proposed and is expected to be similar to Nexon as per reports.[;)]

The concept looks good (similar to Nexon) but TML needs to launch the new vehicles as soon as possible to capture the sales number.
Have you seen the X451 concept? Or are you referring to the Nexon itself?

Traditionally, Tata has shown new concepts at the Geneva Motor show. So I was expecting concept studies if the Q501/502, X451 premium Hatchback and maybe even the planned AMP sedan. Sigh....... disappointed.

Traditionally, Tata has shown new concepts at the Geneva Motor show. So I was expecting concept studies if the Q501/502, X451 premium Hatchback and maybe even the planned AMP sedan. Sigh....... disappointed.
TATA, if i remember, show their new concepts in Geneva alternate years, Ie the year that Auto Expo New Delhi is not on.

I think I got a scoop!
This is a snapshot from the new "TATA Motors" TVC video on YouTube.
The car that is being sketched seems like a hatchback; bigger than the Bolt and has the windowline similar to that of the Nexon. Also the Headlamp design is new. Even the lower air-dam design is different and big.
This is definitely not the Tiago or the Kite 5.
My guess is that this could be the new Premium hatchback from Tata to rival the Elite i20.
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

well, now where will refreshed bolt (as projected to be taking cues from nexon, automatic gear box and new powerful engine) sit in that case? So we have the new bolt then we have this premium hatch and then we have compact SUV aka nexon. All these vehicles launched in 2017?

I think this isunlikely since there will be tiago some time during April-May then they have to launch Hexa around Diwali, and then instantly nexon. Impossible. They will launch nexon around Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest. we need to pray and hope that there is no typhooon, or earthquake or virus or a dictator or any calamity with name Nexon around the launch of the car. Else the launch will then be put off by another couple of months. We want the nexon to hit the market asap.
Tata Tiago launch has been confirmed on March 28th. Reports have also come in today that Tata Hexa launch will be in June! That brings up the very likely possibility that the Nexon would hit our market in October - November festive season! [:D]

what about a i20 size and quality car that is priced a little above the bolt..tml was all about value for money..they need to get back to that slot in peoples mind. once people believe in quality then aim for i20 prices

Here's my visualization of the new Premium hatchback from Tata Motors. Design theme inspired from the scoop pic I had posted a few months earlier above.
I have named it as BOLT X (which is highly unlikely) as there are chances that this premium hatchback could itself be the remodeled, re-designed Bolt with added power and equipment.
There is also my combined sketch of a Honda City rivaling mid-size sedan based on the hatchback, named ZEST X.

Attachments

Here's my visualization of the new Premium hatchback from Tata Motors. Design theme inspired from the scoop pic I had posted a few months earlier above.
I have named it as BOLT X (which is highly unlikely) as there are chances that this premium hatchback could itself be the remodeled, re-designed Bolt with added power and equipment.
There is also my combined sketch of a Honda City rivaling mid-size sedan based on the hatchback, named ZEST X.
Ultimate!!!! I absolutely loved it. You have an amazing talent. You can become the next Dilip Chabbria. Hope TATA Designers take some cue from you.

Ultimate!!!! I absolutely loved it. You have an amazing talent. You can become the next Dilip Chabbria. Hope TATA Designers take some cue from you.
Ji thank you, but this is flattering! [lol]
I will be coloring these cars soon on photoshop. Will upload again then.

Can you also guess the engine / transmission package. I really hope, a 6 speed manual with 110bhp 1.50Ltr CRDi at a bare minimum. Maybe TATA will surprise us with a dual clutch automatic as well!

Can you also guess the engine / transmission package. I really hope, a 6 speed manual with 110bhp 1.50Ltr CRDi at a bare minimum. Maybe TATA will surprise us with a dual clutch automatic as well!
No surprise in this. The Nexon already will be getting the 1.2 turbo petrol and 1.5 diesel with 6 speed transmission. So these cars will also be getting those. I am not sure about the Automatic though. The Nexon will get 6 speed AMT. I also don't think than any other type of automatic has been developed by Tata. Let's wait and see.

Last edited:

No surprise in this. The Nexon already will be getting the 1.2 turbo petrol and 1.5 diesel with 6 speed transmission. So these cars will also be getting those. I am not sure about the Automatic though. The Nexon will get 6 speed AMT. I also don't think than any other type of automatic has been developed by Tata. Let's wait and see.
There were rumors regarding Tata Hexa to come with 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Great! awesome skills you got

I find headlamps inspired from Hexa or maybe the entire front.

See its just a rendering and we start visualising the end product
Lol

Top Bottom