Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Too much of black elements used on the front bonnet ending and on the rear which is making this design overdone. I hope Tata removes them to make it more elegant looking. Interiors design is good IMO.

Remove all the black elements from the front and back except for the harrier like cladding between the tail lamps, the lower portion of that cladding too. An aggressive front bumper like tiago jtp.
Interiors is anyway too boring nothing can be done other than adding the bigger touch screen shown in the electric version.

Front looks so identical to yesteryear's Vista. Had huge expectations after looking at the concept last year, but this seems to be overdone. I don't no why TATA is not able to get over this Egg shell kind of design. Wish to see a huge transformation like Hyundai did for Verna when they released Fluidic version after 2011.

Porcelain White.jpg
aa.jpg

Front looks so identical to yesteryear's Vista. Had huge expectations after looking at the concept last year, but this seems to be overdone. I don't no why TATA is not able to get over this Egg shell kind of design. Wish to see a huge transformation like Hyundai did for Verna when they released Fluidic version after 2011.

View attachment 257791 View attachment 257792
Wait, what? Where on earth did you find an Indica here? And egg shell? No one can agree.
Please do have a look at the official images.
I think this car looks cool. Unique and quirky at certain angles, but definitely not ugly or unacceptable.
Sure the rear is over done, but I'm sure it will look great in darker colours.
I'm surprised by the stupid people in the other forum who are clearly thrashing Tata as the most disappointing pavilion this year!
IMG_20190305_155316.jpg
IMG_20190305_155311.jpg
IMG_20190305_155328.jpg
IMG_20190305_155321.jpg

Nothing personal against TATA and I have due respect for the brand for what they were and what there are now, so don't take it offensive. Swept back headlamp is spoiling TATA cars looks for ages now (Vista, Zest, Bolt, Now this one). They had a better outing with Tiago and Nexon. Anyways, more than anything it is my view and perception, I guess nothing wrong in having a perception which is unique than others. All the best for Alrtoz, wish it sells well

I'm a big fan of tata. I was expecting more since I liked all their designs since 2012 except nexon which again is overdone.
Few simple changes can make this car look good. EV version looks good because the black elements don't look exaggerated. They can simply remove them from the production version and it will look good. But again the dashboard looks bad with the protruding centre ac vents.

But again the dashboard looks bad with the protruding centre ac vents.
Subjective thing again. They wanted to maintain the look of the original 45x concept interior. I don't think it looks bad though. Only, it's not as wow inspiring as the Harrier. But still, it looks highest tech in segment.
2018-Tata-45X-Concept-Interior-06.jpg
IMG_20190305_155321.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 257791 View attachment 257792
It doesn't look eggshell AT ALL. It might be overdone in some places but still looks good overall and much better than Baleno which looks bland and unattractive. I think people are being too harsh. I believe this car would look better in person and has elements which make the looks grow over you with time.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz premium hatchback: 10 things you DON’T know about about the Maruti Baleno rival

Tata has officially unveiled the all-new Altroz, which will launch in the Indian market later this year. The all-new Altroz is based on the 45X concept, which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo in India. What the ten things that you should know about the upcoming Tata Altroz? Find them here.

Altroz_1-2.jpg

-No diesel engine
-Gets four airbags
-No drive modes
-Longer and wider than Baleno
-AC vents in the rear
-Instrument cluster inspired by Tata Harrier
-Weighs less than Tiago diesel
-First Tata to get the window-mounted handle
-Most affordable Tata to offer cruise control
-Will get an electrified version soon

Details:

Autocar says there will be three engine options
1.2 naturally aspirated
1.2 turbo with 100 bhp
1.5 diesel tuned down to suit the 5 speed gearbox
From one video mild hybrid switches can be seen so that's also there.
Weighs similar to tiago petrol
5 star ready platform( gncap)
Dashboard on the ev version has a glossy texture may be final production version may look good depending upon what kind of texture or colour they use there
Wheelbase is lesser than baleno and i20 so is the interior space
Pricing could be very aggressive

Tata Altroz premium hatchback: 10 things you DON’T know about about the Maruti Baleno rival

Tata has officially unveiled the all-new Altroz, which will launch in the Indian market later this year. The all-new Altroz is based on the 45X concept, which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo in India. What the ten things that you should know about the upcoming Tata Altroz? Find them here.

View attachment 257862

-No diesel engine
-Gets four airbags
-No drive modes
-Longer and wider than Baleno
-AC vents in the rear
-Instrument cluster inspired by Tata Harrier
-Weighs less than Tiago diesel
-First Tata to get the window-mounted handle
-Most affordable Tata to offer cruise control
-Will get an electrified version soon

Details:
No Drive modes?
Then what is the "leaves" button doing there behind the gear lever.?

Few things here
The car shown in Geneva is Geneva edition and not what it would be in India

Remove the blackened out rear lamps and black from boot lid and it would be the actual car

Check out the rear of Altoz EV and you will get the Idea of production car

The interior quality is better than Nexon in Altoz if not better than i20 and way above than baleno and at less cost

If someone can do the photoshop and remove the black part from rear boot please.

Black strip on the bonnet also should not be there.
Which black strip you are talking about

Another thing I want to highlight is that the model and black elements shown at Geneva could be done and made possible in JTP versions of Altroz as it was done in case of Tigor

The black lip of the bonnet. Another mistake is long headlights similar to vista. That Black lip makes the curved bonnet look squarish along with the long headlights and tall windscreen the front end looks like Reva.

602111000-Mahindra-Reva_6.jpg

aa.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom