Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

If we could get Polo GT in last decade why can't Tata bring Altroz with Nexon specs?

11.9 sec is respectable and surely no one will do this on regular basis however, it shows the potency of the engine
11. 9 comes close to skoda Rapid TDI.
20 to 80 & 40 to100 readings are more important in Indian practical life.

Will it be able to challenge the sales number of mighty i20 or Baleno?
You mean to say mighty sale numbers of i20 or Baleno.?

With DCT coming, they need some lee-way to place it on the top of the pile.

So dont be saddened by the power figures and the 0-100 time.
A quicker and more powerful Altroz is on its way. (No I dont have any source, Its a guesstimate. [:D])

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Today, one of our very close & family friend (known him since 2002) finally formalized the booking of XE Rhythm version in Gray. He went for the 1.2L Petrol engine. As he is a novice and this is his wife's first car so he told me to assist him (his wife had few reservations on TML brand). I happily did. The final price post the exchange of Hyundai Getz and some discounts came to 5.90L on road (Delhi). Today morning me & dad went there and finally I told him to get insurance from outside after which the deal settled at 5.57L (after deducting the booking amount paid yesterday). He had been using the Getz so was inclined for a i10 Nios but once when he sat in Altroz he was kind of blown away with the space & safety[:D] it offered over i10 Nios. In i10 he was getting the magma variant though. However, Altroz ticked all the boxes w.r.t safety, looks & space.

The estimated time given by SA for the delivery is 3-4 weeks. He was very happy with the way the deal closed and have advised the SA to share VIN post the allocation of the car followed by PDI. He was considering to buy alloys and the dealer accessory guy quoted 40K. I refused point blank. Being close to Lajpat Nagar car market, the alloys can be bought for 20K-25K and seat covers for another 8-10K. I have suggested him to buy them from a shop in Lajpat Nagar from whom even I bought alloys for my CITY back in 2014.

He had discussed his car purchase need with me and told me of the options he was considering. Cutting across the frill I stood with SAFETY FIRST and suggested him Altroz & Tiago because i10 Vs Tiago, there is no match to safety and Altroz Vs Nios i10 again no comparison on safety. So, today it finally was the Altroz which will be his new car. Safe & Smart choice[thumbswink]

Regards
Akash

So the prices are out, the XZ+ trim with all bling and features have been given to all engine options i.e. 1.2 NA, 1.2 iTurbo, and 1.5 Diesel.
The iTurbo sits 60000rs above the NA petrol and 50000 below Diesel. 60k premium justified? I think thats VFM.

IMG_20210123_115415.jpg

Image source: Tata Altroz official Instagram page.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2021 Tata Altroz iTurbo Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 7.73 Lakh

The newly introduced 2021 Tata Altroz iTurbo model has been launched in India, priced at ₹ 7.73 lakh to ₹ 8.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The prices are introductory and compare to the regular petrol variants the iTurbo trims are ₹ 60,000 more expensive. It is the new turbo petrol version of the premium hatchback, and Tata will offer the new iTurbo option in three variants - XT, XZ, and a newly introduced XZ+ trim. Tata has also introduced XZ+ variants for the regular petrol and diesel option which are priced at ₹ 8.25 lakh and ₹ 9.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

Read

Tata Altroz trolls Maruti Baleno & Hyundai i20 in Valentine’s Day TVC

Good, it was very necessary, and they (SA) need to send the clip to the prospective customers also,mere saying `Altroz is safe ` is not enough.
Never know, what if the clip war begins between the concerned automakers on ASS!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz makes it to India Book of Records for covering 1,603 kms in 24 hours

Tata Altroz has made it to the India Book of Records after covering a distance of 1,603 kilometres in 24 hours, the longest distance ever covered by a passenger vehicle in the country in this time frame. The journey saw a particular Altroz go from Satara to Bengaluru and then return to Pune between December 15 and December 16 of last year.
Tata-Altroz-record_2.jpg

The journey was undertaken by Pune resident Devjeet Saha who says that the Altroz was able to complete the 24-hour journey without any mechanical problems. "I am humbled to have been given the opportunity to embark on this landmark journey and am honored to have been inducted into the India Book of Records," he said. "The ride and handling of the car made the voyage not only comfortable but also an exhilarating one."

Tata Motors also celebrated the achievement and highlighted the ability of Altroz to handle a wide variety of challenges. "We are delighted that Mr. Saha chose the Altroz as his companion in embarking on the long journey to achieve this rare milestone," said Vivek Srivatsa, Head, Marketing, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors. "With this accomplishment, the Altroz has created yet another benchmark in the passenger vehicles segment and we hope that through achievements like these, we continue to build trust within our customers."

Source

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@DJ bro can you confirm from your sources on the waiting & allocation of the variant XE Rhythm Petrol? A close friend of mine upon my suggestion has booked the XE Rhythm Gray at Delhi on 18 Jan. Until now neither any allocation nor any further update is given to him about the proposed delivery. He has been chasing the dealer ever since the booking. He gave away his old Getz in exchange. He is now quite worried about the delay. The quoted waiting period was 3-5 weeks. I have on my part communicated with the TL & SA in person but they are sounding really helpless. On the dealer's end, the sad part is until the buyer calls to ask for update they don't bother to call him. They don't even have a loaner car. As per price protection policy, orders booked earlier than 21st Jan 2021, come under price protection and there can't be any change in color, variant or spec. My friend can't cancel the booking either as he wants the price protection. My point in this whole scenario is, as a sales guy, shouldn't the SA & TL push for atleast the allocation? Post allocation according to them, it takes a week for transit. Now, my friend is ready with the finances but the delay from dealer and ambiguous communications are hampering his trust in the brand and product. Need your view.

Dealer name: SAB Motors, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi
SA Name: Manish Arora
TL Name: Wasim
Buyer Name: AMIT Nahata.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom