Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Altroz spec details leaked:

Firstly no DCT at the time of launch. That i guess is a bummer. Should have had atleast now that Altroz has almost one year of running. Turbo and DCT would have sent it flying of showrooms. However, we have turbo petrol now producing 110PS power and 140 NM of torque. Good or rather great thing is torque is available for large band of 1500 to 5500 rpm. So the car should really be a fun to drive car with great pickup
Available in XT, XZ and XZ+ trims.

source:
New Tata Altroz iTurbo Variants, Features Leak - Silver Colour Discontinued (rushlane.com)

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Silver color might be discontinued and replaced by Blue. Also, there are plans for a XZ+ variant which will have a Sports mode and mobile phone access to lock unlock. How do I know I booked top end diesel today in Gray color for mom. Delivery expected mid Feb2021. 6 weeks waiting.

Regards
Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
To all present & future Altroz owners, IF you plan to install a gear lock then please ask the accessory guys of concerned dealership to inform you about the front passenger seat movement post fitting it as there can be a issue of front seat not going all the way forward.

Also, can any of you may suggest an alternative to gear lock for safety enhancement as my dad is a bit concerned on the same.

Regards
Akash

There is this
To all present & future Altroz owners, IF you plan to install a gear lock then please ask the accessory guys of concerned dealership to inform you about the front passenger seat movement post fitting it as there can be a issue of front seat not going all the way forward.

Also, can any of you may suggest an alternative to gear lock for safety enhancement as my dad is a bit concerned on the same.

Regards
Akash
There is this "J" shaped rod kind of thing that hooks around the steering wheel at one end and your clutch pedal or brake pedal at the other end fastened with a key lock in between.
I have been using such one for past 14 years but I dont need to use daily. If you are using daily, am not so sure whether it will get cumbersome.

There are quite a few good cars suffering because of lack of DCT eg. freestyle, Aspire, WRV etc probably due to fear of cannabilisation .. TATAs might be worried for Nexon sales figures because lot of people purchase cars looking at sales figures.

Altroz i-Turbo

Key Points:

1. Booking starts from tomorrow (14/01/2021) for Rs. 11000.
2. 1.2L Turbo charged petrol engine producing 110PS and 140Nm of torque.
3. Claimed 0-100 kmph timing of 11.9s.
4. 5-speed manual transmission.
5. Power to weight ratio of 100HP/Ton.
6. Price and delivery to commence on 22/01/2021.
7. Claimed fuel economy of 18.3kmpl.
8. Additional feature list (ira etc)
9. New black and grey Interior trim
10. Multi drive mode

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2021 Tata Altroz iTurbo Petrol Unveiled In India; Bookings Open

Tata-Altroz-Turbo-bookings.jpg

The much awaited Tata Altroz iTurbo petrol has finally been unveiled in India and we have been eagerly waiting for it ever since the Altroz was launched back in 2019. Now, the new Tata Altroz iTurbo is just a new variant in the model line-up so nothing has actually changes, except the new motor under the hood. It gets the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine sourced from Nexon facelift and in the Altroz it's been tuned to churn out 108 bhp and 140 Nm of peak torque. Just to give you an idea, this powertrain belts out 28 per cent more power and 24 per cent more torque than the naturally aspirated petrol motor and is paired to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. For those who are wondering, the 'i' in iTurbo stands for 'intelligent'. Tata claims that the Altroz iTurbo does the 0-100 kmph sprint in 11.9 seconds. Tata claims fuel efficiency of 18.13 kmpl on the iTurbo, in accordance with the MIDC cycle.

oqcmtufg_tata-altroz-review_625x300_09_December_19.jpg

Read

So finally Tata coming up with Turbo petrol altroz. this will surely be a good seller since these days petrol is more in demand. and the car is pretty loaded.

The car is claimed to do 0-100 in 11.9 sec that is pretty good number and engine is definitely on a peppier side. there were some leaks which had mentioned 13.2 sec and there was a lot of hue can cry on blog platform on how the number is subpar. Now this will surely ease the unnecessary doubts about the turbo engine. 11.9 sec is respectable and surely no one will do this on regular basis however, it shows the potency of the engine.

Also read else where, Altroz will get DCT automatic along with Sunroof later this year. So yeah, Tata is listnening to the customer feedback or rather taking note of the competition. Either ways its good to see some more luxury features being added to the car. Wish tata all the best with this new Altroz iteration.

So finally Tata coming up with Turbo petrol altroz. this will surely be a good seller since these days petrol is more in demand. and the car is pretty loaded.

The car is claimed to do 0-100 in 11.9 sec that is pretty good number and engine is definitely on a peppier side. there were some leaks which had mentioned 13.2 sec and there was a lot of hue can cry on blog platform on how the number is subpar. Now this will surely ease the unnecessary doubts about the turbo engine. 11.9 sec is respectable and surely no one will do this on regular basis however, it shows the potency of the engine.

Also read else where, Altroz will get DCT automatic along with Sunroof later this year. So yeah, Tata is listnening to the customer feedback or rather taking note of the competition. Either ways its good to see some more luxury features being added to the car. Wish tata all the best with this new Altroz iteration.
Apart from DCT Soon there will be an automatic which will be an EV
Altroz EV and then it will be the only hatchback with largest variant line up

Petrol NA
Petrol NA Auto
Petrol Turbo
Petrol Turbo Auto
Diesel Turbo
Diesel Turbo Auto
EV Auto

Wow! India's only EV hatchback

Will it be able to challenge the sales number of mighty i20 or Baleno?

Apart from DCT Soon there will be an automatic which will be an EV
Altroz EV and then it will be the only hatchback with largest variant line up
Will it be able to challenge the sales number of mighty i20 or Baleno?
Sorry for OT,
Well we are a tribe which are insatiable. We get a handsome looking ev, meaning its Have cake and eat it too along with Cherry. but no we want more. So list is
1. ziptron Tech just like Nexon ev,
2. Same zippy feel just like nexon ev
3. Range bit more close to 300km (real drive condition ) not like Nexon which we get around 200km. 300km driving range is decent range and can do highway runs easily
4. Bells and whistles
5. Great pricing just like nexon.

Top Bottom