Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

I don't know how many of them are test drive vehicles or is it just factory despatch. It's a quiet low figure considering it's price
If altroz and h2x won't sell I want tata to shut shop, let Indians buy Chinese that's what they really deserve. Almost all the top companies have shut shop, I want tata to follow suit. I don't think people will buy range rover with a tata badge even if it's priced at 15 Lakh. Tata is yet to understand the market only cars made by companies owned by people with a short nose will sell in this market and with economy doing bad resale value will be even more important, so no one can beat suzuki.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
how many of them are test drive vehicles or is it just factory despatch
The same situation applies to all other brands/models and not just Altros or any other Tata Cars. We are not sure whether the sales numbers given by the media or of actually sold to customers or just factory despatch. Mostly, the numbers are given by sales guys of the brand or some dealer guys but who knows the actual sales figures. Possible that some brands may be showing more numbers just to show the market that they are selling more than others?.

@Nairrk
Yes it's common these days to give high booking figures to show their cars are in demand, but as usual tata missed this trick
Sales figures I don't think there are any malpractices in it
Anyway altroz figures are low for the price point. It's too early to decide it's fate, will comment on it after six months.

@Nairrk
Anyway altroz figures are low for the price point. It's too early to decide it's fate, will comment on it after six months.
I would say these are good figures if you discount some 1500 cars (my guess) as dealership cars, still 3000 people are putting their money on a newly minted Tata on a brand new platform.
They need to work on a new TVC soon as the current TVC shows the car in an animated form (Probably prepared before launch). A sensational design like Altroz needs the sun in all its glory to highlight those understated curves.
Tata will have to understand that it takes time to erase the past in Indian market and they don't have yet the global pull of a brand like KIA.
I am quite happy with the marketing blitz this time around.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz Petrol mileage test in the city & on the highway [Video]

Here we have a video that does a fuel economy test of the Altroz both on highway and in city traffic conditions.

First video is the mileage or the fuel economy test on the highway. The Altroz used in the video is a petrol version which uses a 1.2 litre naturally aspirated engine. Driver is doing a tankful to tankful method which is the best way to know the exact figure in terms of fuel economy.

In the second video, he follows the same procedures, fills up from a petrol pump, resets metre and drives it in city conditions where his average speed is not above 25 kmph.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz 1.2 turbo-petrol variant spied testing

tata-altroz-exterior0.jpg

Tata Motors has begun testing the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol variant of the Altroz. In December last year, we had confirmed that the company is working on a new variant of the premium hatchback that will also be offered with a DCT unit apart from the five-speed manual transmission.

As seen in the spy images, the exterior of the Tata Altroz test-mule is completely wrapped in camouflage although there are no visible changes to the design or addition of features. A sticker on the front windshield of the vehicle, as seen in the image above, reveals the details of the test-mule, including the X451 model codename and engine specifications, given as 1.2 VGTC BSVI. In essence, this test-mule is running on a 1.2-litre variable geometry turbocharged BS6 engine.

tata-altroz-exterior1.jpg

Read:

View attachment 271574

Tata Motors has begun testing the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol variant of the Altroz. In December last year, we had confirmed that the company is working on a new variant of the premium hatchback that will also be offered with a DCT unit apart from the five-speed manual transmission.

As seen in the spy images, the exterior of the Tata Altroz test-mule is completely wrapped in camouflage although there are no visible changes to the design or addition of features. A sticker on the front windshield of the vehicle, as seen in the image above, reveals the details of the test-mule, including the X451 model codename and engine specifications, given as 1.2 VGTC BSVI. In essence, this test-mule is running on a 1.2-litre variable geometry turbocharged BS6 engine.

View attachment 271575

Read:
Now that a good catch, that means that Tata is readying the higher powered petrol Altroz. So Tata have taken the feedback from people and are working towards plonking a powerful engine in altroz. Hope they launch this variant when the new I20 is launched. icing on the cake will be if they launch the automatic as well with similar power. Though I am saying all this, I won't be in the market for this car, I am more of a suv person. So This car, though its a stunning beautiful car, but may probably never be in my garage.

View attachment 271574

View attachment 271575

Read:
It seems, Tata is also adding Blue color shade in Altroz. One of the test mule is in the Tectonic Blue shade.

Today I saw Top end ALTROZ and it did look fantastic. look pretty well built and looked like the Volvo from behind. The dual tone with Black accent really makes the car stand out. Loved the car. But will I buy that car, probably no. I will go for Nexon EV or Harrier or Maybe Tata Willing the new Safari if and when it comes.

Checked out the Altroz as a replacement for my Celerio which is now at 80k kms. Considering the XZ petrol.

Things which I liked :
1. Exterior looks
2. Interiors are plush , i felt better than i20 and the Nexon
3. Spacious and airy cabin. Nexon felt cramped in comparison . Also the rear headroom is good , in Nexon it almost touched my hair. (i am 5'10")
4. Premium dashboard and roof lining
5. Nice sporty steering wheel
6. Front seats firm and supportive
7. Ample leg space
8. Drivers armrest with underneath storage space
9. R16 alloys
10. Huge glove compartment
11. Large 345 L boot with boot light and 2 hooks
12. Instrument cluster display is innovative but could require some getting used to.

Things which could be better :
1. Rear seats are a bit too erect for my liking. Nexons seats are like cozy sofas in comparison.
2. Interior lights could have been at the center rather than at the drivers end
3. Dashboard can be a bit on the higher side for shorter persons . (Not a problem at my height)

Looking for a test drive sometime soon.

TA1.jpg

TA2.jpg

TA3.jpg

TA5.jpg

TA6.jpg

TA7.jpg

TA8.jpg

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz’s new TVC highlights 5 star safety rating

The video shows small clips from the crash test rating that was conducted by Global NCAP. In this test dummies are kept on all the seats of the car and the car hits an object at a certain speed that mimics an accident. Various data is collected from the body of the car, impact of accident on the dummies and cars and then finally it is given a score.

In this car, Altroz went through the same process and as seen in the video. The front of the car had absorbed all the impact and the cabin of the car remained intact keeping the passengers safe. As soon as the car hit the object, the airbags also deployed which again ensured passenger safety. The A, B and C pillar of the car remained intact and that shows how much Tata has worked to make this a safe car.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz takes a dig at Baleno, i20, Glanza in Father’s Day TVC Video

On the occasion of Father’s Day, Tata Motors has released a new TVC video, which highlights their newly launched Altroz – and at the same time, taking a dig at its rivals. The video has been aptly given the title ‘The Daddy Of Premium Hatchbacks’.

At first glance, some might miss the play of words shown in the Altroz Father’s Day commercial. But those who are following auto industry, will find it difficult to miss. The video starts with a silhouette of Baleno, with the words ‘In the Game of Design’. Next slide shows, ‘You wanna play Bal?’

The focus being on the word Bal. One would wonder for a moment, why would there be a spelling mistake. But no, the next slide of the video shows ‘eNo one got time for that’. Thereby mentioning Baleno in their video. Similarly, the video also mentions other two cars, Hyundai i20 and Toyota Glanza. You can watch the video below.

From praising the design of Altroz to is 5 star Global NCAP rated safety standard, Tata ends the TVC video with the caption that basically implies that Altroz is the Daddy of Premium hatchbacks in India. Looks fun on video, but only time will tell if Altroz does manage to eat the market share of the trio – Maruti Baleno, Hyundai i20 and Toyota Glanza.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz’s latest TVC highlights the car’s 5 star safety standard

Here we have a TVC from Tata Motors for the Altroz that highlights the safety aspect of their premium hatchback. The Altroz is the only car in the segment to have scored a full 5 stars in the Global NCAP crash test ratings.

The video as mentioned above has been uploaded by Tata Motors on their official youtube channel. The video simply shares all the features that it has to offer. Starting with the 90 degree wide opening doors for easy ingress and egress. The touchscreen infotainment screen that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It come with other features like ambient lighting on dashboard, multi-function steering wheel and so on.

Read:

Top Bottom