Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol vs Compact SUV

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I am a bit confused between Altroz Turbo Petrol XZ/XZ+ and a compact SUV like Nexon. My wife and I have different thoughts.
I would love a feature loaded hatchback whereas she wants a compact SUV with a good road presence eg. Nexon.(we may go for the higher versions in Nexon for the features).

Some details below:
1. Budget 10-11L. (Can be increased if the compact SUV is the only way forward)
2. Use case: 500 kms a month for office purpose.
Occasional Mumbai- Pune, Pune- Alibaug, Pune Ratnagiri, Pune Goa.
3. My height: 5 feet 7 inches, Wife: 5 feet 2 inches.
4. Estimated ownership timespan 6-7 years
5. This is going to be our first car. Decent driving experience in the past.
6. Petrol only
Need Suggestions and some expert opinions :)

Last edited:
Looking at your driving purpose which is mostly for in-city commuting, I think Altroz would be more suitable option. Marginally better mileage and driveability compared to Nexon in Pune traffic (It is getting worse day by day [angry], I'm from Pune too). Also in the same budget, you can get more features with higher variant of Altroz.

If highway running is more then definitely Nexon. [:)]

Logically comparing, the higher Variants of Nexon are simply better than the Altroz. Better space, performance, comfort, Features and you also have additional active safety features like ESP, hill hold, etc as standard on the Nexon, which aren't even offered on the XZ+ Altroz iTurbo. (A fact which disappointed me with the Altroz turbo)
Features like 60:40 spilt rear seat, Thicker tyres, 16" spare wheel are also considerable benefits apart from the huge GC.
You can also get the option of Sunroof on the Nexon.
For me, the Nexon it is.

. My wife and I have different thoughts.
I would love a feature loaded hatchback whereas she wants a compact SUV with a good road presence
2. Use case: 500 kms a month for office purpose.

6. Petrol only
Need Suggestions and some expert opinions :)
Yesterday, was travelling behind a WHITE altroz, boy o boy what a road presence! I immidietly started drooling over it. Followed it, overtook it, watched the side profile, front, felt like upmarket western car in the white color. Do check Altroz in white flesh.

For 500 km /month run turbo petrol is the best choice, at signals it will be more fun to go ahead of the crowd. Altroz diesel performance is mediocre as compared to Nexon D.

Top Bottom