Tata AIG Auto Insurance - Terrible Support

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Perhaps, I would have never created this thread if the situation had not reached to this point of inconvenience. Well the story goes like this - My car’s insurance is expiring today and I had contacted TATA-AIG about a month ago, well in advance. If some of you remember, My car’s ECU and MP3 was involved in a theft attempt for which I tried an insurance claim BUT later drew off due to some reasons. Now, since there was no claim at all, I have requested for No Claim Bonus (NCB). Just, this is where the journey of hassles begins. Tata-AIG support advised me to drop a mail to their official E-Mail ID with confirmation that the claim was not availed. Alright, I done so. Soon, a week passed quietly without any information. So, upon contacting them, they ask to E-Mail once again because the earlier mail was not received (Although I got an auto-responder mail that confirms the mail was successfully sent).

No problem. I shot the E-Mail again. Still, no response at all even after contacting several times. Today, yet again called them up and thankfully, someone picked up the phone. They promised that one of their agents will come at my place by 1:00 PM but right now, the scenario is that I am waiting and no one has reached until now but best of my efforts are still going on. However, I personally think that their services are rather getting worse with the time. They may appear to be attractive with new car insurance, but if it comes to renewing the insurance of an old car, not much is going to work out. I am seriously considering switching to some other company, which is professional enough and offers something called Peace of Mind.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was planning to take Tata AIG for my i10 because of the zero depriciation policy. Looks like I have to search elsewhere. BTW the best insurance is from the PSU companies. Only thing is they don't have such plans.

i too feel the same and hence can easily conclude that PSUs are much better in doing these things than the private banks.
just in order to capture the market they set customer expectation, try to give every possible service so that the new car's insurance comes to them, but care the least for the older cars.
-----------Next Post-----------
as i have seen, i feel you can directly get to the office of oriental insurance or new india insurance and get your insurance done from them on the spot.

Last edited:
Vibhor, for renewal purpose, you can try their website, Tata-AIG has option to renew online without any agents.

I am surprised to see the response. My experience is pretty good with Tata-AIG.

I beleive in one & only National Insurance.
All the Nationalised Insurance Companies are good. All our vehicles are insured with United India except the bullet (I didn't have the old policy from the previous owner and so United refused to insure it). Got it done with IFFCO TOKIO. Will change to United this year.
I only wanted TATA AIG for the zero depriciation policy. Now I have to live with HDFC ERGO for a year.
Anyway one should avoid ICICI & Reliance insurance like plague. The always look for the smallest excuse to deny paying the claim.

I never faced any trouble with any of the insurance companies so far. My City is insured with New India Insurance, Alto with Maruti Insurance and my Stunner with Future Generalli.
@350Z- Has the issue been resolved now?

All the Nationalised Insurance Companies are good. All our vehicles are insured with United India except the bullet (I didn't have the old policy from the previous owner and so United refused to insure it). Got it done with IFFCO TOKIO. Will change to United this year.
I only wanted TATA AIG for the zero depriciation policy. Now I have to live with HDFC ERGO for a year.
Anyway one should avoid ICICI & Reliance insurance like plague. The always look for the smallest excuse to deny paying the claim.
@ Peter: I can't understand the Zero depriciation.
If you will be paying premium for the same IDV of the vehicle you will end up paying more as in 1st year.
IDV decreases yearly as the vehicle becomes old, So the premium too.

@ Peter: I can't understand the Zero depriciation.
If you will be paying premium for the same IDV of the vehicle you will end up paying more as in 1st year.
IDV decreases yearly as the vehicle becomes old, So the premium too.
When you have an accident you get only 50% on plastic parts. This policy gives you 100% on plastic parts. Bulbs, nuts, bolts, fluids are not covered.

My dad knows an insurance agent very well so no problems for us so far. Both our Safari and Verna are insured with TATA-AIG only. No claims so far , experience is good. My Pulsar is insured with United India insurance. Again no problems with it so far.

@ 350Z I think their response is not good as your car is old now.

My dad knows an insurance agent very well so no problems for us so far.
In my case, i know my agent very well!

@ 350Z I think their response is not good as your car is old now.
If this is the case, then it is really disgusting on the part of the company. I dont think they should treat their customers on the basis of the age of their vehicles. Ideally they should do their work as long as they are getting the premiums on time.

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
After some efforts, the problem has been now solved, and they have insured the car but maybe this is the last time I am dealing with them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Guys,

Good to hear they have resolved your issue.

Recently I have posted of an Accident to my i10, still the Claim process is under way.

I had an Car Insurance with Reliance General Insurance. They are good so far on Starting the claim process but I doubt how they fare in the over all process.

Any one of you have any good Experience with Reliance Car Insurance??

Can any of you list down the best Car Insurance Options with Cash Less service available in India.

For plastic parts is it allways 50-50 share with every car insurer or any Insurances have a better share??

Hello Krajubh welcome to TAI. Sorry to hear about your accident and hope your claim process turns out good.

AFAIK TATA-AIG offers 100% value even for plastic parts!

Top Bottom