TAI's First Int'l Meet in Bangkok!

Thread Starter #17
Ah ok, you will get what you want!
Here it goes:
Saravanan sent me a message on Facebook about the climate and tourist attractions of Thailand. I sent him what he asked and just happened to ask him whether he is coming to Thailand anytime soon. He replied that yes, his family is coming on 22nd of June. But instead of coming to the city, he will go straight to Pattaya, which is another very famous tourist attraction. He hired a Toyota Camry limousine and went there. He had by then sent me his number. As soon as I got it, I called Saravanan up. But I got no answer. I thought maybe he gave wrong number. But a few minutes later, I heard the song 21 Guns-Greenday and realized my phone was ringing. I picked up and realized that Saravanan had called. He said that he had already reached Pattaya and was just reaching his hotel in Pattaya. He said that he would be reaching BKK on the 25th of June. Also at the same time, my cousins came over. Also I had to help my dad's friend to organize his daughter's wedding. So I had some time until 25 th to tour my cousins around the city. As soon as 25th of June came, I called up Saravanan. He said he will be arriving late night like around 22:00-22:30. I told him that I can't meet in the night because I would be busy with the wedding. I am free all day but nighttime was busy time. So He was also busy during day as he had to go shopping with his family. 2 days went by with no contact.But on 27th, he had called me at around 19:30. I couldn't hear him because the wedding procession was going on. But I sent Saravanan a SMS that I cant talk now because I am busy with the wedding. So he replied that he would call in the morning next day. As he said, he did call today. I was having breakfast in the hotel with all the wedding guests. Coincidently, the wedding hotel, Dusit Thani was very close to Saravanan's hotel. It was barely 10-15 minutes drive. So I told him that I would meet him in 1 hour or so. As I promised, I reached late. I called Saravanan up to inform him that I have reached his hotel. He came down and we sat in the lobby. We introduced each other and then Balachandar also came down. We talked for 1 and half hour about random stuff. Both brothers asked me about Bangkok and famous places in Bangkok. I told them. Then Balachandar also told me that the reason he doesnt come too much online on TAI is that he is quite busy with his work. Also, he is going to UK for studies. We bid each other goodbye and we then went our seperate ways. As I write this, they are on the flight to Chennai.

I look weird in the pic because I had fallen down so I just got up and the person took the pic. Guess the brothers!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
That's the spirit! A small yet successful meet. Congratulations. I've seen Balachandar (Crazy Cat) before, He's on left. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #23
This was not a meet.
Meet is meant to be fun, and this was anything but fun.
well, we didnt have the time to have fun. But we did have fun in the talks. I would have taken them to some exotic car showrooms had the time permitted.

Top Bottom