Tata Tigor Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Initial Observations about Ride & Handling, Steering, Tyre(s) & A.B.C Pedals Feedback

IMG_0627.JPG

20170821_161854.jpg

IMG_0622.JPG

Tigor comes equipped with power steering having a tilt feature. This was the first thing I used when I drove the car. With the steering adjusted higher, the drive position is commanding and though the steering felt slightly small in size yet the feedback was very good within the speed range of 60-80 km/h. In the short span of driving this car, I have noted that the steering operation was smooth and turning it in tight corners was a breeze. As it is the car has compact size and with a agile steering wheel, driving it becomes a pleasure. Coming to the ride and handling, this has been the plus point in Tigor specifically as in terms of ride, the suspension is well balanced and whether in front or at back, the occupants won't feel any harsh jerks and bumps. I have so far used the car on good and partly rough roads and it passes on them with ease. Small potholes and high speed breakers don't bother it thanks to the raised ground clearance of 170mm. I am loving the ground clearance of this car since my CITY Ivtec has quite poor ground clearance. Equipped with Corner Stability Control, at the photo session location, I tried to check it's manners in cornering and honestly I have nothing to complain. Talking of the Clutch and Brakes, to me the clutch felt light with a small travel range and though I driven it in open roads with less traffic, this smooth clutch definitely helps in faster and easy slotting of gears. About the brakes, Tigor gets Front Disc and Rear Drum brakes which are responsive and precise. The addition of ABS makes the braking very assuring. Initially in the first 3-4 days when I drove the car, comparing to my CITY, the Tigor's brakes were a little low on the initial bite which I have not experienced in my CITY for the last many years. Apart from that, brakes are good. Another thing, I noticed was that all the 3 pedals are placed quite close to each other and the dead pedal isn't of much use to me. I wished the space between the pedals should have been more so as to further improve the overall driving experience.

Coming to Tyre(s): Being the Top End Petrol Model, my car gets 175/60 Size Tyre with a 15 inch Alloy with Bridgestone Rubber. The ride with the bridgestone has been very nice so far and the road noise is reasonably low. The grip of these on road has been quite good and the bumps / potholes also are not felt much. Comparing them with the CEAT 175 Section Tyre(s) in my CITY, I would say Bridgestone Tyre is couple of notches higher in overall performance. Now I know why many buyers go in for Bridgestone Tyre(s) while buying a car. Thankfully mine came equipped with them. The alloys are 5 Spoke one and look quite elegant with the Silver color. I love their design and finishing and they come with 4 nuts design. The spare wheel in Tigor is a non-alloy even in XZO variant. The Air Pressure for all the 5 Tyre(s) is 36PSI and I am using Nitrogen in them instead of normal air.

IMG_0583.JPG

20170822_170727.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What I Liked in Tata Tigor

1) VFM Product.

2) Equipped with all safety features like Airbags, ABS etc. This is what I actually gained in Tigor XZO after selling my Maruti Esteem VXI.

3) Superb Exterior Design

4) Interiors are notch higher in terms of design if compared to competitors.

5) Seating is comfortable with good headroom and legroom.

6) Egress and Ingress better than my Esteem.

7) Ground Clearance much better than my Honda CITY IVtec.

8) Provision of 15 inch Alloys & 175 Section Tubeless Tyre(s) in Petrol XZO model.

9) Auto AC is fabulous. It cools the cabin really fast.

10) Projector lights are far better than the headlights of my Honda CITY.

11) Harman ICE Sound Quality is very good. In-cabin speakers and tweeters are a welcome move.

12) Provision of Boot Cladding from inside. Forget about the segment, my 2011 CITY doesn't have it.

13) A Vibrant choice of 6 body colors. Mine had to be by default Silver only.

14) Good Paint Quality

What Can be Improved.

1) In-cabin finishing not upto the mark at many places like the knitted roof liner on edges

2) Misaligned glove box

3) Insulation on doors need to be fixed properly.

4) Only 1 reverse light and no rear fog lamp.

5) Malfunctioning of Fuel Flap in my car.

6) No Glove box illumination.

7) Hood Lever could have been more aesthetically placed.

8) Wiring under the foot-well could have been better covered.

9) Dealer's Cleaning Guys not doing a good job.

10) No smart key sensors in top variant.

11) A Petrol AMT option in XZ or XZO could be good.

12) FM reception in my locality goes dead.

13) The AC Fan sound increases when at speed 5 and 6.

14) Accelerator, Brake & Clutch Pedals are too close to each other.

Parting Shots of my Tata Tigor XZO Petrol

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

Doc1-1.jpg

So, Finally as the review is finally over now, I wish to thank each one of you who took the pains to go through this lengthy review. Can't help, it's a TAIger's Car!

Regards

Akash

Awesome review Akash. Worth the time spent. Car looks fab. My tips for improving your FE-
- Stop the engine if a long signal is on.
- If you still want to idle due to AC running, switch to Eco mode (to save fuel) and then switch back to City mode while driving.
- use Eco mode in crawling traffic in first gear. Use eco mode in time taking parkings.
- The FE in first two Gears is horrible so try to switch to third and above asap.
- Drive without AC if weather is good as AC takes more than average toll on FE in this car.

Tiago has 2 reverse Lights. Why did Tata provide only 1 in Tigor. Is there a wattage difference?

Also Akash you don't need to use those old school door knobs. Car doors get auto locked sbove 10kmph (Safety feature) and to open all you can just use a gentle pull on driver side door handle.

That ticket holder is a life saver. It makes life so convenient when you're taking multiple toll tickets and can put the latest in that.

I have done 3.6K now. Not faced any major issues till now.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Brilliant ownership review, Akash. Most comprehensive I've ever read. Heartiest congrats on the Tigor.
350Z
Thanks a lot Vibhor. I hope the review shall be of help to others too. Looking forward Vibhor for the TAI sticker to make my car officially a "TAIger's Car".

Congrats @Akash, on your Tigor, it looks very nice in this shade.

A complete comprehensive guide to future Tigor buyers.
Thanks Sir. I tried to cover as much as possible in this short time of ownership. Will update on it as regularly as possible.

Congrats Akash on your new acquisition.
Wishing you miles of safe and happy motoring.
Thanks Mukesh.[:D]

Congrats Akash for your Tigor. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks a ton bro.

Awesome review Akash. Worth the time spent. Car looks fab. My tips for improving your FE-
- Stop the engine if a long signal is on.
- If you still want to idle due to AC running, switch to Eco mode (to save fuel) and then switch back to City mode while driving.
- use Eco mode in crawling traffic in first gear. Use eco mode in time taking parkings.
- The FE in first two Gears is horrible so try to switch to third and above asap.
- Drive without AC if weather is good as AC takes more than average toll on FE in this car.
Thanks a lot Abhishek. I will take note of these tips and use them as required buddy.

Tiago has 2 reverse Lights. Why did Tata provide only 1 in Tigor. Is there a wattage difference?
Have to check on this with the dealer again.

Also Akash you don't need to use those old school door knobs. Car doors get auto locked sbove 10kmph (Safety feature) and to open all you can just use a gentle pull on driver side door handle.
Indeed as I drove it in morning today, I did observe it. To open or close all locks the driver side lever does the work.

That ticket holder is a life saver. It makes life so convenient when you're taking multiple toll tickets and can put the latest in that.

I have done 3.6K now. Not faced any major issues till now.
All the best for the future bud. I also hope that my car should give me a hassle free ownership. Although it wont be driven much by myself (chauffeur there) yet I don't want repeated ASC visits.

Regards

Akash

Great review as usual Akash ji. Kudos for your efforts in bringing this out in a short time span. Now we can safely delay Vipul's official review for few more weeks [:D]. My best wishes to clock millions of happy miles with your Tigor. Please do update us regularly on mileage, highway manners, etc once your engine runs in.
I have a few observations:
1. Never knew rear wipers are excluded in Tigor. This is another surprise after knowing the empty rear fog lamp housing.
2. Steering Controls: You can also change audio tracks (Previous/Next) and seek (fast ff/rw) using the source button.
3. Black color AC vents are available in all but copper & red Tigors if I am not wrong.
4. Please check if this engineering menu shortcut works on your Tigor and update us.

Thread Starter #42

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Great review as usual Akash ji. Kudos for your efforts in bringing this out in a short time span. Now we can safely delay Vipul's official review for few more weeks. My best wishes to clock millions of happy miles with your Tigor. Please do update us regularly on mileage, highway manners, etc once your engine runs in.
Thanks a lot buddy. I am glad you all loved it. I shall be updating it as regularly as possible. For highway drives, I am sticking with CITY as of now and keep this one for local runs and NCR drives. Also, our official review too will be coming soon.

I have a few observations:
1. Never knew rear wipers are excluded in Tigor. This is another surprise after knowing the empty rear fog lamp housing.
I guess it wasn't possible to fix a rear wiper in Tigor being a compact sedan. Fog Lamp without bulb was surely a shocker! I'll try out something in it later on.

2. Steering Controls: You can also change audio tracks (Previous/Next) and seek (fast ff/rw) using the source button.
Oh great! Though I am not really into this but surely will try out. Also, I miss the remote for the ICE as I hate pressing all these buttons. I am more comfortable using a remote but it is not provided.

3. Black color AC vents are available in all but copper & red Tigors if I am not wrong
Actually before delivery I drove Copper Color Tigor, Saw a Red Tigor as display model in showroom and both had color coordinated AC vents. In Silver I particularly liked the Black finish on them since colored ones look a bit loud. Haven't really explored the Blue and Espresso Brown or White Tigor so far.

4. Please check if this engineering menu shortcut works on your Tigor and update us.
Will surely check out soon buddy and let you know.

Many congratulations
Amazing details , nicely written and covered everything
I am happy you found it worthy buddy.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Congrats on the Tigor Akash! I also got the opportunity to spend 2 days fully with the media car. And I truly fell in love with it. If only it had an AMT option right now, it would be playing best supporting actor role to the Ertiga.

The space is mind boggling. The features is amazing. The looks (I had in copper color) catches attention everywhere. The ride+handling combo is sublime.

Couple issues I found was:
1. same as you, I found the interior to be stunning but it had the same glovebox issue.

2. the Multimedia unit had lots of bugs. Sometimes it didnt play music from bluetooth and it required a restart of car.

3. Eco mode is just strictly for pottering around and no overtakes. Eco mode should have a little more pep.

Rest, its a brilliant package. And I absolutely fell in love and your car also looks super amazing!

Top Bottom