TAIgers Pets Help & Discussions

A couple more from the archives. Henry is our grandson and the photo was taken during his visit here for the "Annaprashan" ceremony.

My Pet collections
Hello there, that's a great collection of pets! Correct me if I'm wrong, but crustaceans are supposed to have a long life, right? Or am I thinking of sea turtles?

And how are they doing now? What is the usual diet you give them? It's great to see that there are pet lovers here who look beyond the stereotype.

Attachments

Re: TAI Member Pet's Help and Discussions!

Dear members, I'm being offered a pug, with a choice between black and Vodafone color.

My query, how easy or difficult are they to maintain, do they need to be kept in A/c room in the north Indian summer, how much of a headache is it, I already have a fish aquarium to take care of.

Regards

Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Dear members, I'm being offered a pug, with a choice between black and Vodafone color.
I would say Vodafone color[lol] is good one.

My query, how easy or difficult are they to maintain, do they need to be kept in A/c room in the north Indian summer, how much of a headache is it, I already have a fish aquarium to take care of.
Sir toughest to handle are Huskies and St. Bernard breed. They often need cool surroundings but Pugs are more adoptable to our weather and easy on maintenance. Their size is small too so can be easily covered in blanket and made to sleep on the bed too. Cute little fellows they are!

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

I was in Meerut today morning for a family function. Over there, outside my cousin's house, met these 2 adorable pups. I cannot control myself when I see cute little pups and kittens. Fed them with entire pack of biscuits. I played with both and kept one of them on the roof of my car[:)]. Simply adorable morning[:D]!

20170227_101431.jpg

20170227_101439.jpg

20170227_101355.jpg

20170227_101400.jpg

Regards

Akash

Buddies,

I was in Meerut today morning for a family function. Over there, outside my cousin's house, met these 2 adorable pups. I cannot control myself .......
Regards
Akash
That was great, Akash - my sentiments exactly! Seeing stray pups gambolling on the roadside is one of our pastimes too - as you said, irresistible!
Regards,
Shashanka

Akash1886

Honoured Member

That was great, Akash - my sentiments exactly! Seeing stray pups gambolling on the roadside is one of our pastimes too - as you said, irresistible!
Sir, these moments add up to unforgettable memories in our lives. I can spend hours together with pups and kittens playing with them. Had 7 strays with me and as of today, 1 is still with me. All they need is true love, care and affection.

Regards

Akash

Sir, these moments add up to unforgettable memories in our lives. I can spend hours together with pups and kittens playing with them. Had 7 strays with me and as of today, 1 is still with me. All they need is true love, care and affection.
Regards
Akash
Spot on! True love, care & affection is just what is needed. We can think of just one additional input - patience. Patience seems to pay extra-ordinary dividends - it is as tho' these folks can easily communicate with us on their own level! The fact is that my wife seems to have an unusual amount of patience & an ability to infer their communication! - I have to admit that, tho' my quota of love matches hers, my patience often runs short!

Regards,
Shashanka

Another update from me, (After the NMG Nano, and the RR Hood Jupiter) this time the Fish Aquarium got it cleaned professionally by the guy from whom I bought it in July 2016.

He changed the corroded and blocked tubes for the Air vents, the tank is as good as new, my fishes & tortoise happy.

Expenses Rs.300/-

Another update from me, (After the NMG Nano, and the RR Hood Jupiter) this time the Fish Aquarium got it cleaned professionally by the guy from whom I bought it in July 2016.
He changed the corroded and blocked tubes for the Air vents, the tank is as good as new, my fishes & tortoise happy.
Expenses Rs.300/-
Hello Vinod,

I'm looking forward to photos of the aquarium as well as the pug. Which colour did you opt for? An extra-ordinary breed, the pug - I read a Japanese owner (I think) describing his pug as "a lot of dog in a small package"! The pug may be small in size but has immense character!

Hello Vinod,

I'm looking forward to photos of the aquarium as well as the pug. Which colour did you opt for? An extra-ordinary breed, the pug - I read a Japanese owner (I think) describing his pug as "a lot of dog in a small package"! The pug may be small in size but has immense character!
Hello Shashanka Sir,

Attaching the updated Aquarium pic, and thanks for the encouragement.
DSC_0680.JPG

Regarding the Pug, I was to get it from my Bahu's house in Lucknow, but my children dissuaded me, as its a high maintenance dog, A/c and what not, aur Kanpur ki bijli is another kahani, with the fishes and my plants, my hobbies are full.

My wife's teacher friend has taken one of these pugs, so lets see.

Regards

Vinod

Hello Shashanka Sir,
Attaching the updated Aquarium pic, and thanks for the encouragement.
View attachment 223909

Regarding the Pug, I was to get it from my Bahu's house in Lucknow, but my children dissuaded me, as its a high maintenance dog, A/c and what not, aur Kanpur ki bijli is another kahani, with the fishes and my plants, my hobbies are full.
My wife's teacher friend has taken one of these pugs, so lets see.
Regards
Vinod

The aquarium looks terrific - this one is large! We are used to seeing small ones at some of our neighbours' homes. And, yes it looks neat, clean and well-kept - the fish certainly look happy & cheerful![:)] We have never had fishes as pets - how time-consuming is the dekh-bhal and well-being routine? If it is serious business, then you have made the right decision in postponing going in for the pug. And you are right about the bijli ki sthithi in our beloved state - tho' I have to admit that the state of power supply in Lucknow is not as bad as it used to be a couple of years ago!

Last edited:

The aquarium looks terrific - this one is large! We are used to seeing small ones at some of our neighbours' homes. And, yes it looks neat, clean and well-kept - the fish certainly look happy & cheerful![:)] We have never had fishes as pets - how time-consuming is the dekh-bhal and well-being routine? If it is serious business, then you have made the right decision in postponing going in for the pug. And you are right about the bijli ki sthithi in our beloved state - tho' I have to admit that the state of power supply in Lucknow is not as bad as it used to be a couple of years ago!
Thanks Sir for your kind words, fishes are not as high maintenance, as some of our better half's, hehehe, it becomes a routine after a while, first thing after getting up, switch off the filter and air pump, give a spoon of fish feed, and Tortoise feed, that's it, attend to your other duties, come back and switch on after 2 hours.

Drain the water once a fortnight or if the water starts smelling, refill I use submersible water.

I put a tiny piece of rock salt, once a week, and the blue and yellow liquid also.

The only problem arises when I go out of town, have trained my maid, and my neighbor son, so far so good.

Top Bottom