TAIgers Pets Help & Discussions

Re: TAI Member Pet's Help and Discussions!

My car's rodent protection system has been upgraded.
[clap] Our cat came with her little kid.
View attachment 175422

View attachment 175423
That's nice to have up-gradation with cuteness[clap],

Just a piece of advice, please make sure they are not under your car or in the wheel arches whenever you start, cats have practice to be in a warm place and they find heat sources in cars mainly.

Hi guys,

This Friday, I will be driving my Nano from Pune to Nasik via NH50. My only co-passenger will be my 6 year old Lab dog. I will be leaving at 6 in the morning to avoid traffic. Any useful suggestions/tips is most welcome.

Rahul,
refer post #310, i have never taken my dog in my car , but i think dogs vomit.
It is better to have someone in the rear seat to pet the dog .Dogs get stressed if it is its their first time . Dont forget the leash so that you can give toilet breaks for the dog.
I highly suggest you take another passenger so that the dog wont panic and affect your driving. Ask user- superhornet for good tips.

Hi Chevrolet.

Thanks for your response. My dog has habit of travelling in the car. Am going to give him a medicine recommended by our Vet which will keep him silent throughout the journey. The situation is, I don't have another passenger to take with me. Its only my dog and me. I am going to take the below with me:

1) Water bottle
2) His bowl so that whenever I stop I give him water to drink and take for a short walk.
3) Leash
4) T-shirt which he will wear during the journey. Hairfall is a problem he is facing. (AC will be on 100% of the time).
5) Dog biscuits
6) Bedsheet which will cover the back seat. My dog will be sitting on back seat through out the journey.

Cheers

Wow! What a surprise to find this forum. I am really delighted. We do have few pets at home. Credit to my wife and daughter.
The white Dog(Zoey) came under the vehicle on a rainy day while my wife was returning from office. She was a puppy and later we realized she had issues with walking as the ligaments on both the legs were not proper. After 4 operations and spending around 50K she is able to walk now. She is a Lhasa Apso mix breed.

Toto(Black one ) is a Yorkshire terrier and extremely smart and adjusting. Walks with me where ever I go without a leash and comfortable on my Bullet tank while riding.

The Cat , Kittu (I call him Kittu Matre) was also found on the road dying and being eaten by ants. Docs gave up after initial inspection but my daughter was not ready to give up on him. She lives happy among the dogs now and most of the time Kittu has the final say!
IMG_20150923_003856.jpg

Birds are an imported breed. Cant get the actual name. Very friendly and roams in the house and can don't fly out as their wings are trimmed.
IMG_20150916_001229.jpg
It is real fun having them around. Another reason for buying Scoprio as well

shijose,
It is very kind of you to adopt these animals, if everyone adopts atleast one animal there wont be problem of stray animals. PETA campaigns people to adopt animals rather than buying them, but most buy animals and support a unhealthy industry.And please be careful with the dog when you take it on your motorcycle.

Wow! What a surprise to find this forum. I am really delighted. We do have few pets at home. Credit to my wife and daughter.
The white Dog(Zoey) came under the vehicle on a rainy day while my wife was returning from office. She was a puppy and later we realized she had issues with walking as the ligaments on both the legs were not proper. After 4 operations and spending around 50K she is able to walk now. She is a Lhasa Apso mix breed.

Birds are an imported breed. Cant get the actual name. Very friendly and roams in the house and can don't fly out as their wings are trimmed.
It is real fun having them around. Another reason for buying Scoprio as well
Its very nice you have adopted these animals,i too had a Lhasa Apso when young,have put an example pic in the previous page.
But i dont let my pets on the bed even though they do jump on when we dont wakeup in the mornings[:)]
I think the birds you have are called African Parakeets.

Well you had to buy a Scorpio,in my case i have been forced to try getting a new house with garden space so my mom can get the pets along when we are in Bangalore.[roll]

What a surprise finding this thread !

I've had a dog in my family since i was 4 years old. We started with one dog and reached a max of 18 dogs at a point and then now we're down to 1 dog. A full cycle of life i guess. All my dogs were family born and bred. They were American Eskimo breed. However, we decided that the separation too great a pain.
I'll post my pictures once i get them dug out from the Storage.

We always feel if you cannot look at dogs, any pets for that matter, as a family member please don't adopt them. I've rescued numerous dogs from around my locality who were ill treated/not cared for. It really saddens me that the love one receives from a pet is pure unadulterated love, yet people choose to abuse and chain these love machines.

I've also got an 4ft by 2 ft by 1 ft aquarium. The residents are 3 Angels, 2 huge plecos, a Gourani couple and a pair of Bengal hillstream loaches.

Now, a cab service for pets in Chennai

Wagging Tails operates two cars to transport animals—Photo: Special Arrangement

Jayashree Ramesh and Kamal Banger started Wagging Tails after their friend couldn't get their ailing dog to the vet in time.

It was that one night that got Jayashree Ramesh and Kamal Banger to start Wagging Tails, a cab service meant exclusively for pets. “My friend couldn’t find a vehicle to take her ailing dog to a hospital. She lives in Semmancherry and by the time we reached and took the dog to the vet, it died. That’s when we decided to launch this service,” said Ms. Jayashree, who is also an animal activist.
“We were toying with this idea for a long time, but we finally decided on making it a reality,” said Ms. Kamal. The duo launched the service on Sunday. They have two cars, one for the big dogs and the other to accommodate smaller ones. “I drive the small car myself, or ask my husband to help out,” said Ms. Jayashree. “We are looking for drivers as most of the calls that we get are from far away places like Thiruverkadu,” she said.
The first service they offered was to a kitten whose owner wanted to take her for vaccination, but couldn’t find a vehicle that allowed pets inside. “It is sad that animals suffer so much silently, and do not get timely help. Many do not allow injured pets inside their vehicles,” said Ms. Kamal. “We are here to help to the best of our ability,” said Ms. Kamal.
The cab service will be provided for owners having dogs, cats and birds and will be available round the clock.
Pet owners can contact 9003055606 or 9841022214 to book the cab service

Now, a cab service for pets in Chennai - The Hindu

Akash1886

Honoured Member

This incident has created a lot of anger among animal lovers and even others. I read in newspaper that both the culprits were absconding fearing the backlash of the act. However, Police got involved and contacted both their families and the parents agreed to co-operate with the authorities on the same. Both these morons are MBBS students and about the dog, I read, it was alive but wasn't able to walk. 3 animal lovers came to it's rescue.

Regards

Akash

This incident has created a lot of anger among animal lovers and even others. I read in newspaper that both the culprits were absconding fearing the backlash of the act. However, Police got involved and contacted both their families and the parents agreed to co-operate with the authorities on the same. Both these morons are MBBS students and about the dog, I read, it was alive but wasn't able to walk. 3 animal lovers came to it's rescue.

Regards

Akash
Doggone it! Bar the brutes - The New Indian Express

Top Bottom