TAI Member Achieves 46 KPL in Indigo Manza!

What 46kmpl??!! Where was it achieved? He must have driven the car at a constant speed i guess!

Even that is the case,this is too much man! I could imagine all the possibilities like No A/C, windows rolled up, steady speed of 55 Km/hr etc.. Still, 43 km/l !!!! He is almost getting a free ride man [frustration]

Hey do you remember we had discussed before that a Bolero can give 35.xxkmpl? If a Bolero which is a heavy duty vehicle can give that much at a constant speed why not Manza man? If i am right even Fiesta diesel gives similar mileage if driven at a constant speed.

Yes, I remember that one too. I was thinking about buying a Bolero after that LOL! This shows one thing, if we have a good engine, its all about how we maintain it and makes good use of it. The result will be something astonishing like this!

manza has the same multijet engine from fiat used in swift, but with more power.

if a swift gives a max of 25kmpl on highway runs without AC, i dont know how a much heavier manza can give 45! unless laws of physics have changed recently!

maybe the fuel attendant filled in a tankful but charged only for half, by mistake... then this is possible!

I am coming across this new for a couple of days. It says "Mr. Narayanan driving techniques which helps him extract the best mileage out of any car he drives."

Mr. Narayanan please share how differently you drive the car?

350Z

Core Team
This news is indeed remarkable. Tata Indigo Manza (Quadrajet) is already a leader in terms of Mileage, and claimed Fuel Efficiency by SIAM is somewhere 20+ Kpl, He just achieved another 20+ Kpl more, eh? The record must have been obtained under some critical driving conditions, like Shynish pointed out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

if a swift gives a max of 25kmpl on highway runs without AC, i dont know how a much heavier manza can give 45! unless laws of physics have changed recently!
I have got ~26KMPL on my punto, same engine. And I am sure I could have achieved more.
Though 46 looks very-very tough, but not impossible.

Top Bottom