Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

Hi deville,
Hope you can help please. Trying to install a tachometer in my Alto 2010 model. Need some advice in getting the dash cover above the speedo off. Don't want to break anything. Also, wires on the original tacho are red-black-yellow and blue, no stripes. Going out of my head right now [anger]. See attachment on my thread. Many thanks

This is the image I wanted to show you.
Dash 9.JPG

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the help I have received so far. All is working, except, I don't think the tachometer is accurate. Idles at 500RPM and tops out at +/- 4000RPM. I connected it up as was advised to the PSW module, brown wire. Is there is something I am doing wrong? I will post pics later of what I have done.

I want to install tacho on my alto k10 lxi. Which one is good a star or ritz?? And from where I can get it?? Can anyone help please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to install tacho on my alto k10 lxi. Which one is good a star or ritz?? And from where I can get it?? Can anyone help please?
You can go for the ritz tachometer as ritz is still sold in the indian market and would be easier to source the part rather than astar's tacho which is discontinued! also you can visit any MGP shop in your city or any MASS and ask them to get the part for you! Also you can also get in touch with showrooms or their respective workshops !

Hi guys, since the last 1 week i've been searching for a ritz tachometer, but to no avail and i was also turned down MGP saying tachometer comes under accessories and I must contact Vitesse or Sai Service for the tachometer. I did contact these ppl but they told me that i would have to purchase the entire speedometer amounting to 6K - 7K which is really not feasible as i only need the tachometer. I've been reading all your posts and as advised by a few ppl, the tachometer comes upto Rs. 1200 - Rs. 1300, which is in fact pretty reasonable yet I have not been able to find a tachometer for my car.

Enough with the story guys..all i wanna know is that where can i get a tachometer for my Maruti Esteem Vxi as I wish to install a sleek and classy looking tachometer for my car even after having a company attached tachometer inside the speedometer.

Eagerly looking forward to a helpful guidance..thank you in advance!

Thread Starter #190

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi guys, since the last 1 week i've been searching for a ritz tachometer, but to no avail and i was also turned down MGP saying tachometer comes under accessories and I must contact Vitesse or Sai Service for the tachometer. I did contact these ppl but they told me that i would have to purchase the entire speedometer amounting to 6K - 7K which is really not feasible as i only need the tachometer. I've been reading all your posts and as advised by a few ppl, the tachometer comes upto Rs. 1200 - Rs. 1300, which is in fact pretty reasonable yet I have not been able to find a tachometer for my car.

Enough with the story guys..all i wanna know is that where can i get a tachometer for my Maruti Esteem Vxi as I wish to install a sleek and classy looking tachometer for my car even after having a company attached tachometer inside the speedometer.

Eagerly looking forward to a helpful guidance..thank you in advance!
Some idiot at the spare counter may not be aware of the separate tacho unit in these cars. Go to MGP and order with part number mentioned by @kannan.cnkr.

Here is the part no 34200M83K00 as you requested for Ritz and it would cost 1037rs only.
Since Esteem VXi was MPFI, there should not be much issue connecting Ritz tacho, provided you find the right tacho signal wire.

Some idiot at the spare counter may not be aware of the separate tacho unit in these cars. Go to MGP and order with part number mentioned by @kannan.cnkr.

Since Esteem VXi was MPFI, there should not be much issue connecting Ritz tacho, provided you find the right tacho signal wire.
Deville_56 I contacted my local auto accessories guy and enquired about the tachometer of the ritz and he's given me a rate of 4.5k and according to you guys it comes upto 1200 - 1300.

Please help.

Thread Starter #192

deville_56

Honoured Member
Deville_56 I contacted my local auto accessories guy and enquired about d tachometer of the ritz and he's given me a rate of 4.5k and according to you guys it comes upto 1200 - 1300.
Please help.
Auto accessory guys sells branded stuffs like Autometer only and not these OEM stuffs. Get it from MGP. Order with the part number.

Auto accessory guys sells branded stuffs like Autometer only and not these OEM stuffs. Get it from MGP. Order with the part number.
Deville_56

I've already done that n as I've said earlier..the MGP guys are saying that I will have to purchase the entire speedometer assembly and not just tachometer which is costing around 6 - 7k

Please advice if you know anyone who can get me this tachometer?

Thread Starter #194

deville_56

Honoured Member
Deville_56
I've already done that n as I've sd earlier..the MGP guys are saying that I will have to purchase the entire speedometer assembly n nt just d tachometer which is costing around 6 - 7k

Please advice if u know anyone who can get me this tachometer?
Give them the part number and ask them to order. Period.

Give them the part number and ask them to order. Period.
Deville_56

Thank you very much. I found the tachometer which is costing 1037/- from MGP and I plan to buy it in first week of Feb and I shall share the pics of the same with my other accessories installed from you guys to take a look and share your opinion.

Thank you very much once again!

Top Bottom