Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

Thread Starter #166

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks, Deville. What/where is the distributor ground thingy? Any idea about good makes & price range?
Tacho connects to ignition coil ground (distributor, maybe [:)]) right inside the bonnet.

1369818707_514122422_1-Lucas-Ignition-coil-for-old-Maruti-ZEN-Barahanagar.jpg

MOst prefered brand in AUtoguage, which startes around 2.5-3k for a 2.5 inch units. Cheaper ones like Pricol is available for around 1k.

Hai friend's my OBD II head up display was cancelled due to US embrace problem money has been refunded by the website today finally found the ECM today in my car will research it tomorrow and post it with gud pictures ECM is located near battery in ritz and swift petrol engine so will come up with solution soon don't worry friend's.[:D]

Dear Deville_56,
Good to see your DIY but can i ask you that how you fix the tachometer in dashboard means you used any special type of glue like elfy or something else like that ???

Yes Varun I ordered A stars one., please let me know if anyone need ritz one for their 4 cylinder Maruti
Can you ship it to Delhi ? And will it work fine in my RITZ LDI? Please let me know.

Hai

Finally i managed to remove the dash today [:D]and found the connection but there are several brown wire comes to the speedo console [confused]

I have taken the snapshot with mobile as i don't have digi cam right now.

In dash board the tacho slot provision is given so no big modification needed so tacho can be installed but tacho signal cable must be identified.[roll]

Another thing is speed console (pricol made)is same for all variants i saw the all alerts indication include diesel/Petrol alerts in speedo console but as we expected wiring harness different.
Hey did you find any female connector or which wire is used for Ritz LDI, I want to intall the same in my RITZ LDI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi deville/Varun and member thanks for the information about the tachometer installation.I have a maruti zen 2003 MPFI (not estilo). Last week i bought a ritz tachometer. As per your post i was tried to connect on my car but i can't install it . Can you help me with the wiring?

Red Wire - Ass positive
Black Wire - Ass negative
Yellow wire with blue strip - ?
Yellow Wire With White Strip - ?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #174

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi deville/Varun and member thanks for the information about the tachometer installation.I have a maruti zen 2003 MPFI (not estilo). Last week i bought a ritz tachometer. As per your post i was tried to connect on my car but i can't install it . Can you help me with the wiring?

Red Wire - Ass positive
Black Wire - Ass negative
Yellow wire with blue strip - ?
Yellow Wire With White Strip - ?

Thanks in advance.
Yellow with white goes to tacho signal and yellow with blue to lighting.

how to install tachometer in new alto 800 ,but i am confusing for brown wire of tacho signal. my car have F8D engine is new alto 800 have brown wire of tacho please give me reply............

Thread Starter #178

deville_56

Honoured Member
how to install tachometer in new alto 800 ,but i am confusing for brown wire of tacho signal. my car have F8D engine is new alto 800 have brown wire of tacho please give me reply............
I have wired in an F8D Alto, but don't remember the wiring. Check yourself.

In case of estilo and wagon r, it's the brown wire in the connector with no connection in speedo PCB. Not sure about zen mpfi. Check the first few posts, snaps there.
Automotive OEMs have no reason to change colour codes in their wiring harnesses for every model. This makes their electrical team identify stuff easily. Simply go with the brown wire as Deville says. Most probably it will work.

Dear,
Tacho wire will be mentioned in workshop manual.
Please ask a service personnel in MAS, he surely will help you.
Please ask some where outside the service where you bought car.

Or you can trace wire from rpm sensor from flyweel .

Last edited:

Top Bottom