Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

is there any update intalling tacho??
Hai

Finally i managed to remove the dash today [:D]and found the connection but there are several brown wire comes to the speedo console [confused]

I have taken the snapshot with mobile as i don't have digi cam right now.

In dash board the tacho slot provision is given so no big modification needed so tacho can be installed but tacho signal cable must be identified.[roll]

Another thing is speed console (pricol made)is same for all variants i saw the all alerts indication include diesel/Petrol alerts in speedo console but as we expected wiring harness different.

Attachments

No dedicated tacho connector??
yes not able to find because many brown cables are present in the connector[frustration]

so need the service manual or expert to detect the tacho signal cable.

but tacho can be fitted hassle free as the is slot for it provide in the dash itself by the wiring kit is different from swift manual as i traced.

I need expert advice in it.[roll]

Checked in that bunch of wires whether a separate connector is taped down??
Its bunch of wire which leads to steering wheel for ignition connection,wiper,headlamps,power steering connection and bunch to speedo unit which i shown & nothing more in it i verified.

I think tacho connector is missing if we get workshop manual we can able to identify it becoz its separate connector lead to tacho in Ritz VXI variant.I think there is no need for tacho signal to go to speedo console as Tacho is separate unit in ritz.

your estilo the tacho signal routed to speedo console becoz top end Vxi consist tacho in speedo console itself so from ECM it is routed to speedo directly.Like this

Attachments

Great finally you managed to remove it.
You had ordered the service manual , Right ? So you can proceed when it arrives
Sadly i don't have any idea about this electrical stuff as i have already stated so cannot help.

But from what i can understand you have said that the tachometer signal doesnt come to the speedo console like in estilo .So where will you be taking the connection from ?

Great finally you managed to remove it.
You had ordered the service manual , Right ? So you can proceed when it arrives
Sadly i don't have any idea about this electrical stuff as i have already stated so cannot help.

But from what i can understand you have said that the tachometer signal doesnt come to the speedo console like in estilo .So where will you be taking the connection from ?
Ya ordered but it may take time as it is not available in ready stock i think so if any ritz Vxi variant dash removed we can sort out the connector and where it is routed we can justify and easily fitted in the dash without big modification.Need help friends.[roll]

So known MASS guy can help out in this thing.As i service my car with popular maruti they already told it can't be done so need to find good expert SA in this issue.

Ya ordered but it may take time as it is not available in ready stock i think so if any ritz Vxi variant dash removed we can sort out the connector and where it is routed we can justify and easily fitted in the dash without big modification.Need help friends.[roll]

So known MASS guy can help out in this thing.As i service my car with popular maruti they already told it can't be done so need to find good expert SA in this issue.
bro any update in installing tacho??

hey anubhavs i analysed finally planned to fix a OBD II device in my car so i have ordered it when i succeeded will inform u with my post and pictures ok.

may i know your budget for tacho so that i will suggest a gud OBD II to you ok.
@ Kannan - what is OBD?
@ Deville- Thanks, what rpm range should I look for? Where do I take the input signal from?

Thread Starter #164

deville_56

Honoured Member
@ Kannan - what is OBD?
OBD is on-board diagnostics. There will be a port in most modern cars with ECU where you can connect scanning device/or a computer with dedicated software with which you can scan the ECU and get full details like rpm, temperature, various values at sensors and of course if there is any trouble. OBD to Bluetooth adapters are available, which can convert your new-gen phones to a live diagnostic monitor. Kannan might have bought that. Sai Shibu already got that.

@ Deville- Thanks, what rpm range should I look for? Where do I take the input signal from?
Zen would require 8k max, but most of the aftermarkets for petrol are available in wider rpm range aka 10-12k rpm. You can take signal from distributor ground.

Top Bottom