Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

i don't know accurate cost of it but i read its around 500 bucks if you register in MGP they will call you and intimate the price and location where to get it.
thanx for the suggestion bro...and u should try to open the dash from the screws above the key...i m not sure about this..but u should try from there

S your correct i got A-Star manual from one of my friend.Same connector brown was the tacho signal i found.but my problem is how remove the top dash of ritz. Afternoon i taken my car to a ICE acc shop but he doesn't clearly know how to remove dash and speedo console as they don't remove these for ICE setup.

Only MASS can open it but they won't do it for customer request for these type of setup they don't encourage.

Thinking what to do[confused].:please:

I enquired the material tacho,4 screws,bracket comes around Rs: 1478 cash and its available.[frustration]
Check your mail.I have sent you some links of places in chennai where it can be done.

Also have you purchased the tachometer ?
And is the ECM module (with the pin 4) visible without opening the dash in your car?I am asking this because if the pin 4 is accessible we can just connect the tachometer to it without opening the dash and see if it is working or not.Thisway we will be sure of the electrical part atleast.

Also have you purchased the tachometer ?
And is the ECM module (with the pin 4) visible without opening the dash in your car?I am asking this because if the pin 4 is accessible we can just connect the tachometer to it without opening the dash and see if it is working or not.Thisway we will be sure of the electrical part atleast.

ECM is located at back side of the glove box and we should not disturb it as it is main part of our car.It costs around 30k. This cable will be routed from ECM to the speedo console surely as deville WagonR speedo console has so we need to only open the front console so that to trace the only one full Brown tacho signal cable comes from the ECM.

Another thing i want to conform the Ritz tacho comes with white socket plug type pin so its whether possible to plug that in speedo console anywhere we need to check so definitely we need to remove the console to verify it

Without opening the top dash we can't able to access the speedo console screws becoz the console is closed by the top dash.

If we identify this then we can arrange the material what ever we need to start the work.

No big modification needed as ritz support the metal bracket directly to frame so It fits like OEM.

Attachments

Last edited:
ECM is located at back side of the glove box and we should not disturb it as it is main part of our car.It costs around 30k. This cable will be routed from ECM to the speedo console surely as deville WagonR speedo console has so we need to only open the front console so that to trace the only one full Brown tacho signal cable comes from the ECM.

Another thing i want to conform the Ritz tacho comes with white socket plug type pin so its whether possible to plug that in speedo console anywhere we need to check so definitely we need to remove the console to verify it

Without opening the top dash we can't able to access the speedo console screws becoz the console is closed by the top dash.

If we identify this then we can arrange the material what ever we need to start the work.

No big modification needed as ritz support the metal bracket directly to frame so It fits like OEM.
i think the tacho u got is the a-star's tacho..because color combination in a-star is match the tacho you have got.

anubhavs584

No use of the steering mounted screw.I removed the screw but by that we can able to only view the ignition controls,wiper,head lamps switch etc connections only can be viewed but not able to see anything of speedo as it is inner side.[sleep]

No idea how to remove the speedo unit if anyone succeeded can post any snap how to remove it.[:)]

Its just a sample tacho i posted its A-Star only.Ritz looks different i know it.[;)]

I think like in every other Maruti, the dashboard top can be pulled out.
Its very hard to pull out the top module i already given a try and it very flimsy near speedo console so i didn't pull harder.

Any expert in remove the speedo console can give a try of this work.

Its not easy like door panel removal Deville so i'm waiting for any expert in this issue.[surprise]

Thread Starter #147

deville_56

Honoured Member
Its very hard to pull out the top module i already given a try and it very flimsy near speedo console so i didn't pull harder.

Its not easy like door panel removal Deville so i'm waiting for any expert in this issue.[surprise]
It's easily removable in Estilo.

Try giving a call to some of the links i had mailed you.
Also i will ask the MASS people i am visiting tomorrow.Will update you tomorrow.
Would have got it done till now but am not at all sure of what to do after removing the console.[frustration]

Last edited:
Try giving a call to some of the links i had mailed you.
Also i will ask the MASS people i am visiting tomorrow.Will update you tomorrow.
Would have got it done till now but am not at all sure of what to do after removing the console.[frustration]

just remove it and trace the brown tacho signal cable to speedo console and tacho bracket area whether provision to hold the tacho bracket.

Any white connector female connector available in speedo console.Take good snap of removing and cable details rest of it i will do it.

If you post the photo's i will buy the need things for installation.[surprise]

just remove it and trace the brown tacho signal cable to speedo console and tacho bracket area whether provision to hold the tacho bracket.

Any white connector female connector available in speedo console.Take good snap of removing and cable details rest of it i will do it.

If you post the photo's i will buy the need things for installation.[surprise]
is there any update intalling tacho??

Top Bottom