Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

Thread Starter #76

deville_56

Honoured Member
1 the tacho from ritz vxi will have matching backlight so any mod (like u have done ) will not be required and i will have 4 connections instead of 3 to connect to the speedo console couplers right?????
Since it's OEM for Ritz, it would match stock lighting. I made it red to match my red theme [evil]

2. Now you answered me about this point but i don't understand what u meant can you explain it in detail.
From what i understand , what u mean is that the tacho signal (brown ) wire in the speedo console connector is not bieng used on the other end so i can just push the tacho signal wire of the tachometer from the connector somehow and join it with the live tacho signal in the speedo console .

Am i right??
I will still need your guidance on how to do this properly without cutting/splicing the wires
There will be gap behind the plug. Push it through and use a needle or small flat tip screw driver to make the wire get in contact with the connection. Again Jugaad way.

One more thing is that Ritz and A-star got seperate connection for Tacho, so there might be provision to plug in the tacho. Producing 2 different wiring harness for different trim levels may be a mess of a mass producing giant like MUL. So I assume there will still be chance. Best way to find out is go to MGP and get hold of the parts manual available there, just tell them about the confusion.

3 where will i connect the backlight wire???? U have said that it should be connected to the acc so that means two wires will connect acc right????
Yeah. I connected directly to ACC. Backlit always ON when ACC is live.

u mean at one other place the oem acc wire will need to be spliced to connect the red wire???
If you are worried about splicing, take connection from head unit supply. There is an ACC signal going to it, or even from the cigarette lamp connection.

5 as far as i can understand u have not touched the ecu ??? Am i right??
ECu untouched. I took connection from the speedo console end.

There will be gap behind the plug. Push it through and use a needle or small flat tip screw driver to make the wire get in contact with the connection. Again Jugaad way.
but how will the connection be permanent if we do it in this way??
Wont there be risk of sparking???

One more thing is that Ritz and A-star got seperate connection for Tacho
separate, does it mean the way u have done the DIY may not work in ritz

Producing 2 different wiring harness for different trim levels may be a mess of a mass producing giant like MUL. So I assume there will still be chance
Last time i went to MGP and asked about fitting tacho in lxi and the electrician just told me that it is not possible because the complete wiring will have to be changed which will cost rs 10000.......but again they may not have any idea nor r they much interested

Best way to find out is go to MGP and get hold of the parts manual available there, just tell them about the confusion.
dont know whether they will show any interest but since ritz sells in international market i can search for its part manual on internet Right?? Otherwise the only option will be to open up the dash and see what type of wiring is present

Finally managed to get the Maruti ritz tachometer fitted onto my Wangon R 2007 Lxi Duo. The meter works like a charm [clap]. I followed all the connections as per this blog. To simplify them , they are .......(Connections -- Red frm tacho - To ACC positive, Black - To Negative, Yellow with white stripes - Tacho signal (connect to brown wire behind dash, Yellow with blue stripe - Bakclit). The only problem i faced during the wiring was for the backlit. The meter workd fine with the back light on with the ignition but when I put the parking lights on, the backlight of the tacho would go off. After alot of brain storming with my mechanic[frustration] he finally found an extra negative terminal inside the dash and connected the backlight to that (as per what he says). The back light now remains on all through out and I personally had no issues with that fact. The image shows the brown wire which severs as the Tacho signal for the meter.

Attachments

Coming to the mounting mechanism for the Tacho. Hats off to my mechanic for that job as well. [clap] First we held the tacho up-right and marked the position and made two very fine, neat cuts to use the side clamps at the base of the tacho. We cut the long pillars which were made on the tacho to extend into the dash as well. Between the two cuts we made, we also made a hole in the center for all the wires to go through. Using only the side clamps under the tacho made the job simpler. The tacho fits as if it were made for that car itself or possibly company fitted. It fits perfectly tight and does not rattle on the dashboard no matter what. Keep in mind not to make the cuts on the dash too large orelse the meter would not fit too well. Looks amazing on the dash. Makes my baby reli gorgeous inside and adds a new spark to it. Finaly also attached a pic of my baby revving at 4000 RPM [clap].

Attachments

Coming to the mounting mechanism for the Tacho. Hats off to my mechanic for that job as well. [clap] First we held the tacho up-right and marked the position and made two very fine, neat cuts to use the side clamps at the base of the tacho. We cut the long pillars which were made on the tacho to extend into the dash as well. Between the two cuts we made, we also made a hole in the center for all the wires to go through. Using only the side clamps under the tacho made the job simpler. The tacho fits as if it were made for that car itself or possibly company fitted. It fits perfectly tight and does not rattle on the dashboard no matter what. Keep in mind not to make the cuts on the dash too large orelse the meter would not fit too well. Looks amazing on the dash. Makes my baby reli gorgeous inside and adds a new spark to it. Finaly also attached a pic of my baby revving at 4000 RPM [clap].
great work looks beautiful indeed !!!

But does ritz tacho suits the wagon r engine as ritz has a 4cyl engine while wagonr has 3 cyl.I thought a stars tacho has to be installed in wagon r.

Also can u tell me how did u source the tacho for ritz and the cost presently

great work looks beautiful indeed !!!

But does ritz tacho suits the wagon r engine as ritz has a 4cyl engine while wagonr has 3 cyl.I thought a stars tacho has to be installed in wagon r.

Also can u tell me how did u source the tacho for ritz and the cost presently
Thank you soo much. It indeed brings a spark to d car! Secondly the Ritz meter causes no problem with readings as the Wagon R also is a 4 cyl. and not a 3 cyl. car according to( Technical Specifications: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R [1999-2010] LXi Minor [2006-2010] - CarWale ). Rather I guess an A Star taco wud cause a problem. I called Sai service mumbai for purchasing the item. They forwarded me onto a Maruti Genuine Parts outlet where i placed the order and recieved they product within a week. While placing the order I made sure to metion wether I wanted a petrol or diesel one as readings cud defer. I got the tacho for Rs. 1038 precisely. [clap]

Well done Arish Ghaswala., how its working?., I am also placed my tacho with the same technique which your mechanic did.
Thanx alot bro! Its workin fantastic (tch wood)[:)] Honestly im jus a 19 yr old and follow all these instructions for all customisations. Its reli nyc to recieve such a warm response from every one here. Amazing being a part of ya'll [cheers]

Thank you soo much. It indeed brings a spark to d car! Secondly the Ritz meter causes no problem with readings as the Wagon R also is a 4 cyl. and not a 3 cyl. car according to( Technical Specifications: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R [1999-2010] LXi Minor [2006-2010] - CarWale ). Rather I guess an A Star taco wud cause a problem
Sorry i thought u had the k series wagon r. For 4 cyl ritz tacho is fine.

I called Sai service mumbai for purchasing the item. They forwarded me onto a Maruti Genuine Parts outlet where i placed the order and recieved they product within a week. While placing the order I made sure to metion wether I wanted a petrol or diesel one as readings cud defer. I got the tacho for Rs. 1038 precisely
Wow that cheap i am placing the order tomorrow

Honestly im jus a 19 yr old and follow all these instructions for all customisations. Its reli nyc to recieve such a warm response from every one here. Amazing being a part of ya'll
well i am 21 and u will be surprised to know how many ppl are there in this forum in our agegroup.
Boys in our age have the motivation and the passion to keep our rides in better than showroom condition.U have done a gr8 job and i will be following your work and do the same in my new ritz lxi soon.It is indeed gr8 to find ppl with the same interest atleast online( i think there is a scarcity of petrolheads in my daily life,My parents think i am wasting my time on accessorizing/detailing my cars and should spend that time studying ).

i still have doubts regarding getting this done

Did u splice the wires for doing the connections.I have new car with warranty so would not do any splicing of wires. If you did splice the wires ( which i assume u did cause your car must be out of warranty ) do you know of any way to make the connections without any splicing.

Sorry i thought u had the k series wagon r. For 4 cyl ritz tacho is fine.

Wow that cheap i am placing the order tomorrow

well i am 21 and u will be surprised to know how many ppl are there in this forum in our agegroup.
Boys in our age have the motivation and the passion to keep our rides in better than showroom condition.U have done a gr8 job and i will be following your work and do the same in my new ritz lxi soon.It is indeed gr8 to find ppl with the same interest atleast online( i think there is a scarcity of petrolheads in my daily life,My parents think i am wasting my time on accessorizing/detailing my cars and should spend that time studying ).

Did u splice the wires for doing the connections.I have new car with warranty so would not do any splicing of wires. If you did splice the wires ( which i assume u did cause your car must be out of warranty ) do you know of any way to make the connections without any splicing.
Thanx again :) ya I have the 4cyl variant 2007 model. Also, do not tamper with your car if its under warranty as you most likely will void it. I did have to splice and tape several or rather almost all wires for getting this job done. Not a safe bet if ur cars new. [surprise] Secondly im guessing that the wireing process could vary as urs is a Ritz. I only have knowledge as far as wireing on Waggie n zen estilo of that period were concerned.. Be very careful as to any change you make bro. Gudluck again :)

Thread Starter #86

deville_56

Honoured Member
but how will the connection be permanent if we do it in this way??
Wont there be risk of sparking???
Jugaad ways got its own risks and limitations.

separate, does it mean the way u have done the DIY may not work in ritz
Not sure whether Ritz got a similar connector to speedo console as tacho is not included in the speedo unit. You need to check it before starting, orall effort will go waste.

Last time i went to MGP and asked about fitting tacho in lxi and the electrician just told me that it is not possible because the complete wiring will have to be changed which will cost rs 10000.......but again they may not have any idea nor r they much interested
Go to MGP spare counter in the noon time when there is no rush. You can check with the parts manual and make sure whether LXi and VXi got different wiring harnesses and if they are same there will be provision to connect tacho directly. Still I believe they have same harness since making different harnesses for different variants can cost them more and Wagon R and Estilo has same harness throughout all variants.

dont know whether they will show any interest but since ritz sells in international market i can search for its part manual on internet Right?? Otherwise the only option will be to open up the dash and see what type of wiring is present
I tried to get the manual, but none found. You just need to remove the speedo to check. Try it [evil]

We are the genre of people believing warranty is just a gimmick [evil]. Most cars comes with electrical warranty for just a year and wont be covered under extended warranty. So if you are too much worried of the warranty part, wait for a year or else just go ahead and splice [evil]

Calling it a neat job will be an understatement, its a "perfect" install. Kudos to that guy.
Thank you soooo much bro for the appreciation. And yes Hats off to my mechanic for that..... Iv even told him about the appreciation his work got on this forum and he seemed really thrilled [:D] [clap]

Jugaad ways got its own risks and limitations.

Not sure whether Ritz got a similar connector to speedo console as tacho is not included in the speedo unit. You need to check it before starting, orall effort will go waste.

Go to MGP spare counter in the noon time when there is no rush. You can check with the parts manual and make sure whether LXi and VXi got different wiring harnesses and if they are same there will be provision to connect tacho directly. Still I believe they have same harness since making different harnesses for different variants can cost them more and Wagon R and Estilo has same harness throughout all variants.

I tried to get the manual, but none found. You just need to remove the speedo to check. Try it [evil]

We are the genre of people believing warranty is just a gimmick [evil]. Most cars comes with electrical warranty for just a year and wont be covered under extended warranty. So if you are too much worried of the warranty part, wait for a year or else just go ahead and splice [evil]
thanx for the replies........ I am still making up my mind about what to do.

Top Bottom