Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

[clap]

1. Most accessory guys use the wires going to ignition key for connecting aux items. Red wire for full time ON and Orange for ACC. Or connection to cigarette lamp or ICE will do.
2. Cost will be around 300 for 3M, dunno where in Bangalore.
3. Idle is more or less same in every car 800-1100.
Thanks will try to find ACC spot this weekend. Your post has been very helpful to me and other who want to install tacho at a reasonable price.

Regards.

Nice !! Neat installation. You could have swapped the back-lit led's to white so that it would match the speedo console..

Where are you put up in B'lore ? I got the 3m tape from JC road (Available in all accessory shops). Visit Nitin in the entance of JC road.

Hi deville_56, after seeing this I am tempted to fit the tacho again please suggest for the wiring as you know the issue which I am facing..
Thanks Varun, I was trying to open the tacho but was not able to go past the needle. Inspite of trying several times I was not able to pluck the needle. Even I felt white LED would suit better.

I do not have LEDs at the moment. I guess I might be able to buy these from SP road.

I live near CV Raman nagar, will check accessory shops for 3M tape.

Regards.

Hi,

Sorry for being here real late. Anyways, better late than never..
Great thread with all details captured real well [clap]. I am planning to get one for my Alto very soon.
Just out of curiosity, whats up with your finger buddy?? Hope All izz well now.
I am giving this thread a five. [:D]

antardaksh Did you checked my pics of tacho in the same thread. I just locked tacho on the dash. with the locks. Have a look :(
Hi Rakesh,

I had seen picture on your install, unfortunately I had removed the lock part from the tacho before I looked at the way you had installed. Hence the only option for me now is to use tape and stick it to dash.

Regards.

Hi,

I was able to find ACC source beneath steering column but have following question about the tacho.

Does the tacho needle stop at the speed the motor is running when the switch is turned off?

It returns to zero when we start engine again.

Regards.

Thread Starter #69

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi,

I was able to find ACC source beneath steering column but have following question about the tacho.

Does the tacho needle stop at the speed the motor is running when the switch is turned off?

It returns to zero when we start engine again.

Regards.
If you pull out key quickly it will stuck where it is. Pull it out normally and it will get time to come down to 0.

After sleeping with the tacho for exactly a month, lost patience and decided to fight out the ECU. After a search found ECU is similar to Baleno (series), but again let down was every other Maruti had 3 connectors while Estilo got 4 connectors #Fish#.
I read the whole thread. And can you pls share the ECU diagram that you used. It'll really help everyone.

Push in the wire inside the connector and secure with tape.
Thanks for replying although i didnt understand what u meant to say.
Well i have recently bought a ritz lxi (here's d review ) and after buying i realized how much i missed the tacho.I asked the MGP guys whether they can install the ritz vxi tacho and as expected they said that the whole wiring has to be changed so cannot be done.

Now I do not want to cut/splicing any wiring on my new car. I have got CL,front PW without any messing around with the wiring ( i am so paranoid about this that i am not even installing aftermarket horns which require splicing the OEM horn wire because aftermarket horns have different couplers )

So if i want to get a tacho i will have to do it myself.Now enough boring u,after reading your thread i realized that you are pretty smart to perform such a DIY and seem to have pretty good knowledge about electronics in which area i am a noob.So i would certainly require help from someone like u if i want to pursue it further.After reading(and rereading) your thread i have a lot of questions which i would like to ask

1 the tacho from ritz vxi will have matching backlight so any mod (like u have done ) will not be required and i will have 4 connections instead of 3 to connect to the speedo console couplers Right?????

Splice the tacho signal. (Can be avoided with jugaad ways)
Now you answered me about this point but i don't understand what u meant[embarass] Can you explain it in detail.
From what i understand , What u mean is that the tacho signal (brown ) wire in the speedo console connector is not bieng used on the other end so i can just push the tacho signal wire of the tachometer from the connector somehow and join it with the live tacho signal in the speedo console .

Am i right??
I will still need your guidance on how to do this properly without cutting/splicing the wires

3 Where will i connect the backlight wire???? U have said that it should be connected to the ACC so that means two wires will connect ACC Right????

Connect and secure. Connect red to ACC and black to body. Done.
U mean at one other place The Oem ACC wire will need to be spliced to connect the red wire???

5 as far as i can understand u have not touched the ECU ??? Am i right??

Sorry for silly questions i want to be thorough before i perform my first DIY on and too on my new car.

Last edited:

Top Bottom