Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

Sad news for who looking Astar tacho for alto. Tried to fit with the same signal which I used to fits on Ritz tacho, in its also needle not going above 5.5K RPM and I tried to source signal from Ignition coil negative. Its working but its going above 8K RPM and fluctuate the needle always. I fixed back the Ritz Tacho on my car because its solid than Astar one. indian rupees 1050 Wasted[;)]

Sad news for who looking Astar tacho for alto. Tried to fit with the same signal which I used to fits on Ritz tacho, in its also needle not going above 5.5K RPM and I tried to source signal from Ignition coil negative. Its working but its going above 8K RPM and fluctuate the needle always. I fixed back the Ritz Tacho on my car because its solid than Astar one. indian rupees 1050 Wasted[;)]
1050 for 3 cylinder one right? means my next purchase is INR 1050 [evil]

I think Alto 800s ECU's are tuned for cutting off the fuel if you are over-revving it. For 42 bhp, it's 5100 RPM obviously (max & safe). If I try to challenge that limit, fuel is simply cut off & you are rewarded with a few jerks in the car because of the blank spots created in fuel supply.

is it happening like this?

Just went through the spec sheets of 800 and Alto side by side. I assumes 37@5000 RPM is the default setting on 800CC ECU as the 800 spec says. I think that's because needle not going above that.

please check the specifications and correct me![frustration]

rpm.jpg

Last edited:
May be the max is cut off at 5.5k rpm.. So better done try it more.

If you have any friend at MASS, they have an rpm meter (looks like a multimeter)
just check in that for the max rpm.

deville_56 awesome DIY project ! with step by step instructions(worth gold to me at this point)some how i missed this thread altogether ......im also adding a ritz tacho to my esteem ; i must say im in phase 2 of the project since i have bought one but waiting to install after sufficient knowledge of the circuits (@varun56001;@jarpickle's advice has been really beneficial) i have one question though
The ritz tacho as i have noticed already comes with the orange backlight right, the one in the pic shows yellow? i intend to change the whole speedo console into orange backlight and ive been thinking the ritz tacho has an orange backlight by default, if the tacho does not have an orange tacho i guess i to have to do a DIY

Excellent stuff deville_56.[clap]
Now this DIY has been done on petrol cars. If i procure the Ritz diesel tachometer will i be able to connect it to my jeep and will it work drawing signal from alternator ? Please help anyone to clarify this. BTW any guess about the diesel ritz tacho ?

Top Bottom