Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

U did this for installation of the tachometer ?
If so i have a pdf of swift service/workshop manual . Ritz manual may be similar.
I read the manual but was not able to figure out much. A helpful person in some other forum informed me that the wiring harness for swift lxi and vxi is different,after understanding the manual.
Still the method applied for installing tacho can be applied in the ritz too since connection is taken from the speedo wire, only thing isnoone has tried it yet.
One more thing it is difficult to interpret the service manual so if you have done this for the sole purpose of installing tacho, i am not sure how useful will it be.
Petroholic

First of all understand Swift and Ritz have same K12 engine but the harness is different for every car and because Ritz carries pod type tacho meter and it separate unit but swift carries the full set of speedo & tacho,time, odu, trip, temp,alarm indication,fuel gauge all in single console in ZXI variant so both are not same in wiring harness.

I think pod can be installed in ritz as we need to find the only thing is where the tacho signal cable comes from ECM to Speedo but no one tried till now. I down know how to remove the speedo console else will find solution for this.

Another think factory fitted fog lamp with on/off switch in dash near head lamp adjuster was done by SA last week.May be this also possible i think. [confused]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #109

deville_56

Honoured Member
Nothing they told about cost but i think it will be around 300 to 500........[:)]

As i read in another forums it was cheap...
When I inquired about old Zen manual, it was around 800 back in 2005 time. If it''s cheaper than 500, I am desperate in getting workshop manual for Estilo [evil]

First of all understand Swift and Ritz have same K12 engine but the harness is different for every car and because Ritz carries pod type tacho meter and it separate unit but swift carries the full set of speedo & tacho,time, odu, trip, temp,alarm indication,fuel gauge all in single console in ZXI variant so both are not same in wiring harness.
ok you are right about this.
But the thing is it is difficult to understand the service manual ( for me atleast )
i can PM you the link to the swift's service manual if you want , see if you can understand anything about the connections. This will give you an idea whether you will be able to do the same when you recieve the ritz's manual.

Thread Starter #111

deville_56

Honoured Member
But the thing is it is difficult to understand the service manual ( for me atleast )
i can PM you the link to the swift's service manual if you want , see if you can understand anything about the connections. This will give you an idea whether you will be able to do the same when you recieve the ritz's manual.
Send me one too [evil]

Ok fine PM me i can able to understand some what i thing as i'm a B.E(ECE) so wiring harness i traced for bike but car this is first time i will give a try.

i got the tacho details what we required to install with all material with code sheet i thing this may help you out.

I just need to know about the ECM pin and Tacho signal details thats it.

I have the Owners manual but fuse and other detail of electrical Items are there but ECM connection was missing. [sleep]

Attachments

Ok fine PM me i can able to understand some what i thing as i'm a B.E(ECE) so wiring harness i traced for bike but car this is first time i will give a try........
cant PM you as i think your status is rookie in this forum
Give me your email.will mail you.

mailed & PM'd you since the link is of another forum , the complete address wasnt visible in PM.

hello bro i have read this whole thread. you have done very good job..and i m glad to install tacho in my ritz ldi. pls help me if any one tried in ritz

Ok fine PM me i can able to understand some what i thing as i'm a B.E(ECE) so wiring harness i traced for bike but car this is first time i will give a try.

i got the tacho details what we required to install with all material with code sheet i thing this may help you out.

I just need to know about the ECM pin and Tacho signal details thats it.

I have the Owners manual but fuse and other detail of electrical Items are there but ECM connection was missing. [sleep]
Just mailed you the service manual.
Do let me know about any progress.

Last edited:
Just mailed you the service manual.
Do let me know about any progress.

I got your mail and i traced for the circuit in index 9A -59 to 63 is for the main console unit harness the cable color's are mentioned for the input but ECM output and signal details are hidden and no info about it so its total 5 sigal cable comes in to main console for External temp,speedo,Tacho,Fuel,radiator temperature and 3 from TCM to micro controller for lamp alert and other diagrams indications like ABS,Brake,Oil,PS,Batt etc.....

so we need the ECM pin diagram to identify the correct tacho signal....this thing is with swift....

As i guess we have a clear idea about Ritz harness diff as this is pod type tacho gets separate wire from the Speedo console as the controller will be present in speedo unit so i think it can be identified if we get a workshop manual

Or[roll]

If anyone has ritz VXI model can post under dash images where the pod cable connected we can easily identify the connector...........[;)]

Top Bottom