Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

sorry, I am new to this party.

I understand the specifics involved here.
Can you someone just help confirm before I purchase the parts

Model : Maruti Estilo Lxi

Ritz Tachometer (for Petrol) will work fine... is it not ????
Ritz tachometer backlight is also yellow and it will match the backlight for ???

Can someone please confirm and I will do the rest. Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #92

deville_56

Honoured Member
sorry, I am new to this party.

I understand the specifics involved here.
Can you someone just help confirm before I purchase the parts

Model : Maruti Estilo Lxi

Ritz Tachometer (for Petrol) will work fine... is it not ????
Ritz tachometer backlight is also yellow and it will match the backlight for ???

Can someone please confirm and I will do the rest. Thanks in advance
Ritz one works fine, mine is from Ritz. Backlit should match the stock color.

Ritz one works fine, mine is from Ritz. Backlit should match the stock color.
Thanks.

Just an update. Out of sheer interest, I have ordered a old Estilo Vxi speedometer cluster. i know it is costly than this separate option.

I will receive the part in a few days from now.. Hoping that the Vxi speedo cluster is backward compatible with the Lxi harness.

Do you know anything in this regard.

Will that work fine ???

the Vxi speedo just has a fog lamp indication & a tachometer functionality additional.

Tachometer wire (brown ) is already reaching the speedo in the Lxi harness

Fog lamp indication is of no use to me.

So hoping this will be a compatible.

I will loose the odometer readings. I am aware of that one.

Is there any complicated sensor assembly for speedometer OR any other aspect that I should be concerned of when I remove the instrument cluster.

Thanks for all your help. Much Appreciated. Awaiting your reply for any information that you can add here. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Vxi speedometer in Lxi...worked like a charm. It was completely plug and play

I got a Vxi speedometer from MGP

I am planning to change the speedometer to LEDs . i will update photos once done

hai i am new to this forum.I own a Maruti Ritz LXI variant i want to install a tacho meter as the engine is so silent i cranked the engine in on state but MGA told its not possible can anyone one installed pls guide me. [confused]

Oh god i enquire about tacho in MGA its cheap around 1500 bucks but how to connect it without right wiring Harness??????????[roll].

Anyone know how to remove the dashboard and find the ECM and tacho signal cable in the maruti Ritz Lxi variant pls provide any snap shot of ritz dash and its spare location that will helpful to me [confused][confused]

I searched the service manual in net but i can't get anyone of it.

Can anyone please help me out.

Noone seems to have done this on the ritz till now.

I think the best bet will be to hold of a competent car electrician who can open the speedo console and check the actual wiring.

Noone seems to have done this on the ritz till now.
I think the best bet will be to hold of a competent car electrician who can open the speedo console and check the actual wiring.

Let's hope positive anyone comes with an idea for this issue.

I finally ordered a service manual in MGP today they told with in 1 week time will get you one copy of it.just now they called back. will update when i get it.

I finally ordered a service manual in MGP today they told with in 1 week time will get you one copy of it.just now they called back.......will update when i get it................
You did this for installation of the tachometer ?
If so i have a pdf of swift service/workshop manual . Ritz manual may be similar.
I read the manual but was not able to figure out much. A helpful person in some other forum informed me that the wiring harness for swift lxi and vxi is different,after understanding the manual.
Still the method applied for installing tacho can be applied in the ritz too since connection is taken from the speedo wire, only thing isnoone has tried it yet.
One more thing it is difficult to interpret the service manual so if you have done this for the sole purpose of installing tacho, i am not sure how useful will it be.

How to order one??
Go to any MGP store in your area.
You will find the address from mgp website.
Find the order no. and place an order.

Top Bottom