Tachometer Install on Maruti Zen Estilo

Hi,

I am trying to install Ritz Tacho in wagon r, I was able to test tacho signal but I am not able to figure out how to connect backlit connection (yellow wire with white stripe). Where should we connect this for backlit to turn on when we siwtch on ignition.

Thanks

Thread Starter #50

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi,

I am trying to install Ritz Tacho in wagon r, I was able to test tacho signal but I am not able to figure out how to connect backlit connection (yellow wire with white stripe). Where should we connect this for backlit to turn on when we siwtch on ignition.

Thanks
Connect to the ACC positive signal where you will be connecting the tacho positive.

Hi Deville,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I tried to connect backlight wire to positive but somehow its not working.
Tachometer is working fine when I connect the other three wires. Is there a possibility that the light might have blown(fused).

The only way I had tried to connect this wire was to +ve terminal.

Regards.

Thread Starter #52

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi Deville,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I tried to connect backlight wire to positive but somehow its not working.
Tachometer is working fine when I connect the other three wires. Is there a possibility that the light might have blown(fused).

The only way I had tried to connect this wire was to +ve terminal.

Regards.
I had the same issue, backlit was too feeble, so changed it.

Yes, the same issue. Let me check out the voltage across the terminals in a carb 800 / Esteem.

I had connected it to ign coil in my car it was showing the exact rpm..

Hi Deville,

Thanks again, I am planing to replace original backlight with led(similar to yours). When I was trying to open the tacho console , I was not able to remove the needle. I tried to pull but it did not come out. How did you pull out the needle and where can I get led/SMD similar to the once you used in Bangalore and what would be approximate price per piece. From the picture I can see you have replaced 3 bulbs with 3 SMDs.

Thanks

Thread Starter #56

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi Deville,

Thanks again, I am planing to replace original backlight with led(similar to yours). When I was trying to open the tacho console , I was not able to remove the needle. I tried to pull but it did not come out. How did you pull out the needle and where can I get led/SMD similar to the once you used in Bangalore and what would be approximate price per piece. From the picture I can see you have replaced 3 bulbs with 3 SMDs.

Thanks
Pull it out carefully, will come out with slight pressure.

I cut out SMDs from LED strip. Used to be 70-80 rs for half meter then, not will get for 50. It was already SMDs in tacho, I never removed them, stock new ones on them and soldered separately.

Hi,

I was able to test the back-light by connecting yellow wire(with blue stripe) to the negative terminal. I was hesitant to test this since I thought incorrect polarity might blow the tacho circuit.

Regards.

I have finally managed to partially install Ritz tacho in my Wagon R Lxi today.

I need some help from the members regarding the following points

1. I have temporarily connected red wire to positive terminal (source from switch for Hella 700FF). I have not sure how to find ACC neat steering column. There might be a wire in the coupler which can be used, since I was not sure I did not try connecting by hit and trial.

2. Deville has used foam tape to stick this to dash board. I was contemplating use of screw but its very difficult to reach beneath the dashboard to screw/unscrew tachometer. Where can I find 3M or equivalent tape in Bangalore and what would be tentative cost.

3. Idle RPM is around 900, is this normal for wagonr or zen (since these share same engine).

Here are some pictures, although install is not completed

100_1087.jpg

100_1094.jpg

100_1095.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59

deville_56

Honoured Member
[clap]

I have finally managed to partially install Ritz tacho in my Wagon R Lxi today.

I need some help from the members regarding the following points

1. I have temporarily connected red wire to positive terminal (source from switch for Hella 700FF). I have not sure how to find ACC neat steering column. There might be a wire in the coupler which can be used, since I was not sure I did not try connecting by hit and trial.

2. Deville has used foam tape to stick this to dash board. I was contemplating use of screw but its very difficult to reach beneath the dashboard to screw/unscrew tachometer. Where can I find 3M or equivalent tape in Bangalore and what would be tentative cost.

3. Idle RPM is around 900, is this normal for wagonr or zen (since these share same engine).
1. Most accessory guys use the wires going to ignition key for connecting aux items. Red wire for full time ON and Orange for ACC. Or connection to cigarette lamp or ICE will do.
2. Cost will be around 300 for 3M, dunno where in Bangalore.
3. Idle is more or less same in every car 800-1100.

Nice !! Neat installation. You could have swapped the back-lit led's to white so that it would match the speedo console..

Where are you put up in B'lore ? I got the 3m tape from JC road (Available in all accessory shops). Visit Nitin in the entance of JC road.

Hi deville_56, after seeing this I am tempted to fit the tacho again please suggest for the wiring as you know the issue which I am facing..

Top Bottom