Which Phone Would You Buy?

• Symbian

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Android

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Windows Phone 7

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
We are talking about a phone without overclocking and stock ROM. Even 1 GHz phones can be overclocked!

Not all apps can be transferred to the SD card.

I have never rooted my phone. It has had only official upgrades and is now running on Android 2.3, I have never felt the need to have Android 4. Yes, it does run slow at times because I have downloaded some heavy apps.

If I would have 25000 rs i would definitely go for Android.. (Samsung galaxy SII .. though I owe one too) as its the best Phone available in the android market. Android gives you a rich experience which Apple OS gives u but in a very affordable price. The customization and power to tweak android is immense even more than Apple OS. Symbian OS was left behind by android way back when Nokia refused to use Android on its smart phones and lost the battle to Samsung.

Android is very fast (though it should have a RAM of minimum 512 mb or more) and never hangs.. like symbian which takes ages to open things even in a 30000 worth phone. The latest phone nokia pure view 808 boasting 41 mp camera is not at all compared to a 8mp camera of samsung. 41 mp just clicks bigger size pictures which need a lot of space too but if you go to a photo store to get the pictures printed they will be hazy (on enlargement) and not at all clear. The symbian belle is also similar to the earlier ones and on top of that the new icons are more childish types trying to cope up with the market.

Android has lakhs of apps which are very useful too, but symbian apps are not all useful and range only thousands.

For me anytime Android...
I totally agree with you about Symbian being a boring OS.
But remember that symbian was then first to start multitasking and many other features .
Again Nokia was never going to use android why would they use it ? Infact like android all phone makers wre using Symbian for which they had to pay Nokia .
Android came as a free OS when google acquired it , and phone makers ditched Symbian and went for android . And since android was free and Symbian was not innovating it way put behind .
In actual sense it was ios and apple who pulled Nokia down .

Regarding pureview Nokia you have all wrong information it has 41 mega pixel yes but you can click pics in 2,5,8 ,38 megapixel also . It is the most advanced tech in camera as of now . Just go and see flicker and see what kind of pics people are taking with it there is no other phone in the market with a sofisticated camera like the pure view 808 .the top photograpic sites have reviewed the phone for its camera andnitvhas passed with flying colours .
and have you taken a 38 mega pixel pic taken by pure view to print or have seen one ?
Check here
Flickr: The Nokia 808 PureView Group Pool

Last edited:
Remove the price tag 25K now.

I have to say something, the camera in 808 captures excellent photos and the other phones cannot be compared with it(the camera).

IMHO, Android is the best OS compared to the IOS. IOS would have been the best if they had priced at a bit low. But they will never do it, if they do, the status symbol of iPhone will never stand again. Only Apple's thing I found that their screen!!!!!! It can't be defeated by any of others till now!

Symbian, I suggest no one to go for any other model than 808, and that too only if you love taking photos and who uses only for calling and general purpose only.
Well, I own a very outdated version of Symbian, V5 or S^1. But I'am happy with the current small mods available for it.

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 , its jst an awesome phone, so my vote goes to android.
everything is perfect except the camera :)

but for a camera it solves the purpose but if you really want quality pics , always trust DSLR's [;)]

I totally agree with you about Symbian being a boring OS.
But remember that symbian was then first to start multitasking and many other features .
Again Nokia was never going to use android why would they use it ? Infact like android all phone makers wre using Symbian for which they had to pay Nokia .
Android came as a free OS when google acquired it , and phone makers ditched Symbian and went for android . And since android was free and Symbian was not innovating it way put behind .
In actual sense it was ios and apple who pulled Nokia down .

Regarding pureview Nokia you have all wrong information it has 41 mega pixel yes but you can click pics in 2,5,8 ,38 megapixel also . It is the most advanced tech in camera as of now . Just go and see flicker and see what kind of pics people are taking with it there is no other phone in the market with a sofisticated camera like the pure view 808 .the top photograpic sites have reviewed the phone for its camera andnitvhas passed with flying colours .
and have you taken a 38 mega pixel pic taken by pure view to print or have seen one ?
Check here
Flickr: The Nokia 808 PureView Group Pool
Dude what I was trying to say is that Nokia is still not able to compete with the latest OS available in the market. Nokia Symbian was one of the best OS available but quite earlier and now a days Symbian looks old and refurbished. None of the cool features is adopted by Nokia and thus they are left behind in the race. There are lot of other things in Android OS leaving behind the price (which is also not totally free and a company needs to give certain loyalty) which appeals to the other companies who adopted it and are atleast successfull/running in the market with a respectable share of sales. Nokia is like totaly vanished. [cry] [confused]

Reagarding the Nokia 808 pureview I being a photographer experimented it in the nokia forum wherein we were given the set for few days to test. I found that the foto quality was not as good as a 41mp should be. Yes I know we can scale it down but still if you compared a 8mp camera of a samsung galaxy SII with a 8 mp (scaled down ) of nokia then you will find better details and less noise in samsung along with natural colors which nokia lacks due to the old image processing system. Its purely my view and based on that I took Galaxy SII because I love to click fotos.Nokia 808 has a 1/1.2'' sensor size with ND filter and can scale up to 4x lossless digital zoom but still nokia software lacking those image processing capabilities make it a above average camera and not a wow thing. If you look at the other things in the phone the processer and the RAM is all average only at 1.3 GHz ARM 11 with just 512 mb ram. Atleast they should have given 1.5 QC/DC processor and minimum 1GB RAM. Nokia needs to buck up be at par with others and compete and prove to be a winner.

If nokia's camera was excellent then it would have not needed such a high mp camera. The phone was given a 41 mp camera just to make the figure look attractive and the people who actually dont know abt the megapixel effect will buy thinking it will be excellent, though every good photographer knows that a 10mp or a 12mp camera is more than enough for a large scaled photo.

Here are some of the pics clicked by Samsung galaxy SII which I found to be quite good. (though its down scaled to fit in this forum i can share the original photo )

Attachments

Since I have used Samsung phones I know the quality the thing is that you get saturated photos .
We're as in 808 you get natural colours
808 PureView Meets Nissan GTR; Compliment Each Other Well : My Nokia Blog
Please take a look at the site and see the detail and clarity the images have .
And btw iam not a Nokia fanboy I hate Symbian and never bought a Nokia phone in my life only because of symbian , I now bought Nokia lumia 800 because it's windows phone which I love and iam happy using the os for last 1 year on a htc phone . The build quality of the phone is far superior to any Samsung phone .
The very reason I didn't buy the pure view was because of Symbian , and iam looking forward to buy a pure view Nokia windows phone 8 .

Nice photos Raja ,Thats an american version of GTR LHD

Good camera indeed

Raja build quality of HTC is worst. I still remember when I went to the Vodafone store to get mine Samsung Galaxy S3 , I was thinking to buy HTC one X at one stage and the guys said Please don't. We had so many returns from HTC customers and S3 no probs at all.

My mate bought HTC Desire HD and I bought Galaxy S ,2 years ago and he had to replace 3 different sets , one had button issues, second had the pixel issues (dead pixel)

Nice photos Raja ,Thats an american version of GTR LHD

Good camera indeed

Raja build quality of HTC is worst. I still remember when I went to the Vodafone store to get mine Samsung Galaxy S3 , I was thinking to buy HTC one X at one stage and the guys said Please don't. We had so many returns from HTC customers and S3 no probs at all.

My mate bought HTC Desire HD and I bought Galaxy S ,2 years ago and he had to replace 3 different sets , one had button issues, second had the pixel issues (dead pixel)
I was saying build quality of Nokia lumia 800/900 is better then Samsung . Last year I had no option other then buying a htc .in Samsung and htc I will always buy the Samsung one just for the screen and their is 10000 times better then htc.

My feedback towards respective mobile OS:

SYMBIAN
- Jack of all trade, Master of none.

It can do everything one would expect, performance expectations are less.
Less processing power required, hence better battery life. Symbian doesn’t require a multi core processor or a Gigabyte of RAM. Hardware utilization is minimum.
We can save/install apps on external memory, all Symbian series 60, 80 and 90 used to support multitasking.

Android
-Smart boy in the town.

Good browser, flashy animations, resizable widgets (only from ICS upgrade)
Require mutlicore processors for smooth processing with a gigabyte of RAM, needs application to save application on external memory.
I hate build quality of Samsung phone, looks same plastic used for 3K to 30K phones.
Google release OS upgrade very frequently which has its positive and negative effects, Nexus devices gets the update immediately.
If you would have purchased android manufactured by other vendor with his UI customization we need to wait 2-4 months to get the update and some devices we are not sure whether we will get official update or not. If I had spent 25K-30K on a device it becomes piece of junk within a span of one year.

IOS
– Smartphone only with EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE), also known as Enhanced GPRS (EGPRS)) 

Without GPRS/3G it is just a color phone with flashy animation.
Status quotient in the society – expensive device and data rate plans.
Revolutionary technology bought in touch-screen phones. I appreciate Apple effort in supporting the latest OS support for older models.
Bluetooth can be paired only with audio devices not possible to transfer files/music.
Without ITunes we can’t transfer music and videos to device.

Meamo>>MEEGO
– Dead on arrival 

This was the OS which could have given competition to Android OS, running on similar LINUX platform. This was developed by Nokia and Intel together.
Thanks to Mr. Elop for killing the awesome phone N9 the day it was released. Even with dead OS I would have bought this phone if released in India.
Currently Samsung and Intel are developing this OS and renamed the OS as Tizen.

At present I’m happy with my Nokia 701 running onSymbian Belle, 1.3GHz processor and 512MB RAM with a dedicated GPU (VFM phone). Next upgrade Google nexus (VFM @ $350, except its plastic body) or Nokia N9.

If someone interested in Apple Iphone 3GS, Aircel is offering unlocked Iphone 3GS @ 10K check this weblink:
http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/app...nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P24600292091309235637240

I have used symbian phones starting from Nokia N-Gage. But now when I bought Sony ericsson xperia for wifey, I understood the real power and fun about android, we can do lot of things in it. Android is the one I like now a days. When looking for new mobile for wifey we also considered lumia 610/800, and I personally liked windows OS, but wifey said no to it and went ahead for Android mobile.

@codename, I heard that Samsung Galaxy series phones is low quality built.
I don't think so that why I bought another one.

I had Samsung galaxy S and I flashed it several types with custom firmware and now its going to india my dad wants it. no scratches what so ever.

These were the reasons waiting for Samsung galaxy S3 . I got it when it was released in Australia the same day I went and got it. I love galaxy S series.
HTC are also innovative but they lack at the build quality

when it comes to android below 15 k phones are all not bad

Motorola defy and defy + are awesome with its built quality ,

am using LG optimus one and defy + haven't find any issues till date.

apps are stored in ROM defy plus comes with 1 gb rom apart from 512 mb ram

it cost me 13200 rupees only

when it comes to camera, i prefer my nikkon camera and not a phone that costs twice the cost of the camera.

according to market analysis nowadays highend mobiles above 10k mobiles are used for for browsing and not spending much time on calls or taking snaps

I don't think so that why I bought another one.

I had Samsung galaxy S and I flashed it several types with custom firmware and now its going to india my dad wants it. no scratches what so ever.

These were the reasons waiting for Samsung galaxy S3 . I got it when it was released in Australia the same day I went and got it. I love galaxy S series.
HTC are also innovative but they lack at the build quality
Okay. I may be wrong.[sleep]

Top Bottom