Swift Vs Swift Dzire

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

This is Anand from Hyderabad. I am posting my question first in this forum. I would like to purchase a new car so i did lot of research in the internet on all cars and i sorted out two cars - Swift ZDI and Swift Dzire ZDI. This is my first car. Please suggest which one is better for me. I travel daily 30KM. Please suggest any other car which is better than these two. Thanks in advance....[:)]

Hi Friends,

This is Anand from Hyderabad. I am posting my question first in this forum. I would like to purchase a new car so i did lot of research in the internet on all cars and i sorted out two cars - Swift ZDI and Swift Dzire ZDI. This is my first car. Please suggest which one is better for me. I travel daily 30KM. Please suggest any other car which is better than these two. Thanks in advance....[:)]
Since you have done research you know that both are same cars essentially and the difference is just the boot .
Do you need the extra boot provided by the dezire in your daily day to day drives ? If yes buy dezire if not buy swift .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
if you travel just 30 kilometers daily then i'll say go for the petrol. you'll save a lot more money because your daily commute is not more than 60 kilometers but if you have decided you have to go for a diesel then both have its advantage and disadvantages.

swift will be easier to park in tight places where as dzire will give you extra boot space.

since the engine is the same i reckon dzire will give comparatively less mileage than the swift , i mean the weight of the dzire is obviously more.

my daily commute is just 30 kilometers just like you and i opted for a petrol sedan and i don't regret it.

Thread Starter #4
Hi, Thanks for your valuable reply.

Yes, some of my friends also suggested me to take petrol version rathar going for diesel version but if we see petrol Fuel effeciency is lesser than diesel and petrol cost is also expensive than diesel. one thing i know that diesel car price is appx 1.5lac higher than petrol car.

Please let me know the advantages and disadvantages of petrol and diesel engines since i am travelling only 30KM per day (1000KM per month).

If you suggest me petrol version, which Sedan gives better mileage in city as i am new driver. my budget is around 8 to 9 lacs(not more than 9lacs) and looking for middle/top end.

Thanks in advance.....

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i was getting i20 diesel for 7,00,000 this february. since my commute was just 30 kilometers i opted for hyundai verna [;)] which costed me 8,70,000 petrol middle model.

but first tell me this , do you have another car for commuting ?

because i use my other car whenever possible and my verna has covered just 3000 kilometers in 6 months but mostly i drive 30 kilometers daily.

first tell us this and then i'll suggest.

Last edited:
If you suggest me petrol version, which Sedan gives better mileage in city as i am new driver. my budget is around 8 to 9 lacs(not more than 9lacs) and looking for middle/top end.

Thanks in advance.....
Honda City is one of the best petrol sedans in India, in petrol u wont get a better refined engine and FE is best in its class. Honda service is the icing on the cake. also added positive is the resale value as and when you decide to sell it.

@Kasetty,

Since it is your first car, I suggest the following looking at your usage, required FE and more to the today's Hyderabad traffic conditions. Though you have bit more budget,still

Go for a hatch back since it is your first car and parking becomes easy
Go for a petrol one according to your usage
Go for a 1000cc car if you are more keen on FE

options mentioned in the serial order or preference,1st with first preference.

the options are Alto K10, Spark, Beat, Brio, Micra,Santro,I10

If you want a diesel one a hatchback, then
Go for Punto, Swift, Ritz,Vista,Beat,I20,Figo

If you want a petrol sedan, then
Go for Honda city, Mahindra Verito, Dzire(sorry I do not consider it as sedan),fiesta,verna,Nissan Sunny
If you want a diesel sedan, then
Mahindra Verito, Dzire,Fiesta classic,TATA Manza,Nissan Sunny,Verna

Hope this will help you [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i'm so sorry , i forgot you mentioned this is your first car.

see if you have a budget of 9 lakhs and you won't have any problem driving a sedan then go for a petrol sedan but as gurrula mentioned sedan's mileage will be much lower than any hatchback.

Thread Starter #10
Hi,

As i mentioned in the previous post, Can you plz let me know the advantages and disadvantages of petrol and diesel varients as my dialy commute is 30KM in city from home to office and office to home..Hatch or Sedan anything is Okay for me but i am looking for a car which will be easy to drive on city roads and highways occasionally as i am new driver. i would like to know that why everyone is suggesting me to take petrol varient for 30KM drive daily as it is more expensive and less FE comparing to diesel....please suggest me in this regard....

Last edited:
Hi,

As i mentioned in the previous post, Can you plz let me know the advantages and disadvantages of petrol and diesel varients as my dialy commute is 30KM in city from home to office and office to home..
Please try and search this topic in the forum, you find plenty of information on this with beautiful examples too !! hence I feel it is not so relevant for this thread to have that discussion here where you really loose focus of your selection [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
See if you buy a diesel , the break even point or you'll recover your money in a minimum 5 years.

The petrol price will pinch you but if you buy diesel you'll end up paying even more. Decide a car and tell us the prices of the diesel and petrol variant and we'll calculate for you.

See if you buy a diesel , the break even point or you'll recover your money in a minimum 5 years.
Break-even point will vary on usage. For me i was able to break-even in 6 months time and I opted for diesel.

to decide between petrol vs diesel, you will have to consider
  • don't just think about daily usage.
  • consider weekend usage. you might easily cross 100-150KM in a single weekend
  • also look into the number of long drives you take for a year
  • car budget finance vs cash. if finance then how much finance amount?
  • more over petrol price is almost 40% more than diesel price
  • average mileage you can expect from petrol vs diesel
Do all these math's properly. you will get an easy idea on whether to go for petrol OR diesel. Then you look for which car/brand/model to go for.

Thread Starter #14
Hi, Thanks for your quick response..I would like to go for Swift ZXi/ZDi.

On road price of Swift ZXI - Rs. 6,79,571, ZDI - Rs.8,04,926

Down payment would be 3-4 lacs (min 3lacs and max 4lacs)

Daily commute 30KM (Minimum 1000KM per month). Highway drives occassionally (Apprx 600KM, once in 3months)

Swift Petrol average mileage in city - 15KMPL and Diesel - 18KMPL

I think I would get less mileage than above mentioned numbers since i am new driver...based on these things, plz suggest me....diesel or petrol..

Last edited:
I vote for ZDI, but really now convinced with the price[cry] for a hatch, for that price you can by a good diesel Sedan either fiesta,Manza,New Verito !!

Top Bottom