Swift Proportionate Valve For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Here is an swap / upgrade of the brake proportionate valve form Swift (even Baleno has the same)on to my M800. [evil]

I have an brake booster installed I was felling braking was not upto mark, when pressed hard my car use to skid, I could fell the rear wheel's break's were not working at all..

One day saw a Valve in a Swift was thinking about it, searched on the net got some info, so taught why not swap it to my car..

Here the use of proportionate valve is it helps us to reduce the pressure on the break pedal and also proportionately distributes the braking force between all the wheels equally with out locking up the wheels.

800 has two proportionate valves at the rear which is connected only to rear wheels, so I guess it was not so effective.

Finally bought a new proportionate valve 1200 rs (MGP) Bosch make.

We need extra pipe lines (metal) as we need to connect it from booster to proportionate valve then to brake lines.

Total cost - Valve - 1200, pipe lines - 250, Brake fluid - 500ml - 350rs.

Need to flush all the lines after this install..

Now I am happy the breaking has improved, lesser pressure on brake pedal.
No skidding / locking up of wheels in high speeds. [:)]

Here are some pic's for reference.

OEM Proportionate Valves.
Prop.jpg

Proportionate Valve
21042012239.jpg

Valve fixed
21042012242.jpg

Attachments

Hi, Varun
Hats off to you. Once again trendsetting product for Maruti 800. Have you retained the original valves of 800? How is the pedal feeling? Do you find the brake is adequate in high speed?
Regards.

Hmmm everytime you do something like this, it just raises my curiosity to know, what your next mod will be.

Your car had seriously good brakes, now with this addition it should be almost like "ABS".
What if you brake while cornering & similar conditions where load in not equal on all tires, does it still avoid skidding? Till what speeds will this work comfortably? Is it okay to get it on carb 800's?

Congrats, you are setting milestones for other 800's like mine to catch up with. Hope I will catch up soon [evil]. Keep doing such out of the box DIY's, it does motivate me a lot :)

Thread Starter #4
Hi, Varun
Hats off to you. Once again trendsetting product for Maruti 800. Have you retained the original valves of 800? How is the pedal feeling? Do you find the brake is adequate in high speed?
Regards.
Thanks.. yes the old valves are intact, pedal is smoother now, I checked at a speed of 70kmph its adequate.. [;)]

Hmmm everytime you do something like this, it just raises my curiosity to know, what your next mod will be.

Your car had seriously good brakes, now with this addition it should be almost like "ABS".
What if you brake while cornering & similar conditions where load in not equal on all tires, does it still avoid skidding? Till what speeds will this work comfortably? Is it okay to get it on carb 800's?

Congrats, you are setting milestones for other 800's like mine to catch up with. Hope I will catch up soon . Keep doing such out of the box DIY's, it does motivate me a lot :)
Thanks..not tried yet, but I think it should not skid.. It can be done with a car having booster.. Many more to come !! [evil]

Okay I got it. In general my car front wheels tend to get locked and starts to skid. I have never seen/ experienced my back wheels getting locked. Lets say I am driving my 800 with this proportionate valve fit in it & I brake in a straight line hard. Will this Proportionate Valve ensure all wheels skid?instead of only front two?

Thread Starter #6
It will equally distribute the braking force.. it wont skid.
Rear wheels never lockup instead you fell they never stop.But in this case you can fell the braking equal for front and rear..

So how to handle distribution between the stock proportioning valves and the new one?

This would mean the car would have a total of 3 proportioning valves.

Talk about brakes biting some more[cheers]

Have to check the real world application of the stock ones.

Have experienced the weight shift but no skidding yet.

More testing then will decide if the extra proportioning valve is needed.

Nice DIY no doubt.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #11
Yes there are 3 proportioning valves.. the rear (stock) ones are just like T joints ..
So what I what I have installed will do the job here.. I am also planning remove the stock ones after confirming that it is not present in other cars..

Brake biting [confused] I don't what it is sorry..

For testing no track of course..but normal drives you can find the difference [:)]

Thanks, you can test it any time in my car when we meet..

Last edited:
It is a term used to describe the braking process.

Thanks for the invitation but you are not exactly next door now.

I was testing my brakes.Under full braking you can experience the weight shift.

The skidding hasn't started yet.

Hence need to test out the current brakes too full potential and more to make sure the additional proportioning valve is needed.

Top Bottom